granQ

Swedish Forces Pack: 0.7.4 (Updated 27th of May)

Hi Guys,

Really nice work and love the newer models, is there going to be any further work done on the terrains? Especially SFP Wamako, would love to see some work on that!

Cheers and congrats on the new release.

Yes, we mostly working on our new island (Rosö) but Wamako will get a release soon also to make sure its working fine with the CUP addons. Will be a bit more army bases/airfields and such.

Yay! The Grippen is finally working great =D The texture improved a lot and the interior has more details, the thrust is still lacking a little "muscle" (had to run almost the whole airport strip to take off) but the jet is manouvering as it should! Double-yay! I hope you can work with Kimi to improve the HMD display and the MFDs 

[Edit] Out of curiosity: what was the problem with the Grippen you´ve just solved? Did some of the community guys I´ve pointed out help you out? Ohhh BTW, the afterburner doesn´t seems to have the "roaring" characteristic sound when turned on...

The new UVA3 is nice and great news Wamako and the other islands will receive some love and attention soon... Can we still dream on an SP/COOP campaign with swedish army against soviet troops on Sturko or more official missions on Wamako? wink wink ;)

Cheers and Happy 2016!

Yes, we mostly working on our new island (Rosö) but Wamako will get a release soon also to make sure its working fine with the CUP addons. Will be a bit more army bases/airfields and such.

Awesome, great to hear. Looking forward to seeing more on that new island.

Yay! The Grippen is finally working great =D The texture improved a lot and the interior has more details, the thrust is still lacking a little "muscle" (had to run almost the whole airport strip to take off) but the jet is manouvering as it should! Double-yay! I hope you can work with Kimi to improve the HMD display and the MFDs 

[Edit] Out of curiosity: what was the problem with the Grippen you´ve just solved? Did some of the community guys I´ve pointed out help you out? Ohhh BTW, the afterburner doesn´t seems to have the "roaring" characteristic sound when turned on...

The new UVA3 is nice and great news Wamako and the other islands will receive some love and attention soon... Can we still dream on an SP/COOP campaign with swedish army against soviet troops on Sturko or more official missions on Wamako? wink wink ;)

Cheers and Happy 2016!

actually Gripen take off on around 800 meters, which is the length of Stratis. The problem is here that arma3 runways are very short, so infact the other planes shouldn't be able to make it :P

The problem was solved by me going home to my parents and having my old laptop with me, couldn't "play" arma3, just tweak settings. Took 2 days to get a good feeling but now it flies :)

Yeah the Afterburner is next, i don't think the acceleration is working either and sound needs to be added.

About MFD/Hud.. we see :)

EDIT. Just an reflection.. Monday morning, going to work after the holidays and so many smilies in above post.,,

• Like 1

just a small update.. 

Alexander has been working on the police forces of SFP, adding the Sig Sauer 226 pistol and updating the H&K Mp5 with rails and new optics.

They look great but no screens on it, trust my words :)

We also found a solution so that the Strf 90 (Combat vehicle, the IFV) now can have a total of 4 riflemen firing out from the vehicle as in real life. The commander can now turn out partially or complete. 

and last I would like to introduce the Saab 340. I see this plane as not something you play with but you use in missions/ai flying and potentially some sort of mobile command in bigger COOPs with scripted solutions for the radar version to see units on maps and similar.

So its divided into passenger Saab 340 and the Saab 340 AEW (radar/command) which I currently added support for Sweden and Thailand. Also the Hellenic airforce used the Saab 340 but no longer so not sure if will add it. 

Also looking for a real or fictional airline that would fit into Altis a bit better than SAS and Skyways which a regional for Sweden. 

saab340.jpg

• Like 5

And another small update...

g%C3%A5rden.jpg

A sneak peak of Rosö island. 

• Like 1

Will you be introducing a working radar for the AWACS version A-340?  Maybe lots of work,but could make the swedish mod get very interesting for Servers.

Some way to hand-off target to the Viggen,by maybe,using what is there for the torpedo,very simple to make I think.

Maybe ,a Tablet that show some,not all,targets/risks and could be used as a target-lock.

Maybe,we could spawn in enemies on the fly with it...?   Adding surprises as the airborne radar sees them...

Any updates on the Viggen?    I feel,the SK-60 is a really easy target for the AA to shoot down,not a single one survived my test.

Nice mod! Will you be introducing a working radar for the AWACS version A-340?  Maybe lots of work,but could make the swedish mod get very interesting for Servers.

Some way to hand-off target to the Viggen,by maybe,using what is there for the torpedo,very simple to make I think.

Maybe ,a Tablet that show some,not all,targets/risks and could be used as a target-lock.

Maybe,we could spawn in enemies on the fly with it...?   Adding surprises as the airborne radar sees them...

Any updates on the Viggen?    I feel,the SK-60 is a really easy target for the AA to shoot down,not a single one survived my test.Just....way to underpowered!  Any flares in parachutes as ammo?

Nice mod! 

You have the Saab 340,just relese it to the public,they will have made it useful for a mission quickly anyway...

About the tank,-90C,AA-tank; It would be so much more useful,if you just held down the mouse button,and it fired full auto.Not one shell at a time....Could we fit a mortar in the tank?

Maybe,use it as a ambulance?With a stretcher ?

Keep èm photos comming!  Wanna`see much more.....

John, your text was hard to read....

New version of SFP!

Added Aimpoint T1.

Added many variants of helmets, with earing protection.

Added a new holster for the pistol.

Added older type of body armour (from 1994)

Added SFP logo in arsenal for our stuff and enabled the PSG 90 (artic warfare)

Added a naval texture for the Jet Ranger.

Strf 90 now have option for commander to peak or stand up during turn out.

Strf 90, four people in cargo can now fire out.

Strf 90, driver have a changed view instead of BIS default texture.

Strf 90, script for the ejected shells, using bis particle script was unreliable and now shells remain on groud for a while.

Strf 90, shadow fix with cannon.

Tp 84 (C130), lights were bugged in lower derailed lods.

Pistol 88, small fix to sight that wasn't animated with rest of the weapon.

One Ak5 had wrong inventory picture.

SOG machine Gunner was In wrong category in editor.

Hkp 16 now have a copilot.

Download

http://sfp.granq.se/files/@sfp_060.zip 1 gb

banner-420x120.png?1439249283

• Like 1

As of 0645 EST there is a bug with the weapons. When ADS you get that weird bug where it completely distorts your view. Unit was SOG "operator" using the AK5c I believe.

Thanks. Love the mod. Quality stuff 

http://imgur.com/DnaH72L

Is there a way to make the CV-90 infantry to turn out and protect the vehicle? Menu,other way?

Is this in Steam WS??

If not, Why?

Not all addon makers agree with the EULA that steam has, which is why several addon makers including myself will not upload content to the Workshop.

• Like 2

Anywere i can read EULA of steam?

Edit:

NVM. Found it and downloaded...

IMHO the uniforms look like long skirts :lol: ..

Tie the lower end up and fold inwards MmmmKeeeeej :rolleyes:

Awesome work Granq!!

I'm a member of Squad Brazil Team and we are developing a Brazilian Armed Forces MOD.

Maybe we could talk about modding and try to exchange experiences! :rolleyes: 

Cheers!

Og

Would much like to see the Giraff-radar truck.

And a Flygvapnet green Volvo Mp+lights+strobelights in front .A green Suburban car too,like a airbase crew car.Tow-truck for the jets.

Airforce FireRescue vehicle.With the red and blue and green and yellow rotating lights,  radar and trip-wire flare system.

RBS-70.But with a much faster lock-on.½-2 sec to lock-on.

BV-206 with a radar + something that resembles "Mando missiles" command post.If possible.

Real radar for planes and helicopters.No magic radar. Strix system. DC-3 . 

My wishlist for now. Great mod.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Swedish Forces Pack v0.6.0

** Armaholic now supports authors with donation button/links. When you have any donation/support links please contact me!

Hey can you please explain what happened to the AN-14 aircraft that was included in a previous version of the mod? I would really like to acquire the files for it so I can use it on an arma life server. Thanks

Hej! Great mod pack! I really really want to know if you guys are going to add the STRV 103? I would love to see it!

Ok, time to reply to some stuff :)

Hej! Great mod pack! I really really want to know if you guys are going to add the STRV 103? I would love to see it!

we have the model, so that part is easy.. making it work in a good way inside the game is the tricky part.

Since the game doesn't support a driver that turns the vehicle, perhaps its possible to track the mouse pointer
I actually did one version in arma2, but it did have some bugs... so you never know but right now we got plenty of stuff in the pipeline :)

Would much like to see the Giraff-radar truck.

And a Flygvapnet green Volvo Mp+lights+strobelights in front .A green Suburban car too,like a airbase crew car.Tow-truck for the jets.

Airforce FireRescue vehicle.With the red and blue and green and yellow rotating lights,  radar and trip-wire flare system.

RBS-70.But with a much faster lock-on.½-2 sec to lock-on.

BV-206 with a radar + something that resembles "Mando missiles" command post.If possible.

Real radar for planes and helicopters.No magic radar. Strix system. DC-3 . 

My wishlist for now. Great mod.

Long wish list, the RBS 70 lock-on time I will consider to lower. Its a balance that in real life you need to keep in its sight.

A long lock on time kinda simulate it but reverse (track for a while then shoot) rather than real life (shoot and track for a while).

Reason why I don't have it "manually guided" is that is almost impossible in arma to hit while in real life its fairly easy to use (been firing the RBS 70 simulator on several occasions).

Real radar for the planes eller helicopters, would be fun but then you need to find another game.

The custom made cars, like an air force rescue vehicle will have too little game time to motivate making.. thats how it is.

However, we are doing a new Tgb 11/Tgb 13 which will include a civillian firefighter version ;)

Awesome work Granq!!

I'm a member of Squad Brazil Team and we are developing a Brazilian Armed Forces MOD.

Maybe we could talk about modding and try to exchange experiences! :rolleyes: 

Cheers!

Og

Yes, Brazil is of course a country we got some special bound to.. suddenly in my city of 150 000 people there are suddenly plenty of brazillian aviation engineers ;)

I think there is at least 2 brazillian mods if I am right for arma3? Would be nice to know the BR community better, which are active and so on.

Not all addon makers agree with the EULA that steam has, which is why several addon makers including myself will not upload content to the Workshop.

and not all addon makers even find the time to even sit down and read the EULA. Play with six and then linked to our custom arma3sync rep is a great combo.

Since neither I or the community I play with use Steam there hasn't really been any motivation to look into this.

Is there a way to make the CV-90 infantry to turn out and protect the vehicle? Menu,other way?

I noticed the current version is a bit buggy but players can turn out, this however hard with AI if that what you mean.

Will consider making a script or module solution that does it automatically.

As of 0645 EST there is a bug with the weapons. When ADS you get that weird bug where it completely distorts your view. Unit was SOG "operator" using the AK5c I believe.

Thanks. Love the mod. Quality stuff 

http://imgur.com/DnaH72L

Thats strange, using other mods? Will look into it.

as you can see above the next version has been released.

Here is the changelog, screenshots on current new things are coming as well sneak peaks on what we working on.

Helmets and vests now have armor values. Update in ArmA3 fix.

Added the Saab 340 Airplane (Civ transport and military Airborne Early Warning, several skins including Hellenic and Thai Air force)

Several new helmets, including US M1 helmet for UN forces.

Added Winter soldiers, two uniform, (winter vehicles and island is in work)

Added 1960's UN faction. (vehicles coming in later patch).

A naval officer added for our ships.

PSG 90 sniper rifle has adjusted weight.

Norrköping ship now got working missiles and torpedos again.

Fighter pilot kept taking a radio instead of parachute but now has been convinced to keep his gear.

Minor model fixes to Tgb 16 Galten and Tgb 13.

Hkp 6 (Police helicopter) lights updated.

• Like 2