Sometimes it's useful to discuss updates to the Steam Development branch in one centralized place. Let's use this thread for that. The changelog thread can stay clean and do its thing. It mainly serves for our team to rapidly see if a daily update is very broken or very epic :ph34r:

• Dev-Branch is not final software; content and technology is subject to change and may still contain errors/ lack certain features.
  • Dev-Branch may have special profiling tools enabled which, ironically, impact performance while being used to profile performance issues.
  • Next to that there is the real possibility that any new feature / fix temporarily affects performance in an unintended manner.

Actual issue reporting should still happen via the Feedback Tracker of course. Thank you! Edited by dna
  • Like 2

I wouldn't say "Fixed: Picture-in-Picture of ships and SDV drastically decreased framerate" is fixed, still drops from 120 to 80 FPS (1/3) in the Ships, 1/3 is just way to high to be viable in the long run, the obvious thing to do is to turn it off, and put those extra fps to use in some other settings since PIP is rarely used.

Edited by zhrooms

239 mb patch was a sneaky one, just picked up the RPG and crashed then found out the game is updating.

For info.

As of: 11-04-2013

EXE rev. 103960

Some class names have been renamed. Here are two I've come across whilst updating missions:

RoadBarrier_long -> RoadBarrier_F

RoadCone -> RoadCone_F

After today's update I am now getting following error when trying to launch ArmA 3;

2bj7cke.png

Already tried the following;

- Clear launch options

- Verify game files

- Restart Steam

- Reboot PC

- Run as administrator(both Steam and ArmA)

All to no avail. I will now revert to the default branch and see if that works, if not, it might not be the dev branch's fault although I can't imagine what else it could be, I had not rebooted my PC since yesterday.

EDIT:

Looks like I found the culprit. After reverting to the default branch I was able to start the game up. I took a look at the Expansions menu and noticed that one of my mods was still being loaded even though my launch options were empty. I disabled it ingame, went back to the dev branch and all is well. False alarm.

Edited by SneakyDuck

Much better fog right now, great work! Thx! :)

Much better fog right now, great work! Thx! :)

Any chance of a screenshot? Still dling over here.

ok, please remove the standing-up-animation-inside-choppers bug, right now player models can even rotate around a chopper instead of sitting inside, and make motion blur a separate feature please, so we can turn it off without sacrificing bloom and shadowing, thanks

I've tested the new version and didn't saw the standing up on choppers, are they still there? tested on the MH

make motion blur a separate feature please, so we can turn it off without sacrificing bloom and shadowing, thanks

Yes please, not only do I not like motion blur, but is also seems to give me fps drop when I turn quickly.

Here. Vote it up.

Let's please not turn this thread into yet another wishlist.

Just to be sure, yesterday i was playing and when i was accessing the map while prone, sometimes when i exit the map my character played the animation of when healing himself when prone, it looked kind of random but it happened while acessing maps, could someone try to reproduce it to see if it is only on my side?

Yes, please use this thread exclusively to comment on existing changes in the Development branch; not for wishes. Thanks for understanding :)

Can we discuss the switch of primary weapon to the left side when "adjusting" left? Or should I make a separate thread elsewhere? Maybe a poll?

Whereas fog was overdone (e. g. started too early before) now it begins too far. This looks better than how it was before but you can see how it begins abruptly - like you get normal unfogged ground and then everything is fogged without smooth gradient transition.

The better solution will be something in the middle between how it was before and how it is now.

Here. Vote it up.

Let's please not turn this thread into yet another wishlist.

That's one of the biggest problems with ArmA, the lack of settings and the settings don't need 6 different stages like Very Low all the way to Very High, it could be made so much simpler very easy. And description when hovering above a setting so you know what it does.

we still have that annoying bug, when you exit the map and press W to move forward, the character starts running and controls become unresponsive, the only thing that helps is when you press Spacebar, the character starts to change weaps and stops running, it's easily reproduced

I've tested the new version and didn't saw the standing up on choppers, are they still there? tested on the MH

This is happening to me on ATV's but I'm yet to experience this in choppers

I have seen this in MP many times!

Everyone ecept me is standing in the chopper with a pistol animation.

Nice update of fog, it's possible to increase it again i think in the range of 0 to 2000 m when you fall, the circle of fog is so present.

With this update of fog : maybe a new problem ? :

In 3d view of soldier, i have many clipping when you are upper than 1000m.

In 1st view of soldier, no problem all the time.

Not sure if it's the fog or if it's been mentioned elsewhere but I'm getting better performance according to FRAPS. Not massive but up from 42 fps at the start of the helo showcase (standing still at beginning) to 47-48. Feels smoother in general and getting higher numbers everywhere.

Good stuff Bohemia - keep it up.

Can anyone verify if this issue has been resolved yet or not? Also, although the EBR was rechambered to 7.62 x 51 mm NATO, the filename for the magazines was still "20Rnd_762x45_mag", has that changed as well?