granQ

Swedish Forces Pack: 0.7.4 (Updated 27th of May)

Is that...a custom made arma 3 terrain?

Whooo knoooows?

What can I say about this?

Well, fact is.. we don't have proper tools, and I was never good with this stuff to begin with.

Keep your expectations really low..

wamako_airport.jpg

Not sure when and at what stage we will release, it doesn't have much and we don't want to be known as the mod with just half done stuff, but then again.. I guess more than us are a bit tired of Stratis.

On Sunday we will play our coop event on this island, after that I expect some feedback.

Love the mod but where is the classnames list? Realy frustrating not being able to use the weapons to your own wishes in the editor.

(no Classnames are pressent in any txt files.)

hanks in advance :)

EDIT: Also the uniforms, helmets etc. Wold be cool to gett a classname list on.

Edited by 3inar

Today is the Swedish national day, and what better way to celebrate it than with an awesome release..

A new ArmA3 world to enjoy, while still in development I think many will be happy to play something that isn't Stratis.

Check the first post for videos, detailed description, changelog and download links.. and yes, this time it comes with classnames ;)

Nice update! I really liked the little part of Wamako, i saw on our included mission, although there is a small issue (which should be quite easy to solve).

Unfortunately it seems wamako leaks any kind of midrange or distant texture, resulting in a boring ground texture, once the overgrowth stops (around 100-200m).

Maybe you could get into contact with "bad benson" and ask him, if you might use one of his midrange textures for your map? I think midtex sharp 1 or 2 might be the best (i use sharp2 for stratis, but sharp1 might fit better for the african plains). Or maybe, he could make his addon compatible with wamako.

This is his thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150645-midrange-terrain-texture-replacement

I might ask him over steam, how much work it would take, to make midtex compatible with wamako.

please do.. because I understand very little of that so any help is really appreciated.

Today is the Swedish national day, and what better way to celebrate it than with an awesome release..

A new ArmA3 world to enjoy, while still in development I think many will be happy to play something that isn't Stratis.

Check the first post for videos, detailed description, changelog and download links.. and yes, this time it comes with classnames ;)

haha härligt härligt :)

I love you and your team! Kisses from Jönköping (no homo!) :D

Good work on the map, and the weapons are good too, but i guess i'll have to be that guy....I think the Uniforms are a bit too glossy and need some work. Too be frank, the textures are a wee bit stale. But hey, really admire the effort though. I'm sure it will improve. At least it's original and not another reskin. Kudos for the creativity on the future units also.

please do.. because I understand very little of that so any help is really appreciated.

Mondkalb made a lot of modding tutorials regarding map design, have you read them? Great job, btw!

Few wishes, if I may?

- Custom sounds for the AK5?

- Picatinny rail for the AK5?

- Dirt on the Uniforms

- Desert Uniform

Regarding the map:

- I get very few frames on it (13-14, while I get around 22-28 on Stratis)

- If you need an inspiration, look at the cities of Mali, VICE made a good documentary.

Great job, already using it! :)

we at reality gaming just tested the mod pack and it very very nice great fps on our deidicate server ,just a question ,could you please just release the pbo for the map please ,that would be great,thanks

I have some problems with the African Opforce not firing there weapons. I am not sure if this has to do that they are all only cary 1 mag eatch and whant to save the bullets. But seriusly they just run to there Death like some sort of harmeless kamakazi pilots haha :P

we at reality gaming just tested the mod pack and it very very nice great fps on our deidicate server ,just a question ,could you please just release the pbo for the map please ,that would be great,thanks

Like these ones?

sfp_wamako.pbo

sfp_wamako_objects.pbo

sfp_wamako_roads.pbo

sfp_wamako_units.pbo

By the way. Several signatures don't work with the new version.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106806270/GBB%20Files/arma3%202013-06-07%2015-14-14-54.png

We used the old version of sfp on our servers with enabled sig check, no problems there..

Edited by Predator.v2

3inar: 1 mag each? Not by default, They should carry 4 mags, not sure about the AT guy if the bandoiler accepts 4mags + 1 AT rocket, but i´ve checked that the MG and rifleman have 4 mags which they happily blasts away at blufor soldiers.

Lightninguk: Right now, atleast the sfp_wamako_units.pbo have dependencies for other pbos in SFP. The island might work standalone with these files:

sfp_wamako.pbo

sfp_wamako_objects.pbo

sfp_wamako_roads.pbo

but as for now the units need their sfp weapons. This could possibly change in the future depending on what our modelmakers stick their head into next.

Brain: Picatinny rail for the AK5? Not sure what you mean, The ak5c have fully working rail for optics and support for silencer and flashlight/laser

subroc: I will check again. I only know that when I tried to loot the bodies I culd only gett the weapon with one mag in the weapon.

3inar: 1 mag each? Not by default, They should carry 4 mags, not sure about the AT guy if the bandoiler accepts 4mags + 1 AT rocket, but i´ve checked that the MG and rifleman have 4 mags which they happily blasts away at blufor soldiers.

Lightninguk: Right now, atleast the sfp_wamako_units.pbo have dependencies for other pbos in SFP. The island might work standalone with these files:

sfp_wamako.pbo

sfp_wamako_objects.pbo

sfp_wamako_roads.pbo

but as for now the units need their sfp weapons. This could possibly change in the future depending on what our modelmakers stick their head into next.

Brain: Picatinny rail for the AK5? Not sure what you mean, The ak5c have fully working rail for optics and support for silencer and flashlight/laser

I'd prefer the AK5 over the AK5C :) But I guess since there is (i think) no rail system for the AK5 in RL, you wont do one right?

thanks we tested the map

When starting ArmA3 using only the four files you've listed from the Swedish Forces addon, a notification was displayed stating "Warning Message: Addon 'sfp_wamako' requires addon 'Swedish_Forces_Pack'". However, I was able to load and play the game with no additional errors. The map loads and plays just fine in the editor. No errors were received once the game was loaded, nor did I notice any missing buildings, textures or vegetation. So in short, aside from the notification window when launching ArmA3, there seem to be no issues with using only the map pbo's from the Swedish Forces addon.

hope this helps

subroc: I will check again. I only know that when I tried to loot the bodies I culd only gett the weapon with one mag in the weapon.

Turns out it has fixed itself now.

I belive the problem might have ben that I dident restart my game after I added the new uppdate as It already told me it was instaled and ready.

You won't forget about this?

Apparently your signatures don't work on sig check enabled servers.

I can confirm this.

Are these guys BLUFOR or Independent?

If they are not BLUFOR, I won't bother downloading them.

the swedish troops are bluefor, in next release coming soon we also have a few more factions...

Wamako army = bluefor

Wamaka PNW = Indepedent

Wamako Militia = opfor..

More info about these factions are coming soon :)

Are these guys BLUFOR or Independent?

If they are not BLUFOR, I won't bother downloading them.

That comment seems slightly narrowminded.. :O