rcmw

[CAMP] 100 Days

Great info here

Could you please or someone else, give an example as in Mission 21 on top of that hill, taking out the BMD?

Better yet, that scene with an in-game pic using FRAPS?

Seriously, the info was great, but still, a picture speaks a thousand words...as they say.

Thanks!

Humm a video is not a bad idea, I may be bale to get around to doing one at some point showing the key game play features of the campaign, but I should probably work on ironing out any bugs and the subtitles first.

In the meantime the original author of the script Bon has made a video that may help here.

I have change the script a little from that (with the authors permission) to add the radio sounds and a check to make sure you have clicked confirm but you can get the general idea.

Task auto selection will be in next version and along with the spelling/grammar checks, going to go over the campaign and give it a polish :) .

This is one of, if not the best campaigns I've played for Arma. There are a few little issues that I've had, namely the laser guided bombs not working and being unable to see the numbers on the compass (is there a way to zoom in on the compass when you press k to bring it up?), but overall, this is awesome. I depbo'd it and changed it to use a few mods and it's just getting better and better. This little guy has been fun to play with in it http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132986-British-Ridgback-Protected-Patrol-Vehicle

bit of a more up to date alternative to the jackal.

Do you have any other missions or campaigns you've made?

This is one of, if not the best campaigns I've played for Arma. There are a few little issues that I've had, namely the laser guided bombs not working and being unable to see the numbers on the compass (is there a way to zoom in on the compass when you press k to bring it up?), but overall, this is awesome. I depbo'd it and changed it to use a few mods and it's just getting better and better. This little guy has been fun to play with in it http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132986-British-Ridgback-Protected-Patrol-Vehicle

bit of a more up to date alternative to the jackal.

Do you have any other missions or campaigns you've made?

The Campaign modding master! That Ridgeback would be awesome in this Camp. Some UK SAS would be interesting as well as an alternate.

As for larger compass, I remember seeing this addon recently, but it's for A3 apparently. I think you can also enlarge the compass, but you have to be in the map view and double click the compass.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18944&highlight=LARGER%2BCOMPASS

If you open the map, the direction is displayed in numbers next to the compass displayed over the map.

Forgot to mention this the last time, but a coop version of the campaign would be awesome.

The Campaign modding master! That Ridgeback would be awesome in this Camp. Some UK SAS would be interesting as well as an alternate.

As for larger compass, I remember seeing this addon recently, but it's for A3 apparently. I think you can also enlarge the compass, but you have to be in the map view and double click the compass.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18944&highlight=LARGER%2BCOMPASS

yeah, that was the other thing I did. I used the goos uksf guys and lennards L119 pack since they are supposed to be pathfinders. made it pretty badass looking.

What I mean with the compass is when you press k and have it out to get an azimuth on the target you can't see the numbers on the compass. I ended up pulling the actual compass out of my field gear to compare with and guess the degrees. didn't work well but I eventually adjusted fire onto target.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

If you open the map, the direction is displayed in numbers next to the compass displayed over the map.

Where? I just see a compass and even clicking on the compass it still isn't zoomed enough to see numbers.

Nice Vid!

Noticed that if you use LASER, no coordinates are needed..........

To get the azimuth without going insane with that tiny compass, use this addon: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6626

It will add a degree indicator next to the reticle in both binoculars and laser designator. Unfortunately, not in the rangefinder.

One thing worth saying is that, in artillery, NOBODY uses sexagesimal degrees, but mils. One degree is made of approximately 17,7 mils, therefore we have 6283 (6400 for convention) mils in a round, instead of just 360 degrees.. Really wonder why it wasn't featured in Arma. The reason why we use such a smaller scale is because firing at long ranges with howitzers requires a great accuracy, which degrees can't guarantee.

Edited by folgore_airborne

I feel obliged to join the chorus of approvers.

Although I've only just begun, this is perhaps one of the best campaigns I've ever had the honour of playing.

In fact, it's definitely the best BAF campaign (Joints Ops wasn't bad).

I particularly like the brilliant choice of mods, short but sharp voice-overs and interesting but humble mission design.

The artillery script impressed me but the Medevac blew me away (why don't more missions support this?).

FYI the Air Support script (with laser desginator) works flawlessly for me.

Regarding compass issues, I used to use Heinblod's GDT Binocular mod (address azimuth display) but found it was too easy and unrealistic so I removed it and opted for this tiny PvP mod which doubles the size of the default compass both in-game and in the map view as well as the GPS (great for hi-res screens).

My only regret it that this campaign doesn't support COOP.

BTW where can we get hold of the 0.2 version? Because all the 3 links on the first page point to v0.1

Yeah I was aware of that PVP tweak but imho it's still too small, and in some light conditions, unreadable. Having a degree indicator, however, is all but unrealistic. There are binoculars with a small compass above, and modern laser designators also have degree (and mils) indicator.

@ RCWM: the idea of having that Ridgback armoured vehicle is great! Would add even more realism to the campaign since MRAP vehicles are becoming more and more the preferrable choice due to the exponential increase in IEDs attacks in the last years. This one is also very well made. Even better, would be to have an addon-free "lite" version and one with whatever you want to throw in such as SAS, Ridgbacks, anything ;)

Edited by folgore_airborne

@ domokun

Thanks! :) Armaholic has not updated yet, but the other two link should give you version 0.2, the file will still have 0.1 at the end so you can easily continue campaign progress (I should not have put 0.1 on it in the first place, my mistake) but if unpacked the description file will have changed to 0.2. I'm also putting the version number inside the first mission from 0.3 onwards.

Yes the compass is kinda tricky if you play on a high resolution but I hope the add-ons and solutions people have suggested solve most problems.

Think once I have sorted out the spelling/grammar this weekend and removed/fixed the LGB I will start adding add-ons so any other ideas please say! :)

The Ridgback is a must and the L115A3 from P:UKF is a dam good weapon addon, not sure about the SAS units since I'm trying to keep away from a special forces campaign and Pathfinders have standard ish army uniforms. I would add some other air platforms too though, a Typhoon to deliver the air-strikes would be awesome (I love that aircraft) and maybe an F-16 but the F-16 would need an American or Dutch voice.

Ah man my AARs got wiped out just now... I'm on the night time mission involving the 4 camps. Everything has been phenomenal so far! You should be proud-- are you or have you been in the military and/or deployed? There is a level of authenticity that balances really well between the vanilla BI-made missions, and more extreme realism missions I've played through.

Are you using consistent identities for the squad mates tho or does this change? I noticed the black guy was my MG in one mission and my sniper in the next. You might consider adding the display names functionality from the PMC DLC, which AZCoder distilled into a pretty easy-to-implement script. I can PM you the two pieces of code if you are interested.

You cant skip missions. Why is that? There is a crap mission where you are on your own, but you are unable to flank round to get to the objective. You get: Go back to the mission area. Thats crap!

Can you sort that out??

Ok a quick guide on how it works out if you are doing well or badly its in spoiler since I sometimes find its more fun to play without knowing.

At the end of each mission it records how many Key objectives you have done, not all objectives will progress your score eg meeting up with a second squad will not increase it, but clearing a hostile camp adds to your score.

Most missions can increase your score but some missions can increase it more than others. Leaving a man down at the end of the mission will also decrease your score.

Mission 15 uprising is a little different however, where as most missions can increase your score by 1-4 uprising can have a score ranging from -8 to +8 depending on how well you do so there is always something to play for.

You can check your score with 0-0-0 at any time but it will change as you progress though each missions and only be saved at the end of each mission, so best time is to check it at the start of each mission.

@Sig

You can skip any mission you want but to get the best outcome it is not recommended, the campaign records what objectives you complete and the ones you fail, if you skip the mission it wont record you completing them, that’s all the message says. (its the same in most BIS campaigns eg harvest red, they just don't tell you)

There are area limitations on some of the smaller missions it keeps you close to the action, and stops you avoiding all of the game-play completely (I can't put units everywhere on the map).

@h34dup

At the mo the squad changes from time to time, with the fact that your men can get critically wounded and die if you leave them behind I was unsure if adding a permanent squad would brake realism but I think I will as I like the idea.

The AZCoder 3D credits are already in the game at the following point

spoiler

Day 100 is a credits mission that uses AZCoders 3D credits to show each of the people who added scripts and voice acting to the campaign and places them around the home bound aircraft. I was thinking of adding to to the rest of the missions already. :)

The Ridgback is a must and the L115A3 from P:UKF is a dam good weapon addon, not sure about the SAS units since I'm trying to keep away from a special forces campaign and Pathfinders have standard ish army uniforms. I would add some other air platforms too though, a Typhoon to deliver the air-strikes would be awesome (I love that aircraft) and maybe an F-16 but the F-16 would need an American or Dutch voice.

Agree with all the above: a MRAP is a must, and a marksman rifle instead of the Mk12 spr would be great. I also like the idea of keeping rugular army units instead of special forces, the kind of missions are much more fitted for regular guys rather than SF. And if you wanted a RAF Typhoon...here you got it! ;) Only concern, it requires extra addons, I'm afraid it would make the campaign depending on too many addons?

Dear Sir,

THANK YOU very much for this! It is without doubt the most enjoyable piece of campaign I've played in ArmaII for a very very long time. Thank you for not making it a '1 or 5 guys vs an entire army' or another 'super duper secret elite hyper unit' campaign. The various missions and objectives are truly believable. Even without Addons it was a blast to play, but adding some of the UKs gear wouldn't hurt, hope to see it in an update :)

ps: folgore_airbornes' idea of a 'lite' and 'heavy' campaign version is nice actually.

Edited by FLv*VeNoM*

If I'm going to make it dependent on some add-ons I may as well add a few. I added the Mk12 spr as a replacement for the British L129A1 that is not in Arma 2 at the mo and its a common gun in the armed forces now, ill have a look about and see if I can find one, or something closer.

http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/23221.aspx

@h34dup

Thanks I'm in the British TA and also work as an instructor for the Army. Got a few friends in different branches of the Army/RAF too so got what input I could from them. Always tricky to get a good balance between realism and game-play but I'm happy with this for now.

@crimsontide

I've done a few other single player missions here, got a load that I've been playing about with but haven’t released them yet.

The Hornets Nets is a simple take and hold I made when playing about.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18470

Warzone Missions are made to be random each time, they are not as heavily scripted or detailed but completely random things happen each time so it adds a lot of reply value.

Warzone : Clean Sweep

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18357

Warzone : Operation Black Viking

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17744

Warzone : Operation Continuing Hope

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17790

please, don't make it depedant of too many addons.

or make both version - one vanilla and one with the addons of your choice.

please, don't make it depedant of too many addons.

or make both version - one vanilla and one with the addons of your choice.

Don't worry i will always have an add-on free version.

@crimsontide

I've done a few other single player missions here, got a load that I've been playing about with but haven’t released them yet.

First please visit this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?144822-SP-CAMP-CO-Real-World-Operations-(RWO)

Second, put these in your signature.

Warzone : Clean Sweep

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18357

Warzone : Operation Black Viking

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17744

Warzone : Operation Continuing Hope

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17790

Lastly, "Day 100 is a credits mission that uses AZCoders 3D credits to show each of the people............."

I think H34dUp was refereing to the Identity of your team mates names show up are you point at them. The names show up over the heads and you can play with the colors as well.

You may have noticed that in their (Azcoder/H34dUp) missions. May be a good idea IF you are going to characterize your campaign. As you said for realism, some guys may die and be replaced, so you can still update that fact by simply changes the names.

Edited by Kommiekat

Ok a quick guide on how it works out if you are doing well or badly its in spoiler since I sometimes find its more fun to play without knowing.

At the end of each mission it records how many Key objectives you have done, not all objectives will progress your score eg meeting up with a second squad will not increase it, but clearing a hostile camp adds to your score.

Most missions can increase your score but some missions can increase it more than others. Leaving a man down at the end of the mission will also decrease your score.

Mission 15 uprising is a little different however, where as most missions can increase your score by 1-4 uprising can have a score ranging from -8 to +8 depending on how well you do so there is always something to play for.

You can check your score with 0-0-0 at any time but it will change as you progress though each missions and only be saved at the end of each mission, so best time is to check it at the start of each mission.

@Sig

You can skip any mission you want but to get the best outcome it is not recommended, the campaign records what objectives you complete and the ones you fail, if you skip the mission it wont record you completing them, that’s all the message says. (its the same in most BIS campaigns eg harvest red, they just don't tell you)

There are area limitations on some of the smaller missions it keeps you close to the action, and stops you avoiding all of the game-play completely (I can't put units everywhere on the map).

It’s the mission Day 79 - Kill. A one man type of special forces mission. You can't flank. There is a waddi to your left that can give you cover, or you have to go through the centre where there are patrols and do a belly crawl. But you cant follow the waddi because you are required to stay on the mission or it fails.

Why not give cart blanch on the way you can get to your target location. You don’t want to engage a patrol with one man and a M4 with a suppressor. How about redoing it as a 4 man SBS type mission?

Or what is the secret of completing this mission without being spotted?

This mission is about self preservation, not going rambo.

@sig

Ok, I've put answer in spoiler, for people who are not up to that point yet. Think your trying to do the wrong thing in that mission, its about recon and you do need to shoot anyone.

That is because on that mission you are not supposed to get to your target, just get a look at him from a distance (say that’s your job in the briefing). Also if you do get spotted they only send about 8 men after you.

Once you have got a look at him a series of events happen, he escapes and the mosque is destroyed. If I allowed you to approach the mission from any angle you could loop all the way round and get within range of the target or attack from the other side of the town and it would glich the mission badly. The small area restrictions are the only way I can make sure you are in the right place when things happen but I will have a look and maybe widen the area a little and adding patrols to the sides.

No campaign progress can be earned in that mission as it is purely for plot and it can be skipped but you can do the entire mission without killing anyone easily.

Go almost direst down the centre, there is a lone man you can kill without anyone noticing then only two, two man patrols between you and your target. The patrols move around at random, so I can't tell you just where to run, and it will be different each time but that should get you to the hills overlooking the town from where you can see your target, remember it just says find him, you don't need to get that close and if you try they will properly find you. If you go direct down the centre there is a total of 5-7 men between you and your target depending on the random patrols with at most 8 sent to your last know location if they spot you. I thought with a little stealth the 5-7 men should be easy to avoid but if they are too many I may reduce the number.

Yep just had a look, if you go down rout white and approach the town from the north it would glich the mission, ill add a large amount of hostiles up there and give a reason in the briefing to avoid it. I will probably expand the area to the south though to give it a bit more freedom. Thanks for the suggestion.

@kommiekat

Yer I know, was just pointing out I had the script already, I got it because I was thinking about doing just what was suggested. Ill have a play about with it, thanks for the other info too.

Edited by RCMW

@sig

Ok, I've put answer in spoiler, for people who are not up to that point yet. Think your trying to do the wrong thing in that mission, its about recon and you do need to shoot anyone.

That is because on that mission you are not supposed to get to your target, just get a look at him from a distance (say that’s your job in the briefing). Also if you do get spotted they only send about 8 men after you.

Once you have got a look at him a series of events happen, he escapes and the mosque is destroyed. If I allowed you to approach the mission from any angle you could loop all the way round and get within range of the target or attack from the other side of the town and it would glich the mission badly. The small area restrictions are the only way I can make sure you are in the right place when things happen but I will have a look and maybe widen the area a little and adding patrols to the sides.

No campaign progress can be earned in that mission as it is purely for plot and it can be skipped but you can do the entire mission without killing anyone easily.

Go almost direst down the centre, there is a lone man you can kill without anyone noticing then only two, two man patrols between you and your target. The patrols move around at random, so I can't tell you just where to run, and it will be different each time but that should get you to the hills overlooking the town from where you can see your target, remember it just says find him, you don't need to get that close and if you try they will properly find you. If you go direct down the centre there is a total of 5-7 men between you and your target depending on the random patrols with at most 8 sent to your last know location if they spot you. I thought with a little stealth the 5-7 men should be easy to avoid but if they are too many I may reduce the number.

Yep just had a look, if you go down rout white and approach the town from the north it would glich the mission, ill add a large amount of hostiles up there and give a reason in the briefing to avoid it. I will probably expand the area to the south though to give it a bit more freedom. Thanks for the suggestion.

@kommiekat

Yer I know, was just pointing out I had the script already, I got it because I was thinking about doing just what was suggested. Ill have a play about with it, thanks for the other info too.

I managed to belly crawl to a building opposite the mosque, then I get a load of dialogue. I shoot the guy and he's on god mode!! I pumped half a mag into him. I dont think he's meant to be shot!!!????

I think you need to change this mission.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Plus I cant continue to the next mission.

I managed to belly crawl to a building opposite the mosque, then I get a load of dialogue. I shoot the guy and he's on god mode!! I pumped half a mag into him. I dont think he's meant to be shot!!!????

]Plus I cant continue to the next mission.

Lol as I said before no, it tells you in the briefing to just “confirm his presenceâ€. Your not supposed to kill him. That is why all sniper rifles were removed for that mission too, no wonder your finding it hard to get that close your not doing what the task says.

Ill add a recommended OP, a kill switch on player if you get too close and repeat in the briefing that you are not trying to kill him, thought it was clear. At that late a stage I was trying to stay away from recommended OPs and things like that but if people are not understanding what they need to do ill add one.

By you cant finish it have you tried “endmission†command? I've checked in the campaign description and it should start the next mission after that one and it did for me during testing. If its not working its a large bug ill need to fix right away.

Edited by RCMW

Played through the night raid mission, very challenging, I managed to remain undetected for the first two camps I took out (#2, then #1) but I had to reload a ton of times. By the time I got to Camps 3 and 4, I was like man forget maintaining stealth I'm gonna pound both camps at the same time with arty...and that's what I did...and it was glorious. Is there any real consequence if the enemy lights those tires? More bad guys or something? I noticed that a group or two of foot mobiles entered the AO, I let them pass then hunted them down from behind before they got to that village, then exfiltrated and RTB'ed.