Sign in to follow this  
ZeroG

Using inbuilt 3D-Editor for map making

Hey.

So, the 3D editor runs fine so far with your tutorial, but i simply seem to miss some texts on the buttons for save, load and the third one.

Also all the errors have no error in them, just an empty box.

Does anyone know what might cause this? Because i can't figure out how to save a map that i worked on in the 3D editor at all, but i definitly need it for my project.

Would be nice if someone is able to help me out here.

Do you own Arma 2 - and with it the A2 ui.pbo/uifonts.pbo? If you do, put only those into the addon directory...I'm doing it that way and have no problems savon or loading.

I also encounter the empty error messages, but only when I put in ALL A2 addons....

ZeroG,

I noticed that you dont seem to have any of the Arma3 object models for the 3DEditor (only A2 ones) so i compiled a list of every single model in arma 3 alpha so i could update it myself BUT i like sharing so here:

http://puu.sh/2lTfn

NOTE: i have my Arma3 P Drive correctly configured so all you have to do is take off the "P:\" from the front of the path.

EDIT: here is the main amount of objects that need to be added (i removed all the un-necessary ones) : http://puu.sh/2lVw1

have you updated something so its placeable and works? very interested in this and haven't seen any updates?

Anyone having trouble dragging objects?

I can't seem to grab the razor wire baracade. Whe I try to left click on it, the mouse cursor goes into area selection mode.

Any thoughts?

Some objects in the 3D editor from ARMA 2 couldn't be dragged. You need to group the object with another object and drag that one to move the razor wire.

The pictures in the original post seem dead. Maybe reupload etc.

i don't know how to use editors, but i'm learning, and this looks like a awesome thing!

Hello to everyone, it's my first time on the editor and i'm trying this 3D editor, I've played with it some hours and now I wolud like to know if it is possible to place also buildings in 3d editor? I can't find any of it in "Vehicles", i can find "containers", "chairs", "concrete walls" but no finished buildings like the stuff in military base that you can find in the 2D editor.

tnx

Edited by DuM3D0

Is it possible to place new buildings in 3d editor? I can't find any of it in "Vehicles"

tnx

You need an addon that enables them. Take this

Tnx, ZeroG, i've get the ZGM_VisO_ARMA3BETA_EditorObjects.pbo and the ZGM_VisO_EditorObjects_A3.pbo inside a mod folder and now I got some more objects, but not all objects.. any hope to see all (or almost) all object like in the 3D editor in arma2? edit the ZGM_VisO_EditorObjects_A3.pbo dosen't work I got the objects in "vehicles" try to place somewere but nothing appear..

How can i "trasform" the mission.biedi into something i can use in 2D editor and last but not least, if I put an object in 2D editor and I edit the mission in 3D editor, can I move this object in 3D editor? And how can I edit the mission saved in 2D editor?

tnx

PS: I use the 3D editor only for positioning the object in my missions i don't need to create a brand new island

PPS: I'm a newbie in editing so sorry if you think those are silly questions

Edited by DuM3D0

If you use the latest version of the addon, you should be able to see all objects in the list for EMPTY side, all the way down, starting with ZGM_XXX.

There is a way to convert biedi to sqm if I remember correctly, thus I have never used it. Maybe have a look in the 3DE thread..

For the manipulation of 2D objects, I guess you would have to use that tool as well, as 3DE needs biedi format.

There is a way to convert biedi to sqm if I remember correctly, thus I have never used it. Maybe have a look in the 3DE thread..

i'm pretty sure world tools has that feature. i can still remember suggesting it to shezan and helping him test it.

If you use the latest version of the addon, you should be able to see all objects in the list for EMPTY side, all the way down, starting with ZGM_XXX.

Yes I found the stuff you mean, but "empty side"?? In 3D editor I click on Vehicles and there is the other stuff you mean starting with ZGM_XXX; "empty side" is in 2d editor

There is a way to convert biedi to sqm if I remember correctly, thus I have never used it. Maybe have a look in the 3DE thread..ù

For the manipulation of 2D objects, I guess you would have to use that tool as well, as 3DE needs biedi format.

I found something, a 3de_conv.rar on Armaholic, there is a 3de_conv.exe inside, I think you have to remove all the stuff except class_vehicle inside mission.biedi and then you have to drag'n'drop this file on 3de_conv.exe; then it create a mission.sqm in the same folder.. then I don't know how to use it, when I merge with my mission.sqm in the mission folder I want to develop, I can't see any of the stuff I have created with 3D editor

Yes I found the stuff you mean, but "empty side"?? In 3D editor I click on Vehicles and there is the other stuff you mean starting with ZGM_XXX; "empty side" is in 2d editor

I found something, a 3de_conv.rar on Armaholic, there is a 3de_conv.exe inside, I think you have to remove all the stuff except class_vehicle inside mission.biedi and then you have to drag'n'drop this file on 3de_conv.exe; then it create a mission.sqm in the same folder.. then I don't know how to use it, when I merge with my mission.sqm in the mission folder I want to develop, I can't see any of the stuff I have created with 3D editor

If you arent interested in terrain editing anyway, you might give GID a shot?

I saw it, but I don't know how to configure

this I don't understand

3 - create an empty script

5 - create a repeatedly radio trigger with the following activation code : nul = [] execVM "LxOPS\lxOPS.sqf";

4 - play with the object positioning system (radio menu 0-0-1) - press copy button for the locked object - paste the code stuff in your script (ctrl + V) - unlock object and create new one

5 - call your script at the beginning of the mission (server side)

I'm just learnig how to do "things"

I saw it, but I don't know how to configure

this I don't understand

I'm just learnig how to do "things"

I would ask in that thread you will get QUICKER answer, but it does come with a test mission all set up i believe

Having a question about controls:

Every time I press W the camera moves not only forwards but upwards too. Any possibility to fix this somehow?

Having a question about controls:

Every time I press W the camera moves not only forwards but upwards too. Any possibility to fix this somehow?

I have somewhat of a similar issue, only I can't move forwards and backwards. What control binds are actually controlling this? For infantry and land vehicle movement I'm one of those arrow key nutters (don't ask, lol) and even tried the arrow keys and that just keeps scrolling through the lists and stuff on the 3d editor. I can go up in height and down, rotate left and right, but I can't move at all.