F3 Mission Development Framework for Arma 3
F3 v3-3-0 Released (ACRE2/ACRE/TFR/AGM/Zeus Ready)
The F3 team is pleased to announce the release of v3-3-0 of its mission development framework, with optional support for Zeus and popular mods ACRE2, ACRE, TFR and AGM.
To make it even easier to start using F3, our fully illustrated online tutorials for making adversarial and coop missions can help you build your first F3 mission in 1-2 hours.
The development team for v3-3-0 has been: Wolfenswan, Head, Snippers and cptnnick. Special thanks to the producer of this release, Wolfenswan. We would also like to thank the following communities in our wider review and testing team: Folk ARPS | Bourbon Warfare | Phantactical | Project Awesome | Team One Tactical | The Company
If your community uses F3 (or uses it as part of your own mission framework), we'd really love to hear from you.
Download F3 from:
- http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f3/en/ (English version) (PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR)
Discuss F3 at:
- BI Forums (http://forums.bistud...(F2-for-ArmA-3))
- Folk ARPS Forums (http://www.folkarps....wforum.php?f=44)
From the README.md file:
3-3-0 | 25 APR 2015
Updated Admin Briefing component:
- New: Allows control of safe start component.
- Restructured Zeus options (less clutter).
Updated Assign AI Gear component:
- New variable: _defaultclass (applied to unit if no corresponding class was found).
- Added designated marksman type.
Updated AI Caching component:
- Fixed: Uncaching would sometimes place group members too high.
Updated AI Skill Selector component:
- Now exclusively server-side.
- Re-adjusted skill levels: "high" is slightly easier, "low" more difficult.
- Changed comments deactivating F3 SetAISkill parameter in description.ext to comment-blocks for convenience.
- No longer sets skill for "endurance" as it's not supported in A3.
- Reduced random range to +/- 0.08.
- Increased initial sleep to 2 seconds, removed unnecessary sleeps elsewhere.
Updated Briefing Template component:
- Removed scripted task examples (in-editor module feature preferable).
- Added briefing for dedicated Zeus.
Updated F3 Folk ARPS Assign Gear component:
- Changed primary weapon for CSAT "ar" to Zafir.
- New gear type: "dm" (designated marksman) for all factions with corresponding kit.
- Added bipods to all factons (given to "ar", "mmgg" and "sn" by default).
- "hatg" now uses mobile Titan launcher.
- Equipped all "mmgg" with the new DLC MMGs. Old MMGs classnames are commented out in the assign gear file.
- Changed CSAT vests: new medium is TacVest Khaki
Updated F3 Folk ARPS Platoons component:
- Changed placement of platoons to better support smaller maps.
- Updated ranks of AAF CO, DC and SLs to match other factions.
Updated F3 Spectator Script component:
- Identified and fixed possible sFPS issue.
- Improved Freecam handling.
- Added mute key (P) for spectator.
Updated Join Group Action component:
- Action appears/disappears with less "lag".
- No more action spam in certain situations (e.g. entering a vehicle).
Updated Name Tags component:
- Shows tag for unit under cursorTarget in 28m (modifiable), always shows tags for units within 10m (modifiable). Latter can be toggled off in briefing menu.
- Moved all related global variables from init.sqf into f_nametags.sqf
- Tweaked visuals (smaller default font, colors etc.).
- Name tags are now automatically activated if component is enabled.
- Improved tags for units in vehicles: recognizes non-specialist crew and pilots, only shows effective commander on distance to avoid clutter.
Updated ORBAT Notes component:
- Better distinction between crew roles.
Updated Radio Systems Support component (ACRE2):
- Updated to the latest API (removing un-neccesary code).
- Adds support for the newer radios.
- Checks if players have enough free inventory space for radios and provides an action if not.
- Hotfix for acre_api_fnc_isInitialized ignoring itemRadio.
Updated Safe Start component:
- New: Player vehicles can't be damaged until safe start is done.
- f_safety.sqf is now a function (f_fnc_safety).
Updated Zeus Support component:
- Zeus assigned using f_fnc_zeusInit automatically applies AI Skill Selector values to created units if latter component is enabled.
- Streamlined Zeus Support in Admin Briefing component.
The F3 Mission Development Framework (F3) is the successor to the popular F2 and BAS f mission development frameworks for ArmA 2 and ArmA. The new framework contains many of the features you know from F2, updated to work with Arma 3 and with new components that take advantage of the new game's special features.
For downloads and to find out more please see our online manual:
- http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f3/en/ (English version)
Edited by Fer, 25 April 2015 - 16:51.