norrin

norrin's ArmA2 scripts ported to ArmA3

Huge thanks norrin. I'll be integrating this into my missions ASAP.

Norrin, question. There a way to have a convoy continuously loop through a circular route?

@norrin

ähm, sometimes the whole respawn dont work. several times on dedi you spawn on respawn_west directly if you are shoot, no revive available and respawn not working properly.

now a question to NORRN_player_units : ...\revive_sqf\onConnect.sqf line 12 seems not working. i have disabledAI = 1 in description.ext and if i set the charname of the players in NORRN_player_units (i.e. a1,a2,a3,a4) i get an error about undefined variables, when the named player aren't alive on map. if i use playableUnits we have almost the upper described issues with often no working revive/respawn !!

_AI_disabled = getNumber(missionConfigFile >> "AIdisabled"); //missionConfigFile instead of className

i also try to set getNumber(missionConfigFile >> "AIdisabled") directly to 1, but no effect...

any ideas ??

greetz, P.

I was wondering if there is an easy way to have the convoy script activate off a trigger. Basically I want the convoy to start later in the mission in order for Blufor to set up an ambush. Ideas? thanks in advance.

anyone able to answer my last question on this convoy starting with a trigger?

Put it in a trigger

null=[["pos1","pos2","pos3","pos4","pos5"],[c1,c2,c3,c4,c5],true] execVM "convoyDefend\convoyDefend_init.sqf";

Edited by Blitzer134

Put it in a trigger

null=[["pos1","pos2","pos3","pos4","pos5"],[c1,c2,c3,c4,c5],true] execVM "convoyDefend\convoyDefend_init.sqf";

?

Does this work?? I see your ?

@Norrin

Hello and thank you so much for updating your convoy script to work with Arma 3. I have a question for you though please. I have a mission I am working on that I want to have a convoy move from point A to point B. The convoy is activated by a radio call trigger that runs a script. The first thing the script does is to spawn five vehicles on the map using the BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle function. I then name the vehicles and set their rank. I then execute your convoy script as follows:

nul = [["zTask02wp1","zTask02wp2"],[zTask02veh01,zTask02veh02,zTask02veh03,zTask02veh04,zTask02veh05],true] execVM "convoyDefend\convoyDefend_init.sqf";

This works as expected and the vehicles I spawned start to convoy just fine. The problem is that in my mission, there is an ability to CANCEL the mission using another radio trigger. If the player cancels the mission, I have a script that deletes the vehicles that I spawn using the following format:

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach crew zTask02veh01 + [zTask02veh01];

deleteVehicle zTask02veh01;

(NOTE this code is repeated for each vehicle I spawn so that all vehicles are deleted.)

The problem I'm having is that when I delete the vehicle crew as the first part of removing the spawned vehicle, something in your scripts spawns a soldier for each vehicle I'm deleting. The soldier then remains on the map.

My question is, is there a way to prevent your script from spawning a soldier after I delete the vehicle crew?

Thank you very much for your hard work. I'm also looking forward to the update for your Aerial Taxi script!

Respectfully,

Zlin

anyone able to answer my last question on this convoy starting with a trigger?

anyone?

@jandrews1

Yes it works. I have started the convoy script from a trigger and also from another script.

@jandrews1

Yes it works. I have started the convoy script from a trigger and also from another script.

So do I set it up normal? sync trigger to 1st vehicle in convoy and whatever trigger event?

So do I set it up normal? sync trigger to 1st vehicle in convoy and whatever trigger event?

Well, I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to do. In my mission I have a tasking script that I wrote that creates tasks or mini missions via radio call. So when a player requests a mission and the convoy mission comes up, I execute the convoyDefend script from another script.

If you can give some more info about when and how you want the convoy to start, maybe I can be of more assistance.

Convoy v2 dont work fine on Altis map ...:(

Hmm. I set up a four vehicle convoy and it worked just fine on Altis. What issue are you seeing?

Well, I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to do. In my mission I have a tasking script that I wrote that creates tasks or mini missions via radio call. So when a player requests a mission and the convoy mission comes up, I execute the convoyDefend script from another script.

If you can give some more info about when and how you want the convoy to start, maybe I can be of more assistance.

hey. So I have approx. 7 vehicles set up on the convoy script. I would like them to start once a trigger is hit, however, as it stands, once mission starts so does the convoy.

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

I don't have any problems either, on Altis or Stratis.

hey. So I have approx. 7 vehicles set up on the convoy script. I would like them to start once a trigger is hit, however, as it stands, once mission starts so does the convoy.

Ok so you put your seven vehicles down and do not give them any waypoints right? They shouldn't go anywhere unless they are attacked or see an enemy and go after him.

I just put 7 IFRITS on the map and they don't move at all.

My convoy on altis stop all times for 0.5 sec ...

Ok so you put your seven vehicles down and do not give them any waypoints right? They shouldn't go anywhere unless they are attacked or see an enemy and go after him.

I just put 7 IFRITS on the map and they don't move at all.

Ok, using Norrins convoy script, you need to name each vehicle and then use markers for route you want them to go. when doing this, the convoy starts when mission does. My question is if I can get this script to hold for trigger event. Not setting up a group with waypoints but using Norrins script. In his script you don't need waypoints just markers.

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

My convoy on altis stop all times for 0.5 sec ...

Are you using Norrin's script? If so, make sure, the script is in Init file, you name vehicles and markers and have them correct in Init file. You can make some other adjustments to for speed and behavior. It works fine for me. I just want it to wait for trigger event.

Ok, using Norrins convoy script, you need to name each vehicle and then use markers for route you want them to go. when doing this, the convoy starts when mission does. My question is if I can get this script to hold for trigger event. Not setting up a group with waypoints but using Norrins script. In his script you don't need waypoints just markers.

Yeah. I understand how the script works. I have used it. The units don't move until you run the script though. When u set a unit on the map it doesn't have any waypoints so it will just sit there unless provoked.

When u run the script it then assigns the vehicles waypoints and they start to move.

Yeah. I understand how the script works. I have used it. The units don't move until you run the script though. When u set a unit on the map it doesn't have any waypoints so it will just sit there unless provoked.

When u run the script it then assigns the vehicles waypoints and they start to move.

Ok, so if I have it set correctly, when I have mission start, the convoy starts automatically, so do I set up a trigger to 1st vehicle in convoy to start off triggered event with code in act. of trigger? Am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Ok, so if I have it set correctly, when I have mission start, the convoy starts automatically, so do I set up a trigger to 1st vehicle in convoy to start off triggered event with code in act. of trigger? Am not sure what I am doing wrong.

If you are including the convoyDefend script in the init file then yes, the convoy starts as soon as the mission starts.

You have to take the line that executes the script out of the init.sqf file

Then place a trigger on the map. Set up the conditions for what you want to activate the script. Then put the convoyDefend line in the ON ACT box of the trigger.

What event is going to trigger the convoy to start moving?

Anyone know if it's possible to 'loop' a convoy so it continuously moves back and forth between two points?

If you are including the convoyDefend script in the init file then yes, the convoy starts as soon as the mission starts.

You have to take the line that executes the script out of the init.sqf file

Then place a trigger on the map. Set up the conditions for what you want to activate the script. Then put the convoyDefend line in the ON ACT box of the trigger.

What event is going to trigger the convoy to start moving?

ok, that makes sense. so the trigger will be something basic. Just to give blufor time to set up ambush. thanks for your help. I will try that later and hopefully I can get it going.