[frl]myke

[Beginners guide]How do i install mods/addons?

I am not able to "disable" my mods when accessing them through the expansion screen. The disable selection is grayed out.

If you run the game using mod line (mod = modB;modA.. etc) then you cannot use the in game expansion menu. So, you first you must remove the mod line from launch property, then enable your mods in game

So I've been searching all over the net but every guide I've found is for installing mods/addons on user hosted servers. Issue is I have a server hosted by a game company and I want to use some of these mods but can't figure out how to install any of them. I want to run a SA Matras Wasteland server with Inidb (to save player stuff so it doesn't disappear when they leave and keeps them coming back) etc but all the guides I've found aren't helping since they're for steam user hosted servers.. Can anyone help me out with this?

Hey, n00b question lol I know that I'm supposed to add the .pbo files to the <addons> folder, but do the .bisign files go in the <addons> folder as well? Some of the mods I downloaded have the .bisign files in the <keys> folder, while others have them in <addons>... Thanks in advance.

Hey Myke,

I am new to Arma 3, but not gaming.

I saw your excellent post on how to "activate" mods - worked great. I am having one seriously annoying issue:

Because what I see, think, interpret, and understand may not translate well, I'll include links as an example:

So - I pick a mod : GRU Spetsnaz - and I get this page:

www .armaholic.com/page.php?id=9396&highlight =RUSSIAN%2BSPETSNAZ

Ok - now, I see a green "Download" button, and a blue one. Either one gets me to a downloader. Not downloading the freaking mod, but a downloader. Ok - so I DL'd the downloader. But, how in the name of Zeus' butthole do I actually download the f***ing mod!?

And this site (with link) is similar to many sites. I now have 2 downloaders and no freaking mods.

(ok - I have found mods to DL, but you can see my frustration)

As a related note, too many very experienced gamers take for granted that without "instructions for idiots" (like .... me) that instructions like:

"Here is a link to the mod" is not enough.

HELP (please!)

Steven

Hi Isbeene,

going to that linked site, i can't find any green or blue download button. What i see are the links at the bottom which say "Download from FTP #1" and "Download from FTP #2", with both i end up with a 7zip file including the addons. Could it be you clicked on advertisements (can't say, i'm surfing the webs only with adblocker enabled). Please check that and report back.

I have had a few problems with my mods. I have never had a problem with download side.

However when I go to expansions only some show up and the ones that do have a white v type thing next to them.

ANY solutions ?????

Welcome to BIS Forums.

The white v thing you are referring to just means that the listed mod is checked and enabled.

I used to use the expansion list when I first started playing Arma3, but now instead I use a launcher so i dont worry about the expansions list,

my game launches the mods i use np, one I use if your interested:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19582

First I load the mod file into my Steam/arma3/ folder in my programs file on my C drive always with the @ in front of the name. Note that dump any bikey files that come with the mod into the Keys folder. Also note the Userconfig folder.

http://i.imgur.com/5UW9X2e.jpg

Then I create a notepad or rich text document whatever and set up the set of mods I will want to load depending on which ones I want to use in a given circumstance. No reason why you can't set up any number of different set ups this way ready to copy/paste

http://i.imgur.com/va78M36.jpg

Then on my Steam start up page I right click on my Arma3 game and get the Properties up

http://i.imgur.com/mtKBi7Q.jpg

Then I copy paste the set of mods I want right into the Arma 3 Launch options. The proper syntax of the mod loading should be self evident from my notepad setup shown.

http://i.imgur.com/Prel81W.jpg

Help me out with installing mods..I never knew them at all..So I would like to require anybody's guidence..

Help me out with installing mods..I never knew them at all..So I would like to require anybody's guidence..

Please read the first post of this thread, follow the instructions step by step and report where you struggle. We'll be happy to assist as soon we know where it fails.

Greetings there, I've been looking all over these forums and I do not wish to start a thread about it, so I have decided the best place to ask this question is here:

I've gotten ARMA 3 for my birthday from my friends, since I've been going crazy about the Battle Royale mod, I find it extremely fun. However, for the life of me, I cannot seem to get it working. The steps I've taken in order to get this mod working are the following:

- First I've tried with "Play withSIX" and installed the mod, updated it, ran the game and I still could not find the Battle Royale mod under filters in Multiplayer. In the main menu, I can see the following two mods being turned on: "ARMA 3 Zeus" and "Playerunknown's Battle Royale". Under the Configure > Expansions menu I can see ARMA 3, ARMA 3 Zeus and Battle Royale. However, I cannot enable or disable any mod. Those buttons are just grey to me.

- Maybe an important thing to note is that in the menu, in the upper right corner, the "info box" tells me it is a Zeus release. Does this mean I do not have the game, or I have installed something that is not compatible with Battle Royale?

- Second version of the Battle Royale installation was that I've tried to "manually" install it via copying a folder inside of the Steam Arma 3 folder, then adding a parameter in the "Launch Options" in the Steam menu. The same thing happens when I ran it this way.

Bottom line is, have I done something wrong, in correspondence that I may have overlapped the installed mods, of some sort, or is my game not compatible with the mod, I've tried every option, searched all the forums, but to no avail. Any sort of help would be most welcome. Thank you in advance :)

Edit: In case anyone has this particular problem, I have solved it by removing the mod from the steam "Launch Options". Painful process - it works perfectly now

Edited by ysnake

In the future, because for specific missions you need specific mods, keep a Windows shortcut file or a cmd batchfile for each specific configuration. And yes, if you call mods via command line, you cannot cgange them ingame.

I have just done a fresh/clean reinstall through Steam and I noticed that the folder structure is not consistent with the first post. My folder structure is as follows:

-Program Files (x86)

-Steam

-Steam Apps

-common

-Arma3

*AddOns

*BattlEye

* etc

I do not have a "@ModName" folder by default. So do I create one? And should it go into the same part of the tree with "AddOns" and "BattlEye"? Can I just unpack the mod and drop it into the "AddOns" folder that already exists. There are currently quite a few pbo's in that default "AddOns" folder. I was thinking my directory/tree should look like this:

-Program Files (x86)

-Steam

-Steam Apps

-common

-Arma3

*@ModName

*AddOns

*BattlEye

* etc

Right??

• Like 1

Can I just unpack the mod and drop it into the "AddOns" folder that already exists.

Never ever do that. Whenever an addon messes something up you'll have a hard time to track down which .pbo is the cause. In the existing addons folder are BI assets and it should exclusively used by BIS.

-Program Files (x86)

-Steam

-Steam Apps

-common

-Arma3

*@ModName

*AddOns

*BattlEye

* etc

If i understand it as you intend it, yes, this is right. @ModName in this list is a kind of placeholder. How do you name it is completely up to you. A lot of addons already are packed in the correct structur so all you have to do is to copy the folder beginning with the @ into the ArmA 3 directory. So the structure should finally look like this:

Program files (x86)

-Steam

--Steam Apps

---Common

----ArmA3

-----@ModName

------addons

-------(one or more) .pbo files

There might be other folders/files in the @ModName folder. Just keep them unless you're 100% sure it isn't needed (like readme.txt files or such).

@ModName (you're free to chose a name by your own if you want)

You're free to organize the modfolders any way that suits you. As example, you might put all plane addons from various addonmakers into a single @planes folder. You may also sort them by creator like @fullerpj which contains all addons from this author. Or you put up sets as required by different servers @myPreferredServer1, @myPreferredServer2 and so on (which might lead to addons being present in more than one addonfolder).

Once done, you can enable/disable modfolders ingame under Configure->Expansions. ArmA 3 needs to restart but afterwards all enabled addons should be available.

Apolgoies if I've missed the answer for this but I have a mod question regarding arma3 reading the addons from "My Documents" folder. I'm running on a smallish SSD which is getting pretty full. With the anticipation of all the marvellous MANW content I'll need more space than available for mods. I have "my documents" mapped to a standard HDD which is obviously slower than my SSD.

Does anyone know if running mods from this drive will cause slow down in gameplay? I don't mind if it takes longer to load a mission etc...

Thanks for any help

Apolgoies if I've missed the answer for this but I have a mod question regarding arma3 reading the addons from "My Documents" folder. I'm running on a smallish SSD which is getting pretty full. With the anticipation of all the marvellous MANW content I'll need more space than available for mods. I have "my documents" mapped to a standard HDD which is obviously slower than my SSD.

Does anyone know if running mods from this drive will cause slow down in gameplay? I don't mind if it takes longer to load a mission etc...

Thanks for any help

Sorry to bump but does anyone have any feedback on this please? Cheers

hi all i wonder if any could help or has had the same problem i came to launch my a3 launcher this morning and it seems to have wiped all my mods :/ and when trying to reinstall them it says queued for checking i installed the wasteland launcher yesterday could this of had something to do with it ?

hi all i wonder if any could help or has had the same problem i came to launch my a3 launcher this morning and it seems to have wiped all my mods :/ and when trying to reinstall them it says queued for checking i installed the wasteland launcher yesterday could this of had something to do with it ?

what launcher did you use?

alright so i'm a bit new to the whole arma 3 modding scene and i am having issues trying to get some mission mods to work. i have the pbo files for missions and campaigns such as hunter six, pilgrimage etc. but i dont know what to do now. could anyone help me out with instructions that are as dumbed down as you can make them. thank you and have a great day.:confused::confused::confused:

Hi Welcome to BIS forums and Armaverse!

For sp missions put the pbo here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Missions

for MP, put it same place except in mpmissions, and host the mission through mp to play it. Does that help?

ok basic question here. say i want to install massi's weaps, vehicles, and usmc_a3_v1.4.

each of the 3 7z files have a "mas" in them. so then, does one install them by overlaying the "..common\ARMA3\mas" with each subsequent 7z file?

or does one install them each separately like the following?

..\common\ARMA3\masw\*.*

..\common\ARMA3\masv\*.*

..\common\ARMA3\masusmc\*.*

ok basic question here. say i want to install massi's weaps, vehicles, and usmc_a3_v1.4.

each of the 3 7z files have a "mas" in them. so then, does one install them by overlaying the "..common\ARMA3\mas" with each subsequent 7z file?

or does one install them each separately like the following?

..\common\ARMA3\masw\*.*

..\common\ARMA3\masv\*.*

..\common\ARMA3\masusmc\*.*

You can do it either way. Putting them all into a '@mas' folder is how I would personally do it (its tidier, and you don't end up with 30 or so mod folders by the same author). Some people put addons together by type e.g. '@Weapons' or '@Vehicles'. Just go with a way you're comfortable with and able to find addons to remove them easily (if an update breaks them or you wish to stop using them for any reason).

I am new to Arma 3 and want to learn more. I shoot 308Win custom in real life out to 1000yards. I reload Berger and my 2 favorites are 185 hybrid and 215 hybrid target. I read a lot about snipers, guerrillas, military history.

Does anyone here use "Ultimate Sniper" by Major Plaster as a resource for mods, add-ons etc?