Version 1.2 is out!
I have attempted to replicate all basic functionality found in INKO Disposable 1.2 for ArmA2. This addon for ArmA3 Alpha makes the NLAW man-portable anti-tank launchers disposable as it is in real life. After one shot the tube is spent and cannot be reused in any way.
The spent tube can be thrown away after firing simply by switching weapon (default key: F). AI throws it away automatically shortly after firing.
DUE TO LACKING SCRIPT FUNCTIONALITY I HAVE LIMITED CONTROL OVER THE WEAPON'S INTERNAL AMMUNITION BOTH FOR PLAYERS AND AI.
PLEASE VOTE ON THIS TICKET TO HASTEN PROPER FUNCTIONALITY FOR MANY ADDONS: http://feedback.arma...iew.php?id=4853
The addon has full Extended Eventhandler support (and requirement).
Aside from being a simple addon for a slightly more realistic game it is in great part designed for other addon-makers.
The code has been kept as simple and as modular as I have the wits to make it for the simple functionality it has now. It is fully possible to make this work with disposable launchers in other addons by adding a few variables to those launchers's config and should require no tinkering with INKO Disposable at all.
- v1.2 (2014-01-11):
- Fixed "undefined variable _unit" error spamming RPT
- Fixed AI selecting pistol over rifle after firing due to what seems to be a bug in selectWeapon command
- v1.1 (2013-04-02 [Alpha]):
- Automatic ammunition management: No longer need to pick up missiles from boxes or the like. If you have an unused launcher you have ammunition. (Thank you Ohally!)
- Code cleanup: Should use a little less resources and be more reliable. Probably not noticeable for end user.
- v1.0 (2013-03-15 [Alpha]):
- Disposable NLAW: One use only. Throw it away when you want to by switching weapon.
- Thrown tube is physical object in the world (thank you ArmA3 physics for not making it a bounce-machine!)
!!! IMPORTANT !!!
This addon requires the Extended EventHandlers found in CBA!
Download CBA here
Edited by Inkompetent, 12 January 2014 - 23:00.