I dunno if I am the only one that thinks so, but I personally find it very annoying that the weapon paint/skin selection in Arsenal makes the list several times as long as it needs to be. For example, each MX has three camo variants in APEX (Black, Tan, Jungle) so all MX are already tripled, and some user mods (I am guilty of that as well) and even the "official" mod have a lot of extra skin selection that clutter the Arsenal list.

It would be very nice to see a pain/skin selection method like with the vehicle customization.

Made a ticket here https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120480

Wouldn't that simply work with camo selections? Given that the weapon has got those?

I all up for it.

• Like 2

"Camo" tab for:

uniforms, vests, head gear, packs, primary/secondary/launcher weapons, binocular/NVG slot items.

The basis (vehicle texture tab) is already in-engine. The logical evolution of it would be to maximize it's usefulness where applicable.  ;)

EDiT:

Also hope that BI return at least some cut content from pre-release. They already made it, so why not include it?

They can even make a big marketing tool out of it about supporting the platform with "new free content" post-APEX...

"Camo" tab for:

uniforms, vests, head gear, packs, primary/secondary/launcher weapons, binocular/NVG slot items.

The basis (vehicle texture tab) is already in-engine. The logical evolution of it would be to maximize it's usefulness where applicable.  ;)

This is a bit more complex than it seems. First thing first - neither Arsenal nor Garage are directly in the game engine, both solutions are scripted. Changing of camouflage and animations on vehicles relies on Vehicle Customization and that system requires some config support. It would be possible (given enough time) to do something similar even for weapons / uniforms / equipment, but as far as I have seen, community creators are rather struggling with the system even for cars. That's the reason for it not being a priority for us now, but hey, that may change in the future.

EDiT:

Also hope that BI return at least some cut content from pre-release. They already made it, so why not include it?

They can even make a big marketing tool out of it about supporting the platform with "new free content" post-APEX...

Despite of popular belief, there is next to none content "cut" from the game. There have been several prototypes shown even on screenshots well before the release, but their state was bad even back then - they were meant to test the functionality in game, and some failed even such tests (e.g. shotguns simply don't work well because of some engine limitations like reloads). Truth to be told, even the barebone samples provide better functionality than the assets that were used just for testing.

To describe the assets better, they were just one of the resolution lods (not even the first I would say), the same used as a shadow lod, with box as a geometry and Arma 2 physics simulation. We took for example MQ-12 Falcon which we used to test drone functionality four years ago, and we had to re-model and configure it form scratch to match the rest of the assets. Releasing the so called AMOS version of AMV as it is would mean the same, roughly half a year of work. We have considered releasing it for community creators, it would mean they would need to do it from scratch too however - there would be no gain for neither side :icon_evil:

• Like 5

This is a bit more complex than it seems. First thing first - neither Arsenal nor Garage are directly in the game engine, both solutions are scripted. Changing of camouflage and animations on vehicles relies on Vehicle Customization and that system requires some config support. It would be possible (given enough time) to do something similar even for weapons / uniforms / equipment, but as far as I have seen, community creators are rather struggling with the system even for cars. That's the reason for it not being a priority for us now, but hey, that may change in the future.

Well at least add some mod folders to get rid of the cluster mess in the arsenal when using a lot of mods

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189979-folders-in-virtual-arsenal/#entry3014020

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be possible to only add the base weapons and from their link to a "folder" which contains all different versions of that base weapon?

Example:

One clicks on the MX 6.5, then the user can select any variant of that weapon, e.g., camos, Gl version, silenced version etc.

Just a rough idea, I'd already be happy if we could have mod folders as RobertHammer suggested (and many others)

• Like 2

You should check the arsenal function one day, you'll understand why adding anything to it takes ages.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, pettka.

TBH, The configuration of skins and animations in VhC isn't all that complicated. We had a lot of that set up in older CUP versions already, and the next one will go all-out with that.

But you don't really need to have a "real" skin selection. All you would have to add some config lines that designate a weapon as a the "base" version (mostly I would guess the factory default paint job), and have variants of those selected in a second list. The end would still be a configured weapon name, not a setObjectTexture on init. VhC doesn't require the camo variants to be configured. With weapons, it would be no problem to make that a requirement, like with the MX's that are already configured classes. It would just show the MX in its original tan color in the main list, and have an extra tab in the right list where you can select the variant. Nothing fancy.

• Like 2

Good and insightful reply! Thanks!  ;)

Still, a solution (even just for weapons) to lessen the clutter would be greatly appreciated.

You should check the arsenal function one day, you'll understand why adding anything to it takes ages.

It's not that bad actually, splendid Mr. Moricky did a good job.

Are you fucking kidding me R3VO, it's a mess and you know it, hell part of the function is useless (ammoboxExit), a rewrite would be nice but it's sure never gonna happen.

• Like 1

DATA  

• Fixed: The soundEdge parameter of the crawling animations had an incorrect value 
  • Fixed: Running diagonally in a crouch stance would have an inconsistent speed for different directions 
  • Fixed: The Details tab was shown automatically after the Respawn menu was opened in some cases 
  • Eden Editor 
  • Added: A minimal distance parameter for the Garbage Collector settings (defines a minimal distance wrecks or bodies need to be for a Garbage Collector to delete them) 

Eden editor finally released on dev branch :yay:

Request: Add option to set monitor refresh rate in video settings (and/or the game launcher)

Currently, I believe this can only be achieved by modifying "Arma3.cfg", which some people might find inconvenient.

Okay, you could argue that this will be useless for most users, but there are some of us who need to run non default refresh rate to get the best game experience.

Request: Add option to set monitor refresh rate in video settings (and/or the game launcher)

Currently, I believe this can only be achieved by modifying "Arma3.cfg", which some people might find inconvenient.

Okay, you could argue that this will be useless for most users, but there are some of us who need to run non default refresh rate to get the best game experience.

A stable, medium fps is better than a high, unstable refresh rate.

So since Aspect Ratio Customization is being removed, does this mean CUSTOM FOV is no longer going to be done? If SO I am VERY grateful

The new mute buttons in the map interface seem to be buggy. They overlap with the rest of the interface.

http://imgur.com/a/lRLP3

As for the Arsenal, I think it would be really useful if we could copy the classname for every asset to clipboard (like ctrl+c/rightclick+copy). AFAICS now only whole config export via the export button is possible...

Has anyone seen optics like this? It's happening with the AN-PVS scopes.

tumblr_nmhuv4ShnJ1qglnd4o1_500.gif

Screenshot here:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/482274241069215791/6690A1B19DF9B78AEDD1C937E8B3582741B0EF9D/

Haven't tested yet if it's mods or also in Vanilla.

I've also seen this "creepy long player arms and fingers" effect pretty often today with many weapons.

• Like 2

Has anyone seen optics like this? It's happening with the AN-PVS scopes.

Screenshot here:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/482274241069215791/6690A1B19DF9B78AEDD1C937E8B3582741B0EF9D/

Haven't tested yet if it's mods or also in Vanilla.

I've also seen this "creepy long player arms and fingers" effect pretty often today with many weapons.

Yes.  I've reported a couple of times here.  Seems to come and go, although the last time I checked, it's been around for a while.

• Like 3

I get that 'horror-hands' when placing soldiers in 3DEN, with the latest dev..

Just testing our Halloween Update - it's a cool touch, but we're not quite happy with the gameplay benefits. We'll probably revert to regular hands today ;)

• Like 12

Well, it does help to spot that one asshole AI who don't fire at you till you've killed all his mates and about to exfil with all the loot in the truck...  :lol:

• Like 1

Is it a bug or a feature that AI's seem to have speakers enabled on there radios? I can hear their commands even though I am not in their group.

https://youtu.be/nSkCt9x-DYY?t=5s

Is it a bug or a feature that AI's seem to have speakers enabled on there radios? I can hear their commands even though I am not in their group.

But since you are close you should hear them talking...?!