Sign in to follow this  
rrggtt97

How to install DayZ?

im lost. i dont know what tyo do. here is what i did

1. bought ArmA 2: Combined Operations form impulse (Gamestop online)

-it came as both ArmA 2 and OA standalone. so it wasnt combined

2. installed both to my gaming hard drive (E:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 and E:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead)

3. I couldnt find out how to combine them (please help me find out how. i already tried _runa2co_nonsteamOA.cmd)

4. ran both to build registry.

5.Downloaded DayZ Commander

Thats it. i got confused there because DayZ commander was locationg my game in the right foler but it said undert "install/update" ARMA 2: NOT FOUND (out of date)

please help me.

For the best guidance, you should consult the official DayZ Forums. You find them here :)

You can install DayZ manually if you have verified Arma 2:CO is working. You can download the files from here [uK Mirror from Dayzmod.com], go to your Arma 2:OA Directory, create a new folder called @DayZ, create another folder in the @DayZ folder called Addons and then copy all the single files to the Addon folder. After that, just add -mod=@DayZ to your Arma 2:OA shortcut.

Edited by PurePassion

For the best guidance, you should consult the official DayZ Forums. You find them here :)

You can install DayZ manually if you have verified Arma 2:CO is working. You can download the files from here [uK Mirror from Dayzmod. com], go to your Arma 2:OA Directory, create a new folder called @DayZ, create another folder in the @DayZ folder called Addons and then copy all the single files to the Addon folder. After that, just add -mod=@DayZ to your Arma 2:OA shortcut.

First i'd like to say thank you for replying, secondly do i have to have both my arma 2 and operation arrowhead files in 1 folder or can they both be standalone to run CO?

You're welcome.

No, they just have to be in the same directory as you have already installed them.

You're welcome.

No, they just have to be in the same directory as you have already installed them.

so both of them being in E:\games\Bohemia Interactive is enough for it to be CO?

Easy way is to use Dayzcommader from http://www.dayzcommander.com/ or playwithsix from http://play.withsix.com/

Dayzcommander would be best for just Dayz files and mods

Playwithsix would be best for Dayz and ArmA

Both are exellent tools and i have both installed.

I already have DayZ commander but it says i dont have arma 2. it says "ARMA 2: NOT FOUND (out of date)

so both of them being in E:\games\Bohemia Interactive is enough for it to be CO?

Yes, run them both once as you did and then install DayZ manually. About DayZ Commander, did you put in the correct paths for the two games under "settings"?

Yes, run them both once as you did and then install DayZ manually. About DayZ Commander, did you put in the correct paths for the two games under "settings"?

Yes. I put the one that says ArmA@ Directory to E:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

ArmA2 OA: E:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

And DayZ directory is automatically set to E:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\_DZC_CACHE should i change that to E:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@Dayz ???

Your @Dayz folder has to go inside the Operation Arrowhead directory :)

Have you also ran both games after installation ? you can't install and then jump straight on Dayz.

Your @Dayz folder has to go inside the Operation Arrowhead directory :)

Have you also ran both games after installation ? you can't install and then jump straight on Dayz.

I have installed and ran both. just finished reinstalling to start fresh. If you have TeamSpeak 3 client, join this IP and it would be easier to talk me through it 192.227.129.71 Thanks :) and if you join TeamSpeak my name is [pGA]GFWxFearless

Edited by rrggtt97

I guess the problem is on DayZ commander's side. Just install it manually.

You can install DayZ manually if you have verified Arma 2:CO is working. You can download the files from here [uK Mirror from Dayzmod.com], go to your Arma 2:OA Directory, create a new folder called @DayZ, create another folder in the @DayZ folder called Addons and then copy all the single pbo and bisign files to the Addon folder. After that, just add -mod=@DayZ to your Arma 2:OA shortcut.

I guess the problem is on DayZ commander's side. Just install it manually.

i added the files from the download link you provided into E:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ

and i added dayz.bikey into E:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansions\Keys.

i also added -mod=@DayZ to the end of my arma2OA shortcut.

When starting up OA with the shortcut it says "Add on dayz_anim requires add on CA_Dubbing_Counterattack" i click ok and the game starts up. so at the menu another thing pops up about something missing. some civilian thing. anyways i go to the multiplayer section and all DayZ servers i cant join. it says "Bad version"

EDIT: i got rid of the 2 errors on start up but when i open DayZ commander, in the install/update section it says ARMA2 NOT FOUND (out of date)

PICTURES:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?405x9wdf80a166b

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?2u17pwudq84p8np

Edited by rrggtt97
Update

oh that's what you're talking about :D Just click install. It will then automatically download the latest beta-patch so you have the same version the servers have.

PurePassion is correct, the error about Arma 2 not found (out of date) refers to the beta-patch.

Press the install button next to it to download and fix that.

The second error shows that @Dayz is corrupt, again use DZC to download and fix that.

Your 2nd image shows you have the correct paths :) hopefully once you do the beta-patch and re-download @Dayz it will all work.

Ok, i got DayZ running, but i can tonly join through DaqyZ commander. When i try to join through the multiplayer list, this is what happens

Ok, i got DayZ running, but i can tonly join through DaqyZ commander. When i try to join through the multiplayer list, this is what happens

On every server?

On every server?

every server that i tried joining yes. only when i use DayZ commander is when i can join servers but when im at the server list in game, all the servers (i have tried) have done that

Since ArmA 2:CO is now running, i'm affraid that i have to insist that any further DayZ assistance has to be searched on the DayZ Forum.

§8) Post in the right forum & right thread

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!