A paper version is also available:
It is unique in that it is not centered on your current position. Instead, it is 'folded' into areas. This lets you keep a continuous perspective on the battlefield. The page is changed automatically when you cross over the edge.
You can zoom in and out by pressing Shift-Ctrl-Numpad +/-.
You can change to a night mode by pressing Shift-Ctrl-N. Sorry, the map is not perfect -- some colors are hardcoded it seems.
All keybindings can be changed via Main Menu -> Configure -> Controls -> Configure Addons.
If you have a GPS or are playing on Regular or lower, your position will be shown. Map markers are shown.
REQUIRES CBA 18.104.22.168408 RC6 or LATER for ARMA 3 (@CBA_A3)
Download for ARMA 3: Tao Folding Map 2.7.0 for Arma 3 (zip)
Key is included. ADMINS: YOU MUST UPDATE THE KEY IF GOING FROM 2.1 -> 2.3 OR LATER.
Install: Copy the contents of the zip file into into the same directory as arma3.exe. Launch Arma 3, go to Options, Expansions, click on @tao_foldmap_a3 and click Enable. You're ready to use it. (Requirements should be installed the same way.)
- CBA 22.214.171.124408 RC6 or later is required.
- Updated to use newest cba_fnc_addKeybind.
- CBA 126.96.36.19923 RC3 or later is required.
- Added scaling values for many new BI and community maps. Thanks to Gundy!! (Bukovina, PR FATA, Ft. Benning, Celle 2, Bystrica, Fallujah)
- CBA 188.8.131.52710 RC2 or later required.
- Use CBA Keybinding system to allow users to change keybinds in game via Main Menu -> Configure -> Controls -> Configure Addons.
- UserConfig file is no longer used or needed.
- Map can be persistently repositioned on the screen via the Configure Map menu (default Ctrl-Shift-Alt-M).
- Map can be changed between paper and tablet formats in-game via the Configure Map menu.
- Map now gently shakes when running or sprinting.
- Internal refactoring to improve display, paging reliability, and performance.
- Fix ctrl modifier for custom key binds.
- Fix duplicate display in Expansions list.
- Paper map can now be chosen in the user config. Red nightvision mode will not be available. Default is still tablet.
- Re-add zx64 & Dslyecxi-inspired darkening/dimming code for night.
- Fix status bar draw size at interface scales other than Normal.
- Fix variable name in config to make sense.
- Add configurable keybinds, off by default. See UserConfig\tao_foldmap_a3\tao_foldmap_a3.hpp.
- Resolve some missing semi-colons in config.cpp.
- Incorporate map scaling fixes by 1212PDMCDMPPM.
- Incorporate and improve zoom feature by 1212PDMCDMPPM. Now works w/ folding. Press Shift-Ctrl-Zoom In/Out (default 'numpad +/-')
- Added night mode -- press Shift-Ctrl-Night Vision (default 'n') while the map is open. Sorry it doesn't look perfect.
- Fixed edge flickering FOREVER.
- More responsive close.
- Changed to Extended_PostInit from Extended_PreInit.
- New GUI trimmings.
- Map markings changed slightly.
- Use Arma 2 road coloring.
- Check for map in player's inventory. If player lacks a map, don't show the folding map. Don't show position unless difficulty is Regular or below or player has a GPS. Couldn't figure out how to do this in A3!
- Made for Arma 3.
- Fix for another flickering border corner case. I think the flickering bug is gone for good.
- Map made slightly smaller on the screen.
- Signed for online use.
- Fix flickering map under certain border cross conditions.
- Initial release.
Edited by Taosenai, 15 April 2015 - 23:11.