Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Arma II and Operation Arrowhead Islands successfully imported

A part of me wishes I had never attempted this (the part that controls my thoughts and actions) because it is really really annoying to fix all the random crap that is wrong with it right now. Something is terribly wrong with Utes, and in general there is something messed up with the layer textures on the A2 islands. It's like the close up ground texture has a super sharp drop off line. I have never made an island so most of the config work and .rvmats are new to me. It might come to pass that I release a sort of finished version, because in all fairness it seems to allow almost perfect loading of user-made A2 islands without any modification to them. Example :

isladelfuego1.jpg

isladelfuego2.jpg

isladelfuego3.jpg

Looks lovely! I'm very happy you will not drop this project even though it seems like you will not get it 100%.

I've recently posted in the AiA thread about the sandy color of snow on Thirsk Snow map. Have you tried this map Sakura Chan? Any chance you've managed to fix the problem?

Thanks for the hard work, insofar. You might consider consulting with some of the island gurus out there *cough* Bushlurker, Raunhofer, etc *cough* to see if they can't lend you a hand regarding them clutter drop offs.

I am looking forward to the release, dont give up or feel like it's time wasted! People like you are what makes this game and community so great!

A valiant project, A2 islands do look stunning in A3, even A1 islands. I don’t think for one minute players are expecting this to be totally 100%. Why not release an unfinished version for the players to start experimenting with themselves, and help in identifying problems.

May take the weight off a little, a project with this much scope, could bog you down, I would imagine.

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to this, but as said, don’t let it get to you too much, if your getting a little fed up with it, let others help.

:)

A valiant project, A2 islands do look stunning in A3, even A1 islands. I don’t think for one minute players are expecting this to be totally 100%. Why not release an unfinished version for the players to start experimenting with themselves, and help in identifying problems.

May take the weight off a little, a project with this much scope, could bog you down, I would imagine.

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to this, but as said, don’t let it get to you too much, if your getting a little fed up with it, let others help.

:)

agreed :)

Lingor looks very good on A3. I wishes we could use it on A3. :(

Lingor looks very good on A3. I wishes we could use it on A3. :(

Exactly my thoughts when I loaded it up trough AiA yesterday. too bad it crashes quite often when in the editor.

Exactly my thoughts when I loaded it up trough AiA yesterday. too bad it crashes quite often when in the editor.

Yea considering that it does not assist the Rpt. errors

I would like to see the arma 2 addon "FIJI" map in arma 3, it has underwater features like wrecks too (I know this should be in the addons thread, so forgive my post)

where i can find the map? how works?

This mod is not release yet.

What about the content release that happend some dayq ago.

Does it helps?

It's said islands datas are released and can be use with arma games.