Sign in to follow this  
Caiden

[Multiplayer] ArmA 3 Stratis Life [W.I.P / Release this weekend]

We're gonna test our mission in a few hours. If anyone still wants to join, join our TeamSpeak with the following IP and wait in the Stratis Life waiting room: R-gaming.com

What's the TS?

Just put this in server address:

R-gaming.com

Starting in about 30 minutes, everybody that wants to check it, join our TS!

When the server will be up?

I have played yesterday for an hour or so. Cant wait to play again.

When the server will be up?

I have played yesterday for an hour or so. Cant wait to play again.

We have our dedicated on now 24/4 hosting this mission. Due to hackers we need people to join our teamspeak: R-gaming.com and get the password.

We're currently on version 0.3. If you are a server admin and want to host our mission you can download this mission at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33my4hzvviwgi32/ArmA3_Life.Stratis.pbo

I will keep updating the mission on a regular basis so make sure to watch this thread for progress and future progress!

Also if you find any bugs or glitches you can either PM me on our teamspeak or just leave a message here. Suggestions can be posted here aswell.

Thank you and have fun!

Caiden & Zannaza.

Edited by Caiden

Awesome, I love that you are releasing everything as life servers always seem to be competitive against each other and at times attack each. It is refreshing to see this! Great work.

Edited by sold67

I might be interested in helping in development, my steam is sl8_slick :).

I'll be checking on the teamspeak later.

I have a life server, I'm interesting in help, and know how to write scripts, my Skype is qwert0137

Edited by mr_shadow

Finally! :)

I just tested it as a cop, seems like a good start. Stratis is a good size, at least not too small.

I have played Life on Chernarus and Takistan, and the driving gets old after a while (100h).

!!! Using my scripts! :P

Look in farming folder :O

:/ Maybe not using but they are in the Mission :P

!!! Using my scripts! :P

Look in farming folder :O

:/ Maybe not using but they are in the Mission :P

A whole lot of it is yours, that is, if what you told me is true, that your mission is 100% new and originally created by you.

If you can prove that, you could have moderator action taken against OP.

If you can prove that, you could have moderator action taken against OP.

Uhm, isn't Arma mission development more about the free flow of information and sharing all ideas than calling forum police?

Uhm, isn't Arma mission development more about the free flow of information and sharing all ideas than calling forum police?

Ure right, actually all rights reserved to the BIS

Tried it a bit last night. The servers seemed unstable, yet the game has some great potential. Looking forward to the progress!

Also the Stratis map seems to lend it's self nicely to this game style.

Edited by Big_T

With permission, yes.

Here's a little preview of the next version which will include bug fixes, performance fixes and menus!

http://postimg.org/image/y32dugyat/full/ (Large file)

Probably released today as version 0.3.1 or tomorrow. Thank you for supporting me and our team. A new developer Ylguf has joined our team aswell and is making the dialogs for the mission as we speak. We have support from the developers of the Daylight RP framework aswell who'll be helping us out aswell.

You are freely allowed to edit my mission as long as you show our name in your credits as the original mission makers (Either in the map, intro, or somewhere else) which are Caiden, Zannaza, Ylguf. Thank you and hope you will enjoy playing our mission!

Edited by Caiden

Are you gonna run a server for this?

Yes. We have a 24/7 dedicated running this mission. Search for "Stratis Life Official" in the filter. There's other server hosters hosting this mission aswell.

I'm loving the mod guys. I've been messing about with editing it, and learning how stuff works. Just started editing missions with the launch of A3. Have a server running it when the game is stable and not crashing. If my head admin will allow, I will be running this mission more often, will be running my edited versions which I will dub Version Alan or something. Don't worry, I do leave your credits in. I just edit the mission to our communities liking. I can't wait for this next version with the menus, I was looking last night how to add them, because I wasn't sure if you were planning to add any anytime soon.

Here's the problem with that idea; those who feel the need to "steal" someone else's work will agree 100% with that idea, while the person(s) who wrote out the scripts and made the mission will feel cheated out of their hard work. The least you can do is credit the original developer(s). Modifying existing work and making it better is great and all, but it's best to notify the developer(s) of the work, especially when releasing it entirely as your own work.

This idea makes and breaks the mission/mod community because those who write out the code helps those who are too lazy, or don't know how to write the code, but in return those who have no intentions of giving credit where credit is due, ends up leaving the original coder feeling used and discourages them from writing any more code or releasing anything publicly, therefore hurting the community due to the lack of missions or scripts being released.

Another note: Although all the work ends up being owned by BIS, the original coder is the one who spent their time to write the code, and they want people to respect their wishes. Those who release their content for public use do so for a reason - they want people to be able to access the content; host it, play it, study it, etc...

The theft of intellectual property shouldn't change just because it is a game. For example, I released my Hostage Rescue mission for everyone to play, host, study, and modify for their own use as long as they keep my name in the credits, but on the other hand, I have my own Life mission which I've been developing for over 2 years (since ArmA2) and I'm porting it to ArmA3 (it's actually ready to play). The last thing I want is for someone to take my hard work and claim it as their own, therefore I won't be putting it up on my server until I finish protecting the mission to avoid others from stealing it. This was a major issue with my mission in ArmA2, I always found servers running my mission, and when I joined their server I was banned; I received no word from the hosters and have been unable to do anything to stop them (they eventually stole my playerbase somehow...), eventually a friend of mine sent me their version of my mission and the only difference was that my name was removed and replaced with their host's name...

TL;DR, this idea makes and breaks the community.

Just giving out a point of view on this issue.

P.S. If these accusations are true, you should respect Armynator's wishes. I can also back up that he did indeed make a Life mission because I was playing on it when it first launched.

Edited by zooloo75

Here's the problem *snip*

I agree with you. This is why I've protected my mission with a Creative Commons license, with permission from BIS. You cannot remove attribution, or modify the mission without permission. This license has actual legal weight, so thus it should deter people from being 'smart'.

If everybody spent half the time they spend arguing about who's scripts are who's making missions, we would all be a lot farther along in the development process. I don't have an opinion on which side is right, public info, or private scripts, but I do know that i spent 4 hours yesterday with the developers of this mission helping them code a tazer script, they put so much effort into making a decent mission that everyone enjoys and it upsets me when people argue about "you stole my script". Some people are so greedy with their "scripts" that I think if they were private no body would share anything. There NO MONEY to be had. The only reason your all arguing is because you wante to be the "first" to have a life mission, but in the public community's eye, it doesn't matter who made it at all, as long as its made, and its made right. And this mission IS made right an has great plans comin in the near future.

Thanks!:) Allen