A real plaisure to find this on Arma 3, thanks so much!

But i have a big problem : settings doesn't works.

I log as admin, change some settings before to choose my slot. But once the game started, all settings stills by default.

Is there any solution?

But i have a big problem : settings doesn't works.

I log as admin, change some settings before to choose my slot. But once the game started, all settings stills by default.

WTF?! You really can't change *any* setting or just some of them? Never had this.

So you

* Connect

* Login

* Select Mission

* Change Parameters

* Slot in

* Start

and then its all back to defaults?! What branch are you using? Stable or Dev? Dedicated server?

sorry for my late answer (went in hollidays in Sicilia (italia)).

Yes i confirm all you said.

Lastest Arma version (updated by steam)

Lastest mission version (1.16 RC10 downloaded from armaholic).

Just : i didn't selected the mission, i setted it in my server.cfg

The server is on my 2nd PC...

Today i went back from holidays and made a new try (this time by selecting the mission with #missions command) and the problem disapeared.

I have no explains, as i didn't changed anything (no new mods).

To quicly check, its easy, i set "No grass" so i immediatly see if settings are applyed or not.

I'll give feedback if i get fresh news about that amazing fact.

Today i went back from holidays and made a new try (this time by selecting the mission with #missions command) and the problem disapeared.

I have no explains, as i didn't changed anything (no new mods).

Looks like an issue wie A3 here, i always login first and do #missions, so i never noticed that. Maybe thats worth a ticket. Does this happen with other missions too?

Anyway, 1.16 r10 is pretty outdated, check http://vsbw.de/~arma for the current mission! :)

Hi thhamm

Had a go at the latest. Played out good on my dedicated laptop.

Have you considered changing how equipment is selected. The current interface is awkward when trying to add and remove items. Something like the VAS system would be good?. Also just letting you know that when you try and build a medical tent using the repair truck, the object built is a table, budget cuts I know :)

Thanks for maintaining the crCTI mission for Arma 3 :)

Have you considered changing how equipment is selected. The current interface is awkward when trying to add and remove items.

Yeah i want to rebuild this equipment stuff from scratch, bit lazy right now for it. :/

Also just letting you know that when you try and build a medical tent using the repair truck, the object built is a table, budget cuts I know :)

Haha shit, totally forgot that. It's in there since the first Alpha. Fixed it in r24. And you can actually heal at it now. :D

Okay i took a peek at VAS, but it didn't really suit me, so I scripted something new from scratch (i.e. I created a monster).

Overloaded, complicated, slow and only half-tested. Just how I like it. :)

No seriously, someone please try it and report bugs/comments. Especially strange gear combinations that don't work.

(New gear system since 1.17 r26 and A3 only btw.)

Edited by thhamm

No seriously, someone please try it and report bugs/comments. Especially strange gear combinations that don't work.

Will do thhamm :)

Thanks!!

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Will do thhamm :)

Thanks!!

Alot better than old interface. With the ability to easily add and remove items to inventory. Thanks again !!! :)

A few ideas for future versions (though its very playable in current state)

• Fonts are small, possible to increase text size and the size of the arming window?

• Is it possible to press a letter and it auto-scrolls to first occurrence of item with that letter e.g. Press L on list, position goes to Laser Designator.

• Ability to assign inventory to rucksack i.e. perhaps double left click rucksack to open, then add inventory. At moment I add inventory and then go to Inventory using I key. I then arrange items.

• Titan MRPL Compact tubes for AA and AT are repeated multiple times in list.

Thanks for the release, this is my favorite CTI on arma3 !

Is it possible to customise availables weapons and vehicles?

PS : i didn't found any howto docs

• Is it possible to press a letter and it auto-scrolls to first occurrence of item with that letter e.g. Press L on list, position goes to Laser Designator.

Dont be that lazy mazza. Andiamo andiamo...

• Ability to assign inventory to rucksack i.e. perhaps double left click rucksack to open, then add inventory. At moment I add inventory and then go to Inventory using I key. I then arrange items.

]

Look, its like you do in the supermarket. You put your stuff in the trolley and after you paid you sort it into your bags.

Just as easy as that.

• Fonts are small, possible to increase text size and the size of the arming window?

Yeah, actually the same dialogs looke somewhat smaller than in A2, even at the same interface setting. So maybe, but it's rather tedious work to scale them ...

That's definitely an idea, if its even possible (and simple to implement).

Hmm i could add some more buttons (there aren't enough :D) like: Add (gobal), Add to Uniform, Add to Vest, Add to Backpack ... Hmm. Or rearrange the current list and make items moveable. Maybe later. :)

• Titan MRPL Compact tubes for AA and AT are repeated multiple times in list.

Yah thats the "Autolist ". They are actually in cfgWeapons 3 times (for different factions i guess?).

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Is it possible to customise availables weapons and vehicles?

Yes, it's possible, but also pretty tedious and error prone work (old crCTI code leftover).

Look into init.sqf and change Lines 419 & 420 to false:

AutoEquipmentList = true;
AutoUnitList = true;

Then edit Common\InitEquipmentTypes.sqf and Common\InitUnitTypes.sqf, that is the "Static Lists" inside the blocks:

if ( !AutoEquipmentList ) then
{
};

and

if ( !AutoUnitList ) then
{
};

But careful, those still contain A2 classes, so you have to rebuild them yourself. Or you can take a look at crCTI Proman Public for reference.

PS : i didn't found any howto docs

For editing? There are none.

Dont be that lazy mazza. Andiamo andiamo...

My mouse fingers get tired :)

New Version: 1.17 r35 (25.7.2014)

Downloads:

http://www.vsbw.de/~arma/

Changes:

• AI Commander tweaks
  • A3: Add parameter to control fatigue
  • A3: Display loadout weight in equipment menu

New Version: 1.17 r36 (2.8.2014)

Downloads:

Changes:

• AI Commander: Tweaked base attack mode, build factories depending on income not elapsed time
  • A2: Fixed AI Comm not building anything

Is there any hope of getting this mission to run on a Linux Dedicated server? Short of installing the Windows server under WINE?

Is there any hope of getting this mission to run on a Linux Dedicated server? Short of installing the Windows server under WINE?

Well something is definitely strange with the linux server. I just tried it, the first time the mission started, serverside scripts didn't seem to run at all, and it got stuck, but then i just issued #mission again and restarted, then it worked fine.

Do you see that too or something else? Please send your client and server side logs if possible. But i'm not sure this is strictly mission related (shouldn't make a difference linux/windows at all, IMO).

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

New Version: 1.17 r37 (19.8.2014)

Downloads:

Changes:

• Marina no longer critical structure (don't establish second base when building marina with support truck)
  • AI Commander: Don't give up base defenses when attacking enemy base
  • Do not disband abandoned vehicles when human player is near (<100m)
  • A3: Unitlist: Fix empty "Light armor" buylist, remove VR units, Quadbikes cheaper now

I've been playing with it a fair bit lately - have not tried your most recent update yet. I know enough about Arma editing to be dangerous and I only was ever to make CTI/Warfare missions work on Arma 2 using the built in modules. Arma 3 is much harder for me due to the lack of modules in the editor.

I just tried Altis from the get-go and it didn't work, much like Proman's CTI which I believe is based on the same CTI as yours. I just assumed it was a crCTI issue.

On a whim, I tried to load up Stratis and it worked fine. So, naturally I took the PBO files apart to pick through them to see what was different... Was it a typo or missed INIT? I was surprised to see that both missions were identical with the exception of the mission.sqm. So I loaded the mission SQM's up in my file compare utility (UltraCompare) and saw that the Altis file was lacking the resistanceWest=0; entry... One of the gameEndType LOGIC field was different... There was a couple other things that were different, but should not have mattered... Altis had Airfield start locations defined whereas Stratis did not.

I edited the differences into the Altis mission with no luck...

Lastly, I even took the unaltered Stratis mission and replaced all the references to Stratis with Altis in the mission... PBO'ed it up and it didn't work... Black screen. Makes me wonder if Altis has some sort of issue itself on Linux.

Anyway... I'll figure out wow to get the logs... I'm not that sharp with Linux or Arma 3 from an admin standpoint.

I just tried Altis from the get-go and it didn't work, much like Proman's CTI which I believe is based on the same CTI as yours. I just assumed it was a crCTI issue.

Yes, Proman is essentially the same codebase, so it would be same issue.

On a whim, I tried to load up Stratis and it worked fine. So, naturally I took the PBO files apart to pick through them to see what was different... Was it a typo or missed INIT? I was surprised to see that both missions were identical with the exception of the mission.sqm. So I loaded the mission SQM's up in my file compare utility (UltraCompare) and saw that the Altis file was lacking the resistanceWest=0; entry... One of the gameEndType LOGIC field was different... There was a couple other things that were different, but should not have mattered... Altis had Airfield start locations defined whereas Stratis did not.

I edited the differences into the Altis mission with no luck...

Yes those differences aren't important, at least it should start, except if you fire up Stratis with "Start Locations: Airfields".

Lastly, I even took the unaltered Stratis mission and replaced all the references to Stratis with Altis in the mission... PBO'ed it up and it didn't work... Black screen. Makes me wonder if Altis has some sort of issue itself on Linux.

Ok Stratis is working? Strange. Can you try and restart the mission when you get the black screen (with #missions on the server), that did the trick for me today. No idea why. Windows dedicated running with WINE is working like a charm. But there seem to be some other missions that won't run on the linux dedicated server:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169926-Linux-Dedicated-Server-feedback&p=2745361&viewfull=1#post2745361

Anyway... I'll figure out wow to get the logs... I'm not that sharp with Linux or Arma 3 from an admin standpoint.

Well linux dedi seems to just write to stdout, so maybe do ./arma3server &> a3.log, that should give some hint. Looks to me some server scripts didn't run when i first started the mission, but that could also be some script race condition thats not happening with windows and not if the mission/map has been already loaded before. Just guessin' :) Thought i nailed them all by now ...

Well, I'm happy to say that reloading the mission via #missions did the trick.

Thanks for the heads up... And I appreciate the work you've put into this.

EDIT: Honestly, I don't think that the Linux Dedicated server is on par with the Windows version in the first place. I hope that BIS keeps development ongoing for it.

Edited by CRCError1970
More blabbering...

New Version: 1.17 r38 (22.8.2014)

Downloads:

Changes:

• Tweak adaptive town income
  • Minor JIP Fix
  • A3: Tweak weather presets / weather variation

you guys should help me fix KaRRiLLioNs RTS .. he he, it was last updated to arma1 .

never the less glad to see this mission + getting updated there is no better cti.

I just wanted to report that I'm having more luck with the Linux Dedicated server now... The problems that so many people have been having with it seem to be eliminated by renaming all of the mod files to all lowercase names. Linux's filesystem is case-sensitive unlike NTFS or FAT... To a Linux file system "file.ext" is not the same as "File.ext".... and one reason the Linux Dedicated server wigs out is it wants the pbo's to be all lowercase.

http://erictgrubaugh.com/play/games/arma/a3mp-mod-and-linux-server-compatibility/

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74655

Edited by CRCError1970

Hey very much like this version of CTI, thankyou. Wondering if its at all possible to disable the friendly AI squads? The AI commander is fine however I do not wish to have friendly AI running around trying to capture towns. Is there a way to do this? thanks

Can you be a bit more specific, a request in that direction has come up before.

You want the AI squads only to be playable by human players? And only for a specific side (or both)? Or deleted at all (noone can join and use them)?

what happened to the sirens going off ... I love that sound did you turn it off ?

to do with guys having issues with Linux , I have both crcti working on my server so im not sure what the problem you are having?

Edited by Dr Death JM