Sign in to follow this  
Troubadour

How-Do-I: Adjust the config files on the ARMA 3 weaponry

How do I adjust the config files on the ARMA 3 weapons. Then after I accomplish this, I want to know how to put this in some sort of format to publish it so that the people I play with can also use and install this mod. This will be my first mod, so I am completely clueless on how to do any of this. I am currently trying to find some tutorials on google, but could still use some help.

What I want to accomplish:

• Reduce the recoil on all rifles (Except the EBR)
  • Slightly improve the power of the 6.5mm rifles
  • Greatly improve the damage of the pistols.
  • Compensate for the lack of deployable bipods by grealty reducing the recoil of all LMGs.

All of what you want to accomplish can be done through adjusting configs. I can't give you an exhaustive guide as it's something I only learned over time through a great deal of trial-and-error.

However, the place to get started would be to download a .pbo extractor and begin to look through the config.bin's in the default content. Specifically the .pbo's that contain the configs for the weapons (recoil) and ammo (power of 6.5mm and pistols).

Best of luck.

18 minutes ago, Haris Raja said:

bump...

I need  exactly the same things as Troubadour.

Please don't "bump" 4 year old threads. Your question should be in the question and answer section of the forums.