Sign in to follow this  
Focht

co_22 Seize ground insurgency style (enemy occupation)

@Focht

The Mine detector seems to be in the wrong category in the virtual ammo system. And you can't pull one out.

there's a few other issues with the vas still. Including first aid kits not saving in loadouts. I'd post feedback on the script creator's thread located here. :D

vas system

currently messing around with adding something like this to the init.sqf so the a.i isn't so aimbotish

{_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.5];_x setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.15];_x setSkill ["spottime", 0.15]_x setskill ["spotdistance", 0.2];} forEach allUnits;

Does this actually work to fix the aimbotting?

The host can also supposedly go into game options/difficulty tab and crank down the a.i skill using the slidebar.

First, nice missions!

AI is still cheater for me, but my game options lower than before.

Is there any options to get missions night?

I could be much more fun.

Hi, great mission. I`ve found a way to modify AI accuracy and AI skill. If you want to lower skill (AI is aimbotish to me) you have to change 5th line in: spawnenemiess.sqf and spawnenemies.sqf from:

_grp = [_spawnPos, East, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_F" >> "Infantry" >> "OIA_InfTeam")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

to:

_grp = [_spawnPos, East, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_F" >> "Infantry" >> "OIA_InfTeam"),[],[],[0.25,0.6]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

added numbers: [0.25,0.6] represents: AI accuracy and AI skill (default is [0.8, 0.8]).

regards;

pawel

very nice, thanks for this!

Couple of requests:

- the viewdistance is a bit low, would be nice if it would be settable

- would be cool to set the time/weather

- respawn from MHQ possible :)?

Nice PawelKPL, Ill have to use that as well.

Soul Assassin I can only answer one thing.. yes on the mhq respawn. I believe that the =BTC= revive script Focht is using allows for respawn at the Mobile HQ. Im pretty sure the latest version has all the latest updates in all the recently released scripts. v1.5

Yeah check the BTC_Revive_Init.sqf file there are a few lines there detailing MHQ respawn (it's a teleport to MHQ thing)

using the checkered flag near the base service point to tele to the MHQ is how it's currently setup afaik.

Just posted 1.5 with a.i now indoors! Script ported over by =LP=

also added in the dynamic weather effects, changed the MHQ name, text notification for service area, semi effective a.i nerfing, and upgraded the anti-nade in base (script from =LP= :D ).

There's been reports of nades and smoke nades crashing hosts. Could possibly be the anti-nade system, or just the beta opt in. Will need to test more.

Edited by Focht

We get occasional crashes (not just your mission) on server - using anti-nade script but no opt-in beta

Updated download to 1.6!

v1.6

-Updated VAS system

-Updated BTC revive

-Added random time of day on startup

-Added TPWcas

-Added dynamic house lighting

-Added helmcam system *requires tactical glasses to use* (toggle between groupmate's with proper headgear *ECH or ECH painted* using numpad * )

-Added random enemy boat spawns along western coastline & sabotage script for neutralizing them

-Added bouys in larger harbor areas

-Added diver corpsman

-MHQ now respawns with VAS

-Remodeled base (moved service area, ammo crates, added helipads, added/adjusted markers)

-Added R3F logistics (limited to barrier transport in unarmed hunter mraps)

-Added in transportable barrier construction zones

initial tests ~ barrier construction site not working on dedicated.

Edited by Focht

Interesting.

Have you included TPWLOS as well?

I am curious to try out the new Helmcams.

Interesting.

Have you included TPWLOS as well?

I am curious to try out the new Helmcams.

LOS is embedded in twpcas but I believe the version for A3 has LOS disabled by default? You can crack open the mission and check the \tpwcas\tpwcas_init.sqf file

We have just tried out the helm cam and it is a very funny gadget.

We gathered some feedback about the helm cam, i am not sure, if we should address that to you or the script maker..

-To use helm cams, you need PIP enabled when loading into the mission. Enabling it afterwards doesn't work.

-Beside taking the tac glasses off, we haven't found a way to disable the screen. Please insert a cancel button.

-A multi-level zoom function for the helmcam would be useful (or at least a button for larger/full screen)

-Some members of alpha squad are wearing ECH (light) on default, which doesn't broadcast. Maybe give all members helmcam compatible helmets.

-When players are watching our feed, you have red/purple balls bouncing around on your screen (number of balls = numbers of observers). Plus the observed person, got a little red ball in their head, right behind their tactical glasses.

-You can't observer players in vehicles. Camera stays focused on the ground, where the player entered the vehicle.

Still very nice work! Really appreciate this script.

Edited by Predator.v2

yes helmcam can be helpful, especially since AI is terrible at keeping up and driving, but yea it needs an action menu on/off command for sure.

Does anyone know if there's a Losing condition trigger in this mission...in other words is there anyway you can actually lose or fail the mission?

Might be a neat idea to make it end if too many enemy troops made it into your base, or something along those lines to make it more interesting.

I need to enable the tpwLOS feature (currently disabled), which is just switching a 0 to a 1. Since the helmcam script is new, I'll prolly wait and see what changes it's creator makes before I start attempting to alter it too much. I'd definitely post feedback on the creator's forum here.

Helmcam Thread

As for the barrier construction sites.? They seem to be broken for dedicated hosts?

Some of my community mates were complaining about performance issues compared to 1.5 (with helmcams off). Any ideas why?

I've been noticing a couple script errors that I'm pretty sure are related to new BTC revive updates, and performance drops afterwards. Could be something else though. I'll look into it.

Edited by Focht

Definitly fun! But right now, it is more of a proof of concept. But i am sure "Tajin" the scriptmaker works hard to improve his script.

@Focht:

-When players are watching our feed, you have red/purple balls bouncing around on your screen

response: Get the latest version of the script. (was fixed in 0.3)

Another thing to noticed yesterday about your mission:

If you are playing the mission with only a small group of people, the "pilots only" feature really bothers us.

When we only play with like 4 guys, one of us has to leave the squad, to be able to give us some basic air support.

Maybe you could set the "pilots only" feature on a mission parameter list?

And i have thought, if you could implement some kind of "reinforcement" groups for AI occupied towns (for example girna). For example if you attack a town with at least 3-5 grids,

enemy reinforcement groups spawn randomly outside the town on a 5-15 timer and charge the scene from outside. You could put this feature on a parameter list too,

but this would keep fights on bigger targets than one grid "towns" more interesting.

Just a slight error I kinda noticed. Bob Saget only has one "g". Could be a deal breaker that one. LOL.

Just uploaded a hotfix version for 1.6. Just some minor changes. 1.7 will likely feature a new enemy reinforcement method and possibly enemy helicopter(s)

v1.6 hotfix

-Updated headcam script (L alt + numpad * to disable cam)

-Fixed revive error (I had changed the map marker info when a unit is down incorrectly)

-Took out the "if is server then" in the spawn barrier script (hopefully fixes it)

-Enabled TPWlos

-Fixed Bob's name (Sorry Bob!)

Edited by Focht