majoris

China - PLA Infantry (Alpha)

Any chance of this being updated to the latest version on Play with six?

Can't seem to reach the guy for the voice fix, no luck just yet :(

Patch with other fixes to follow shortly

Hey Mojoris, nice to see you back, hope you´ve settled alright your new home =)

If it is not asking too much, how about making PLA rifles ASDG railsystem compactible or at least compactible with sudden´s or Toadies optics (kobra, PSO-1, 1P29, etc)? Vanillas optics are so bland =)

For that matter, could the A-143 Buzzard be swapped for the CSAT CAS jet, the To-199? Also, like Demonbane said, if the units could be used by Zeus, that would be fantastic.

Have yet to instal the mod, Is it possible to get these guys to fight CSAT?

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Some new screenshots with the marine pattern (a joke basically) and the updated standard pattern :)

Are these units in the current version? I cant seem to find them.

Hi, guys. Can anyone please me, please? I am a newbie and I don't know how to install this mod. Much appreciated.

Also I was just wonder, since the time line of this game is set in the future, does the modder has any plans to make more up to date weapons for this mod? Weapons like QBZ-95-1 and QBZ-2003. Thanks for any answers.

Hi, guys. Can anyone please me, please? I am a newbie and I don't know how to install this mod. Much appreciated.

Also I was just wonder, since the time line of this game is set in the future, does the modder has any plans to make more up to date weapons for this mod? Weapons like QBZ-95-1 and QBZ-2003. Thanks for any answers.

Hi!,

I hope this help you some how:

-

-

Regards.

Have we asked for a replacement pack for CSAT? Look forward to playing with this mod again.

Replacement pack on the way, along with some modern era units. Made the camo patterns from scratch, took forever :j:

Also changed the unit models and gear loadout; I noticed most mods these days are using the AAF stuff and I wanted these units to be distinct as OPFOR.

Reference photos:

Universal: http://img.zjolcdn.com/pic/0/01/80/78/1807864_998748.jpg

Arid: http://cimg2.163.com/cnews/2007/7/26/20070726083040b7437.jpg

FULL SIZE

screenshot_01_small.jpg

FULL SIZE

screenshot_02_small.jpg

FULL SIZE

screenshot_03_small.jpg

Edited by majoris

Looking really good the new camos :yay:

NOTE: I don't know if you keep track of the devs updates, but soon ( probably today ), the Bootcamp free DLC is gonna be released, and with it changes that affect how the weapons sound work. There is a specially test version of that update available in Steam ( the password to unlock it is in the devs blog ).

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 ----------

BTW, I have seen in photos that the PLA mainly uses black light vests ( which are already in the vanilla stuff ):

Pakistan+China+Joint+Military+Exercise+YOUYI-IV+III+II+I+V+Pakistani+Special+Services+Group+%2528SSG%2529+w+n+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Special+Operations+Forces+%2528Zh%25C5%258Dnggu%25C3%25B3+t%25C3%25A8zh%25C7%2592ng+b%25C3%25B9du%25C3%25AC%2529Low+Intensity+Conflict+Operations+ssw+%25284%2529.jpg

Pakistan+China+Joint+Military+Exercise+YOUYI-IV+III+II+I+V+Pakistani+Special+Services+Group+%2528SSG%2529+w+n+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Special+Operations+Forces+%2528Zh%25C5%258Dnggu%25C3%25B3+t%25C3%25A8zh%25C7%2592ng+b%25C3%25B9du%25C3%25AC%2529Low+Intensity+Conflict+Operations+ssw+%252812%2529.JPG

Here some "armed cops":

Spring+Festival+is+approaching,+Zhejiang,+People

An officer variation ( shoulder strip ) would be cool:

26855_S_India_China_Military-Exercise.jpg

Edited by MistyRonin

Is that a crossbow in the first image? cool! love to get one of those ingame.

I'm currently working on a mini campaign set on the Senkaku/Diaoyu islands so a modern era PLA force will be amazing. I have a small request, Ive become pretty familiar working with the mod and as it is at the moment and i noticed there are no radio or comm's pack. Even if you added a small antenna to one of the current PLA packs it would be nice. Again, I am really looking forward to using these! I just hope yourself and the guys working on the JSDF mod can get a fix out for the sound soon. :)

Edited by TokyoIndia

Along with weapon sounds, the radio protocol needs fixing. All non-player chatter on Opfor becomes english.

Is that a crossbow in the first image? cool! love to get one of those ingame.

Some Chinese policemen have crossbows so they can shoot suspected suicide bombers without detonating them, or so I've heard.

With the new ArmA update it seems to have broken the PLA weapon sounds. Any hotfixes planned?

With the new ArmA update it seems to have broken the PLA weapon sounds. Any hotfixes planned?

Id like really to use these for a campaign ive planned out, wondering the same thing. :-)

There's only five new weapons; if majoris doesn't have time, it should be easy to write a quick config patch.

New pics look great! Can't wait for the sound fix aswell. Thanks for your work. :)

This looks fantastic. I will be downloading this. Looking forward to a hotfix for the broken sounds before I install.

Thanks for your effort!

I've been using this mod for a while, and I'm looking forward to the update as well.

Anyways, if you want to do something joint with me (seeing as China and Iran are allies in the same CSAT), maybe we can team up to make some stuff. Let me know if you're interested.

Anyways, if you want to do something joint with me (seeing as China and Iran are allies in the same CSAT), maybe we can team up to make some stuff. Let me know if you're interested.

If that part was directed at me, you are speaking to a hyper-novice. My mission building/scripting skills are laughable at the best of times :P

If that part was directed at me, you are speaking to a hyper-novice. My mission building/scripting skills are laughable at the best of times :P

It was meant for Majoris, but if you want to do some scripting I don't know how to at all. Besides, that's how you learn!

majoris - this looks pretty sweet, looks like a lot of work that went into this so thanks - and less than 200Mb! (I have data cap)

Looking forward to trying it out.

@TheEvanCat - That was a very altruistic comment to leave. :)