btw i was thinking of an idea, and dont have any clue of what it means or dont or what it implies. But would it be easyer to just write some sort of addon script to the current task tracker that way you wont have to mess whit the original, and all it has to do is as an minimum get the current task when jip. if theres allready an code for that some sort of thing then im sorry for my noobness and would really like to have it :) because then my dreams would be forfilled.

Not really, it's all an integral part of the whole thing.

ps. can i have it?..... your picture :) .........hehe

Uhm... no!

Iam loving this piece of script, is its very well scripted, although iam kind of disappointed by it.

Why would you save units that match the filter at startup making your script JIP incompatible ? >:O

Why don't you save the filter it self instead ? (i think its possible somehow)

Edit:

Finally figured it out, changed only few lines to make it properly respawn and JIP compatible.

Filters are now saved instead of filtered units.

One drawback is, filters are now not complementing each other, so in the example mission you would have to change west filter to { playerside == west && ! (player in units PlayerGroup) }

https://raw.github.com/aeroson/a3-misc/master/fhqtt.sqf

Edited by aeroson

Iam loving this piece of script, is its very well scripted, although iam kind of disappointed by it.

Why would you save units that match the filter at startup making your script JIP incompatible ? >:O

The script IS JIP compatible. It doesn't work with Respawn, because unused units on mission startup don't even exist anymore (they are dead).

As Varanon said, we don't usually do or play respawn missions, so it never was an issue. But the script works perfectly fine with JIP.

As Varanon said it does only work when AIs are enabled, so its only 50% JIP compatible.

It depends on the mission, would be much better to support both disabledAI options.

Also players can join game which is in progress, no matter what disabledAI is.

So JIP compatible doesn't mean works only on missions that has disabledAI=0;

Other than that D: excellent and useful piece of code. Thank you! :P

Edited by aeroson

Tbf Alwarren, you and your friend Varanon have a bit of a different definition of Join In Progress than others on here. For example Shukos Taskmaster is a true JIP compatible script, it doesn't matter whether AI is enabled or not, if you join a game part way through or reconnect or respawn, all the tasks still show as their true state for everybody etc. This is I'm guessing what most people regard as being JIP compatible. Anyways I look forward to the update if he is doing it, as said before I would really like to use this system for my missions, it's great.

Edited by clydefrog

Removed out of respect for the author.

Edited by zuff

Gentlemen, I can't believe this. Seriously, I cannot.

I do not see any reason to defend my stance against Respawn. If you like this kind of mission, no worries. Personally, I don't, but to each his own.

There are two things, however, that I dislike.

One of them is advertising your own work on someone else's thread. I've seen this before happening to a friend of mine, and I find it extremely poor behavior.

What I also find extremely poor behavior is calling someone else's opinion silly. You are entitled to your own, I am entitled to mine. Calling my opinion silly is insulting. What's even more bothersome though is the fact that here's someone that made his work available, for free, to anybody who wants to use it. Now, if this doesn't fullfill your requirements, fine, but don't go insulting people for that and at least have the decency to show some respect. But then, you already didn't show the respect to not advertise other work on this thread.

To reiterate, if you want to use this script, you are welcome to do so. If you don't, that's fine. But if you don't, you do not have a business here. I have seen other modders here complain about how they got treated by the select members of this community, and I can see why some people lost any interest. This is a prime example.

I think you're taking everything too seriously. I'm not insulting you in anyway I just don't agree with your stance on respawn.

You advertise your script as being JIP which it truly isn't, so I provided an alternative solution to those people looking for a JIP capable script. Those people can then stop coming in your thread bringing up the same question over and over.

You said you were going to add it in but you haven't, and I can only assume its the last thing on your todo list considering your stance especially how you've recently reacted.

As for advertising others work, I see no problem with it, it's not like you're losing money over it. His script provides what others in this thread need while yours does not. I was just trying to help those people. Once you update your script (if you ever do) ill gladly edit my post, as your script was built with Arma 3 in mind compared to SHK's.

But the whole rant you went was not necessary and a bit of overreaction. The whole "prime example" thing is a bit over the top as the real reason most of the older modders left was because of the Steam requirement, which is beyond stupid and not worth going into at this time.

I think you're taking everything too seriously. I'm not insulting you in anyway I just don't agree with your stance on respawn.

Frankly, I don't care, and it doesn't have a place in this thread. If you want to discuss that, there are other forums for that. The whole point of "I don't like respawn" was an explanation why the script doesn't support it, not an invitation to discuss it.

As for advertising others work, I see no problem with it, it's not like you're losing money over it. His script provides what others in this thread need while yours does not.

You won't see me post "get my M4's instead" in other people's addon threads. Why? Because it is impolite.

The whole "prime example" thing is a bit over the top as the real reason most of the older modders left was because of the Steam requirement, which is beyond stupid and not worth going into at this time.

It is not. What I am talking about happened before Arma 3, before the Steam announcement. I am not going to mention names, no need to draw anyone into it, but it was for the exact same reasons.

Again, if you don't like the script, or it doesn't do what you want it to do, fine. Don't question the reasons, just accept them, because no author has to explain himself to you or anyone else if he releases his work for free.

You advertise your script as being JIP which it truly isn't

Sigh, away for a weekend, and then this.

Define JIP as whatever you want, I don't actually care. I know that the script works when you join into an AI. If you join into a game and an AI has to respawn, it doesn't work.

Frankly, I don't care if you call that JIP or not. The script works as I advertised it. The script is provided by me, free of charge, for you to download and use. If it doesn't do what you want it to do, then it might not be of use to you.

I've spent some time on this script, and I used it in my missions for Arma 2, Arma 3 and Iron Front, and I released it in the hope that it might be useful for some people. Use it, or don't.

End of discussion. I would kindly ask people not to hijack this thread for discussions about what is JIP or not, and whether resapwn is good or not.

Zuff: I don't mind you updating another script, but please have the decency not to advertise it in a thread about my script.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

At the time of writing, the script was purely for our own missions, and respawn just wasn't on the table. The pre-filtered list is an optimization for this (no respawn) scenario since the player list does not need to be filtered any more after the initial filtering has been applied.

I

Edit:

Finally figured it out, changed only few lines to make it properly JIP compatible.

Filters are now saved instead of filtered units.

One drawback is, filters are now not complementing each other, so in the example mission you would have to change west filter to { playerside == west && ! (player in units PlayerGroup) }

http://pastebin.com/3YDs0e85

I would appreciate if you could ask before re-distributing a modified version of the script. I know you sent me a PM, but I just returned home from spending the weekend with my girlfriend and did not yet answer my PM's. If you don't get an answer, please wait a day or two.

Regarding the filtering: Yes, it can still be made to work with the filters like they have been defined. The new version will retain this feature.

I haven't used or seen your script at work, but I saw that you said that AI that respawn don't use your system.

You can do while{true} loop with a forEach loop nested in it that acts on allUnits and use "setVariable" on them to declare that they have your system in use. Use "getVariable" to check if the unit doesn't have your system, and then give them it and setVariable that they have it.

If this isn't what you are describing, then sorry :(

Problem with tasks posting. I copied this directly as it was written and I changed the variables to fit my mission. I tried to preview the mission and I had no dice. Can someone assist me so I can correct the error of my ways? Thanks in advance.

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "fhqtt.sqf";

[
/* These entries are only visible for the units in PlayerGroup */
Chaos1, Chaos1_1, Chaos1_2, Chaos1_3, 
	["Situation",
		"Enemy <br/>The island of Utes is controlled by the local guerrilla group called "Utes Guerrilla Resistance" (UGR). Reporting indicates UGR conducts surveillance operations on BLUFOR training in the area. Reporting also states UGR patrol villages providing law and order to citizens who assist their cause and terrorize those who oppose it. Reporting indicates the UGR has the ability to plan and conduct IED attacks, utilizing PPIEDs and RCIEDs, on BLUFOR. Citizens who strike these IEDs are compensated for their damages in exchange for their silence and cooperation. Reports indicate UGR stores weapons crates in populated areas for use if BLUFOR are encountered in the villages. According to recent reporting, UGR has conducted raids on lightly guarded joint BLUFOR outposts and seized armored & light vehicles, and IDF support and are trained in their use, as well as in tactics. UGR is capable of conducting ambushes on BLUFOR from received contact reports via spotters and patrols."
		+ "Most Probable Course of Action (MPCOA) - If attacked, is to Reinforce. UGR's strength lies in their ability to mobilize reinforcements within five (5) minutes of reported contact."
		+ "Critical Vulnerability (CV) - UGR has no aerial support. Reinforcements must travel by road to reach the engagement area and are susceptible to interdiction and delay or destruction by BLUFOR assets."
		+ "Friendly"
		+ "Higher - Alpha Company is has completed CAX and are making preparations to execute the CAXFX."
		+ "Adjacent - 2nd Sqd & Wpns are acting as QRF aboard Camp Warfighter."
		+ "Support - 1st SRIG, callsign "Oracle," conducting R&S operations to locate UGR patrol bases, areas of influence and firm bases."],			
	["Mission",
		"On 27Apr20131900GMT, 1st Plt 1st Sqd will conduct a clearing operation of the island of Utes IOT seize control from the UGR, by locating and eliminating it's leadership, and assist in the re-establishment of the Utes government which will end the CAXFX."] call FHQ_TT_addBriefing;

[
  		["taskC11Obj1", "Chaos 1-1 is to clear the village of Strelka of all enemy combatants.  Be advised that intelligence reporting indicates UGR will reinforce its combatants if requested.  Locate and destroy any weapon caches in the village.  If any information of potential intelligence value is discovered, collect it for analysis and processing.  Locate any patrol bases IVO the village from which UGR operations may be planned.", "Clear Strelka Village", "", getmarkerpos "c11obj1", "assigned"],
           ["taskC11Obj2", "Chaos 1-1 is to clear the village of Kamenyy of all enemy combatants.  Locate and destroy any weapon caches in the village.  If any information of potential intelligence value is discovered, collect it for analysis and processing.  Locate any patrol bases IVO the village from which UGR operations may be planned.", "Clear Kamenyy Village", "", getMarkerPos "c11obj2"],
           ["taskRTB", "Chaos1_1 is to RTB for resupply after objectives 1&2 are completed and standby for follow-on tasking.", "RTB", "", getmarkerpos "c11obj3"] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

All the group names are set (using the "groupname = group this" command) and markers are labeled correctly, but neither my tasks nor my notes have been appearing.

@_Ronin_

Maybe a silly question. You are playing Arma 2 or Arma 3. In your briefing you writing from utes ..... This script is for Arma 3 and not for Arma 2 !!!

@_Ronin_

Maybe a silly question. You are playing Arma 2 or Arma 3. In your briefing you writing from utes ..... This script is for Arma 3 and not for Arma 2 !!!

It's for both.

A Ok ;) didn't know that !

It works with both Arma 2 and Arma 3.

This filter doesn't work. It must either be a piece of code, a group, a single object (a single player), a side, or a faction.

If Chaos1, Chaos1_1, Chaos1_2 and Chaos1_3 are in one group, use the actual group. If they aren't, then you'd have to pack it up in a piece of code, like

{_this in [Chaos1Chaos1, Chaos1_1, Chaos1_2, Chaos1_3]}

Hi Varanon, firstly thanks for making this script it's an awesome piece of work and makes tasks/briefings so much easier.

One thing I've come across just now that I'm not sure if it's my error or the game's but when I have this in the activation of a trigger:

[PlayerGroup2,["task", "task text", "task title", "", ""]] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

It triggers in that the task is added to my tasklist, with the correct info as I have put - But the notification that pops up is completely blank. No "task created" or "task assigned" along with the task title etc. Just empty boxes show up like a normal notification.

But if in the trigger I add the following after the code above...

["task", "assigned"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;

It will show a notification with the correct details for the task as expected, but then following that it does the blank notification thing again. Any ideas?

This filter doesn't work. It must either be a piece of code, a group, a single object (a single player), a side, or a faction.

If Chaos1, Chaos1_1, Chaos1_2 and Chaos1_3 are in one group, use the actual group. If they aren't, then you'd have to pack it up in a piece of code, like

{_this in [Chaos1Chaos1, Chaos1_1, Chaos1_2, Chaos1_3]}

Adding {_this in} did not work. I guess I will have to just make the init longer.

So, I have taken the time to make the briefing longer, however I am still unable to make it work when I preview the mission. My code is listed below.

[
Chaos1,
	["Situation",
		"Enemy <br/>The island of Utes is controlled by the local guerrilla group called "Utes Guerrilla Resistance" (UGR). Reporting indicates UGR conducts surveillance operations on BLUFOR training in the area. Reporting also states UGR patrol villages providing law and order to citizens who assist their cause and terrorize those who oppose it. Reporting indicates the UGR has the ability to plan and conduct IED attacks, utilizing PPIEDs and RCIEDs, on BLUFOR. Citizens who strike these IEDs are compensated for their damages in exchange for their silence and cooperation. Reports indicate UGR stores weapons crates in populated areas for use if BLUFOR are encountered in the villages. According to recent reporting, UGR has conducted raids on lightly guarded joint BLUFOR outposts and seized armored & light vehicles, and IDF support and are trained in their use, as well as in tactics. UGR is capable of conducting ambushes on BLUFOR from received contact reports via spotters and patrols."
		+ "Most Probable Course of Action (MPCOA) - If attacked, is to Reinforce. UGR's strength lies in their ability to mobilize reinforcements within five (5) minutes of reported contact."
		+ "Critical Vulnerability (CV) - UGR has no aerial support. Reinforcements must travel by road to reach the engagement area and are susceptible to interdiction and delay or destruction by BLUFOR assets."
		+ "Friendly"
		+ "Higher - Alpha Company is has completed CAX and are making preparations to execute the CAXFX."
		+ "Support - 1st SRIG, callsign "Oracle," conducting R&S operations to locate UGR patrol bases, areas of influence and firm bases."],			
	["Mission",
		"On 27Apr20131900GMT, 1st Plt 1st Sqd will conduct a clearing operation of the island of Utes IOT seize control from the UGR, by locating and eliminating it's leadership, and assist in the re-establishment of the Utes government which will end the CAXFX."],
Chaos1_1,
	 ["Situation",
		+ "Friendly"
	["Mission",
		"On 27Apr20131900GMT, 1st Plt 1st Sqd will conduct a clearing operation of the island of Utes IOT seize control from the UGR, by locating and eliminating it's leadership, and assist in the re-establishment of the Utes government which will end the CAXFX."],
Chaos1_2,
	 ["Situation",
		+ "Friendly"
	["Mission",
Chaos1_3,
	 ["Situation",
		+ "Friendly"
	["Mission",
		"On 27Apr20131900GMT, 1st Plt 1st Sqd will conduct a clearing operation of the island of Utes IOT seize control from the UGR, by locating and eliminating it's leadership, and assist in the re-establishment of the Utes government which will end the CAXFX."]
] call FHQ_TT_addBriefing;

[
Chaos1,
  		["taskC11Obj1", "Chaos 1-1 is to clear the village of Strelka of all enemy combatants.  Be advised that intelligence reporting indicates UGR will reinforce its combatants if requested.  Locate and destroy any weapon caches in the village.  If any information of potential intelligence value is discovered, collect it for analysis and processing.  Locate any patrol bases IVO the village from which UGR operations may be planned.", "Clear Strelka Village", "", getmarkerpos "c11obj1", "assigned"],
           ["taskC11Obj2", "Chaos 1-1 is to clear the village of Kamenyy of all enemy combatants.  Locate and destroy any weapon caches in the village.  If any information of potential intelligence value is discovered, collect it for analysis and processing.  Locate any patrol bases IVO the village from which UGR operations may be planned.", "Clear Kamenyy Village", "", getMarkerPos "c11obj2"],
           ["taskRTB", "Chaos1_1 is to RTB for resupply after objectives 1&2 are completed and standby for follow-on tasking.", "RTB", "", getmarkerpos "c11obj3"]
Chaos1_1,
           ["taskRTB", "Chaos1_1 is to RTB for resupply after objectives 1&2 are completed and standby for follow-on tasking.", "RTB", "", getmarkerpos "c11obj3"]
Chaos1_2,
Chaos1_3,
           ["taskC11Obj2", "Chaos 1-1 is to clear the village of Kamenyy of all enemy combatants.  Locate and destroy any weapon caches in the village.  If any information of potential intelligence value is discovered, collect it for analysis and processing.  Locate any patrol bases IVO the village from which UGR operations may be planned.", "Clear Kamenyy Village", "", getMarkerPos "c11obj2"]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

Any help with why it will not show up?

Edited by _Ronin_

[PlayerGroup2,["task", "task text", "task title", "", ""]] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

The problem is the last pair of quotes. It should either not be there at all, or a position/object for the task, or the initial state (if it is a string). Since it is a string, it will take it as initial state. Try this:

[PlayerGroup2,["task", "task text", "task title", "", "assigned"]] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Hard to say without seeing the rest of the mission. It should work (with both the code piece and the repeating of the tasks/breifing, although that is a bit too much to write and the simpler version should work).

Without further information about how your mission setup looks, I can only suggest to relax the filter, i.e use west instead of the players, just to see if it pops up then...

The problem is the last pair of quotes. It should either not be there at all, or a position/object for the task, or the initial state (if it is a string). Since it is a string, it will take it as initial state. Try this:

[PlayerGroup2,["task", "task text", "task title", "", "assigned"]] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Hard to say without seeing the rest of the mission. It should work (with both the code piece and the repeating of the tasks/breifing, although that is a bit too much to write and the simpler version should work).

Without further information about how your mission setup looks, I can only suggest to relax the filter, i.e use west instead of the players, just to see if it pops up then...

Alright man. I will see. Thanks.

So I tried it with only west and it did not show up. Let me know what I need to send you so you can take a look at it and I will. Thanks again.

Edited by _Ronin_

Thanks for the quick reply. I just tested it and it works, very very cool!

Adding {_this in} did not work. I guess I will have to just make the init longer.

So, I have taken the time to make the briefing longer, however I am still unable to make it work when I preview the mission. My code is listed below.

[
Chaos1,
	["Situation",
		+ "Friendly"
	["Mission",
		"On 27Apr20131900GMT, 1st Plt 1st Sqd will conduct a clearing operation of the island of Utes IOT seize control from the UGR, by locating and eliminating it's leadership, and assist in the re-establishment of the Utes government which will end the CAXFX."][color="#FF0000"],[/color]
Chaos1_1,
	 ["Situation",
		+ "Friendly"
	["Mission",
		"On 27Apr20131900GMT, 1st Plt 1st Sqd will conduct a clearing operation of the island of Utes IOT seize control from the UGR, by locating and eliminating it's leadership, and assist in the re-establishment of the Utes government which will end the CAXFX."][color="#FF0000"],[/color]
Chaos1_2,
	 ["Situation",
		+ "Friendly"
	["Mission",
Chaos1_3,
	 ["Situation",
		+ "Friendly"
	["Mission",
		"On 27Apr20131900GMT, 1st Plt 1st Sqd will conduct a clearing operation of the island of Utes IOT seize control from the UGR, by locating and eliminating it's leadership, and assist in the re-establishment of the Utes government which will end the CAXFX."]

[
Chaos1,
Chaos1_1,
Chaos1_2,
Chaos1_3,
           ["taskC11Obj2", "Chaos 1-1 is to clear the village of Kamenyy of all enemy combatants.  Locate and destroy any weapon caches in the village.  If any information of potential intelligence value is discovered, collect it for analysis and processing.  Locate any patrol bases IVO the village from which UGR operations may be planned.", "Clear Kamenyy Village", "", getMarkerPos "c11obj2"]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

Try removing the commas I have marked in red.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I'm trying to create a new task when an old one is completed. It works but the pop-up notification box comes up empty even though the proper task screen has all the info I entered. Any ideas?

Here's what I've got in my trigger:

if (["task1"] call FHQ_TT_isTaskCompleted) then {[PlayerGroup, ["task2", "Destroy the three communication towers at grid <marker name = obj2>052050</marker> using explosives.", "Destroy the Communication Towers", "", ""]] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;};

Alright. I have simplified it for the sake of help. Neither the Briefing, nor the Tasks, are showing up when I preview the mission. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

[
West,
	["Situation",
		+ "Friendly"
	["Mission",

[
West,
  		["taskC11Obj1", "Chaos 1-1 is to clear the village of Strelka of all enemy combatants.  Be advised that intelligence reporting indicates UGR will reinforce its combatants if requested.  Locate and destroy any weapon caches in the village.  If any information of potential intelligence value is discovered, collect it for analysis and processing.  Locate any patrol bases IVO the village from which UGR operations may be planned.","Clear Strelka Village","", getmarkerpos "c11obj1","assigned"],
           ["taskC11Obj2", "Chaos 1-1 is to clear the village of Kamenyy of all enemy combatants.  Locate and destroy any weapon caches in the village.  If any information of potential intelligence value is discovered, collect it for analysis and processing.  Locate any patrol bases IVO the village from which UGR operations may be planned.","Clear Kamenyy Village","", getMarkerPos "c11obj2"],
           ["taskRTB", "Chaos1_1 is to RTB for resupply after objectives 1&2 are completed and standby for follow-on tasking." ,"RTB", "", getmarkerpos "c11obj3"]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

Alright. After tinkering around with it, I noticed it had to do with the naming of the group. I used playergroup on the default example given and it appeared.

[
Playergroup, 
	["Mission",
		"You are to demonstrate your abilities with the NLAW"],			
	["Situation",
		"After you've completed your training, the CO wants to see how you perform with heavy weaponry."],
	["Execution",
		"Using the Next-Generation Light Anti-tank Weapon (NLAW), destroy the two captured Ifrits "
         + "<marker name='markTarget1'>here</marker> and <marker name='markTarget2'>here</marker>."
         + "The observer will validate your performance. Return to <marker name='markExfil'>the firing range building</marker> "
         + "afterwards for validation and debriefing."],

/* These entries are visible to all west players in the mission that are NOT part of PlayerGroup */
west,
   	["Assignment", 
       	"Observe the soldier and ascertain his ability to handle the anti tank weapon."],         
       ["Situation", 
       	"Since the provisional government is bascially putting the whole island in the hands of the NATO troops, "
         + "they are demanding that the soldiers show that they can handle their weapons effectively and without any incident. "
         + "After the live fire exercise, return to the <marker name='markExfil'>office</marker> "
         + "to discuss the results"]         

[
PlayerGroup,
  		["taskDestroy", "Destroy the two Ifrits", "Destroy Ifrits", ""],
       [["taskTarget1", "taskDestroy"], "Destroy the <marker name='markTarget1'>first Ifrit</marker>", "Destroy target #1", "", getMarkerPos "markTarget1", "assigned"],
       [["taskTarget2", "taskDestroy"], "Destroy the <marker name='markTarget2'>second Ifrit</marker>", "Destroy target #2", "", getMarkerPos "markTarget2"],
       ["taskExfil", "Get back into the building", "Get out", "", getMarkerPos "markExfil"],
   west,
   	["taskObserve", "Make sure the soldier knows how to handle an NLAW", "Observe", "", "assigned"],
       ["taskExfilInst", "Get back into the office", "Get out", "", getMarkerPos "markExfil"]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

When I changed the titles from the default, it did work. When I added a different situation than listed in default, it did not work. It makes me think there is a limit of words that can be entered. Any ideas? Also, I thought I named my groups correctly using the [groupname = group this] command in the init file of every member of each group, however, it proved to be wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by _Ronin_