Current version: 1.01
Instability has finally erupted into an all out battle for control where all sides come ready to fight and scorched earth is a viable option. It's up to you to pull together a team and lead them to the ultimate victory... TOTAL ANNIHILATION OF THE ENEMY! With total freedom, how you approach your mission is entirely up to you. Take control of any vehicle, recruit soldiers or go it alone, there are no rules other than get it done. Total Conquest is a fast paced, action packed engagement where the enemy could be lurking around any corner, so watch your back and stay frosty soldier.
My Steam workshop:
Total Conquest Katalaki Bay v1.01
Total Conquest Dionysios Bay v1.01
Armholic Mirror- Total Conquest v1.01
- Totally dynamic combat
- Instant action
- Selectable soldier count, vehicle count, vehicle types, AI skill, fire-team size, starting time, weather, quick start option...
- Selectable spawn points
- Selectable soldier class or random selection
- Totally independent AI
- Recruitable AI
- Drive any vehicle
- Complete mulitplayer compatibility with up to 12 players(subject to change)
- Join other player groups
- Random Environment
What do the markers on the map mean???
Blue = West CP - totally controlled by the west with no enemies in the area
Red = East CP - totally controlled by the east with no enemies in the area
White = Neutral CP - controlled by no one with no troops of any kind in the area
Yellow = Contested CP - this means that there are multiple teams in the area fighting for control of the CP
Black dot in the middle of a zone indicates that the zone is able to spawn in troops.
Spawns only occur at control points that are controlled by the corresponding team and contain buildings that report room positions... if a CP is contested, no spawning will occur there until one of the teams takes control of the point. In the event that all of the buildings (possible spawn positions) in a zone are too damaged or destroyed it will be removed from the spawn point pool but will remain a capture point. A winner is decided when a team reaches the set score limit, the time limit is reached (high scoring team wins) or only one team is left with zones on the map. If your team has no control points with valid spawn postitions when you die, you will be automatically switched to the remaining team with the least amount of control points and carry on the battle with that team. This does not necessarily mean your original team is completely out of the game. If there were troops alive from your original team they can still take control of a CP, and if they do, you will be moved back to that team when you respawn.
Total Conquest layouts now cover a much larger area of the map than past Urban Conquest layouts and contain between 30-40 total capture points. Depending on the scope you choose in the parameters, the layout of the mission will be randomly selected from the points in the layout providing for a different layout every time you play. The parameters allow you to tweak the mission enormously and can be tailored to suit any kind of game play. I'll try to get something together that better explains all of the parameters as well as creating presets to ease the process.
To do list:
- Add some kind of ammo crate system
- Try to get AI groups to use vehicles with cargo slots for transport and deployment in target zones
- Create presets for game modes for easier administration
- More map layouts (including custom maps)
- Added defense for all zones. Attacking groups will now peel off of attack to cover undefended or under defended zones.
- Player can now dismiss soldiers to defend zones
- Can now switch to vehicle (will move to driver position)
- Player can now spawn to group in owned zones
- Player can force respawn
- When original team looses all zones the player will be moved to another team on respawn, but if the original side regains a zone they will be returned to that team.
- Vehicles now stay to defend zones until defenses arrive (on some occasions they will dismount and assume defense)
- Weather now selectable and synchronized across clients and JIP
- Layout is now dynamic with size of mission selectable in parameters. The layout chooses random points from a pool creating a completely different layout every time (tons of possible layouts in one mission)
- Several options for game style (Conquest with quickstart, conquest with single starting point, advance and secure, domination). Requires complete tweaking of parameters.
- Updated vehicles
- Added TAW view distance script (special thanks to Tonic for his outstanding work)
- Updated vehicle spawning scripts and logics to handle the A3 way of doing things
- Adjusted player group leader task update (still need feedback as to whether this works right)
- Runs in stable branch
- Added all new vehicles to be up to date with Arma 3 v1.**
- Code optimizations across the board
- Code fixes for newly implemented debug messages (thanks BIS)
- Fixed player joining player team will rejoin player if alive after respawn
- Added player leader sets target zone will update for any players belonging to that group (needs testing, please post if not working)
- Reworked the way patrols are delved out for defenders and in contested zones
- Reworked vehicle spawning selection to utilize less cpu
- All default parameter settings adhere to the original Urban Conquest concept and are optimized for best performance. The more you turn on the worse it will run, don't write me whining about it if you turn on every bell and whistle.
- Added a base type of system where only some points will be spawn and starting points if active
- Color coded score interface
- Changed the scoring system to fit better with a traditional conquest type scoring system
- Updated to Arma 3 beta units
- Many many tweaks and fixes.... too many to list
- 007 was still alpha and made many changes, but was never released due to rl and the approach of the beta
- many optimizations
- fixed vehicle commandeer script allowing commandeer of a player controlled vehicle
- added irregular zone sizes and shapes
- removed depreciated cp size from parameters
- added tasking for each zone
- added zone names
- removed arrow objects for vehicle spawns
- changed all map layouts for new irregular zones
- Uses DEV version of Arma 3 alpha
- Added coherent class names in selection screen
- Option to disable zone defenders, zones will remain under control of last occupying team
- Updated description.ext to work with arma 3 loading screen and added overview.html
Parameters tutorial video
Tis is an older video, but covers a good number of the current params... will update soon!
This mission was built from the ground up with the use of no preconfigured modules and very very little borrowed code. If you should decide to modify any of my code, do not come to me and ask me to fix it.
If you happen to run into any issues at all, please report them so I can fix them!!! Thanks and enjoy
Edited by tvig0r0us, 08 April 2014 - 14:38.