Sign in to follow this  
Craig_VG

[Mission] Dynamic Zombie Sandbox Arma 3

Hey Bobtom,

Love your mod, but was wondering how do I turn off the drink and food?

Would like to play with friends but not a fan of the scavenging for the food.etc

For the beta `1.3

Ok so i just started playing arma 3 and would love to play this mod. can anyone give me a step by step on how to play it?

Ok so i just started playing arma 3 and would love to play this mod. can anyone give me a step by step on how to play it?

There isn't a specific way to play this mission.You play how you want to play.The only advice that I can give you is not to play alone.Have some friends with you because zombies are hard to kill and they spot you from a great distance.

Dynamic Zombie Sandbox Update .09

Privet,

DZS is now undergoing a large overhaul. Many of the old features and methods are being trashed for newer, cleaner, and simpler ways of doing things. I’ve already changed a lot, but it’ s only the surface. A lot is in the future, so fasten your seatbelts. It’s time to have some fun.

Changelog:

1. New Parameters screen
  2. Correct headers and loading photo
  3. New file structure
  4. Rewriting functions

ADHD?

Σ= .09 Beta Aesthetics Rewrite

Download .09

-Craig Vander Galien

http://dynamiczombiesandbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/2013-06-23_00001.jpg (253 kB)

When is the next update planned? And what are you currently working on for the next version?

Edited by D1Z4STR

Hi

I have a problem on my dedicated server.. The Zombies don't aggro unless you shoot at them.

This is not a problem when i create a server with my own client instead of dedicated server.

What is going on? :/

Johnlol

HI Guys, I have encountered a issue with this mission, I downloaded it, but when I go to run Arma 3 I get the following graphics in the top Left Hand Corner of my Arma 3 loading Screen

PHYSX -> CPU. I have moved the file to my flash drive and deleted it from my computer, however its still show up on my arma 3 game loading screen (Not mission loading screen) and it is present throughtout the game. Can anyone tell me whether or not this is part of the mod/mission or is there something added by the download. I downloaded the mod/mission from this site http://dynamiczombiesandbox.com/downloads/.

Can anyone suggest a way I can get rid of this messages from Arma 3 or will I have to reinstall it again.

Please delete this post as post below is more accurate.

Edited by thdman1511

Hi, I have encounter a small problems which seems to be targeting Arma 3 since downloading and unzipping this mod. when starting Arma 3 I get an overlay on the top left hand side stating PHYSX -> CPU which unfortunately does not show up when taking a screenshot of it. Has anyone else encountered this situation. It doesnt show up on any of my other games at the moment. I have deleted the folder and zipfile, but it still comes up. Does anyone know how to remove this without having to reformat my harddrive.

I even uninstalled Arma 3 and reinstalled it, but still get the same issue, not sure what to do now, so frustration having it there all the time, while playing Arma 3. any help with this will be much appreciated.

Hi, I have encounter a small problems which seems to be targeting Arma 3 since downloading and unzipping this mod. when starting Arma 3 I get an overlay on the top left hand side stating PHYSX -> CPU which unfortunately does not show up when taking a screenshot of it. Has anyone else encountered this situation. It doesnt show up on any of my other games at the moment. I have deleted the folder and zipfile, but it still comes up. Does anyone know how to remove this without having to reformat my harddrive.

I even uninstalled Arma 3 and reinstalled it, but still get the same issue, not sure what to do now, so frustration having it there all the time, while playing Arma 3. any help with this will be much appreciated.

Hi.

This does not sound like an issue specific to this mission.

I'm not sure what your problem is?

Is the overlay you are talking about showing all the time? if not then don't worry, all its telling you is PHYSX is running on the CPU, which is indeed true for Arma 3, even if you have an Nvidia GFX.

If it is on all the time you may want to consider looking around forums for posts concerning the same kind of brand PC you have, be it a laptop or not, to see if other people have this problem.

This sounds like a thing some companies will do, have a 3rd party app controlling a lot of your settings on your PC.

I had to reformat my hard drives and reinstall my windows. Arma 3 was the first item I reinstall after the Antivirus software and the issue is no longer there. Just seemed how it only targeted Arma 3 with the overlay and no other program or game. But it did attack the forums and all forums, it would highlight certain words, and then when you mouse over the highlighted word an advertisement would pop up. But since the reinstall on Windows 7 the issue no longer exists.

Originally posted

HERE

Shalom,

It has been quite some time since I've made a significant upgrade to DZS, and I'm proud to not only release this upgrade today, but to announce something much greater.

In late 2011 the first version of what would grow to be the #2 COOP mission in Arma 2 and the #1 in Arma 3 (Armaholic hits). It became successful not because it was well done (it was quite rough around the edges), but instead because it was different. Open ended zombie survival of this type wasn't something available anywhere in the gaming industry at the time. DZS took that a step further with many parameters, integrated randomness in almost every aspect, and map independence.

Now, as I start college, my almost year long hiatus has ended. I plan on taking Dynamic Zombie Sandbox into a whole new direction. I would like to revolutionize the system of goals, tasks, and objectives. People need something to do besides kill zombies. Because once you have multiple vehicles loaded with heavy weaponry, no zombie herd can stand a chance and gameplay becomes stale.

In real life you can analyze so much more about someone than in a game. People carry wallets, phones, and more on their person, and that can lead to some exciting things. Example: You kill a zombie and search their body. You find their phone that is holding onto a little battery. Their last text was to his brother, who was planning on going to his house in the country where he was hoarding weapons. Boom, an objective.

Think Skyrim's radiant quests, except with a lot more spice, and no clear indicator of where to go. Arma lets you place markers on the map, so do it. (If you can find a map)

I intend to capture this ingame and that excites me. The structure for this is already present in the version I am releasing today and there is far more on the horizon. So if you have any suggestions, tell me.

Now that my spiel is over it is time for the actual release info:

Dynamic Zombie Sandbox A3 1.0

(Yes it says 1.0... I know the last version was .09, just forget about it... thanks :D)

What's new:

Buildings now play an integral part in the DZS experience.

1. [*=left]A new system of zombie spawning done completely within buildings
    [*=left]New player spawning, within buildings, in their underwear as if they just woke up. (think Rick Grimes)
    [*=left]New zombie sounds, they are a work in progress so please give feedback on them
    [*=left]More stable spawning system
    [*=left]Completely redone file structure
    [*=left]Fixed time sync issues
    [*=left]And a new loot spawning system
    [*=left]You can search the personal effects of dead zombies and players
    [*=left]Cute heartbeat in the beginning
    [*=left]Messages to intro you to the mission

Let me expand on a few of these:Things now spawn as the player moves around the map, and it is all done client side. This includes weapons, vehicles, and zombies.

You can investigate a dead zombie or player's body. Open their wallet and learn their name, their age, and more. I intend to expand this into a whole new task system that also included vehicles and maybe buildings. Everything has a story, it's time to tell it.This update is basically a launchpad for the future.

Disclaimer:

DZS is very much WIP, I mark this as 1.0 because it is a new beginning for the mission and for me.Some things to expect:

• [*=left]Lagginess: There is a vast amount of things being spawned
    [*=left]Occasional errors: Config errors occur a lot in DZS, I'm working on it
    [*=left]Some parameters won't work. This will get fixed soon, worry not

Download:

Steam workshop (automatic updates, I intend to update this a lot):

http://bit.ly/DZSSteam

DynamicZombieSandbox.com (mission folder also included):

http://dynamiczombiesandbox.com/downloads/

ArmAholic Mirror:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18759

lootExample-300x168.jpg

pileOfBodies-300x168.jpg

Yeah, I'm in college. I could be getting a job instead of this, so if you are feeling kind:

PayPal

Edited by bobtom

Awesome work. I've been a fan since playing for the first time with friends in Arma 2. Looking forward to the future of DZS.

Originally posted

HERE

Shalom,

It has been quite some time since I've made a significant upgrade to DZS, and I'm proud to not only release this upgrade today, but to announce something much greater.

In late 2011 the first version of what would grow to be the #2 COOP mission in Arma 2 and the #1 in Arma 3 (Armaholic hits). It became successful not because it was well done (it was quite rough around the edges), but instead because it was different. Open ended zombie survival of this type wasn't something available anywhere in the gaming industry at the time. DZS took that a step further with many parameters, integrated randomness in almost every aspect, and map independence.

Now, as I start college, my almost year long hiatus has ended. I plan on taking Dynamic Zombie Sandbox into a whole new direction. I would like to revolutionize the system of goals, tasks, and objectives. People need something to do besides kill zombies. Because once you have multiple vehicles loaded with heavy weaponry, no zombie herd can stand a chance and gameplay becomes stale.

In real life you can analyze so much more about someone than in a game. People carry wallets, phones, and more on their person, and that can lead to some exciting things. Example: You kill a zombie and search their body. You find their phone that is holding onto a little battery. Their last text was to his brother, who was planning on going to his house in the country where he was hoarding weapons. Boom, an objective.

Think Skyrim's radiant quests, except with a lot more spice, and no clear indicator of where to go. Arma lets you place markers on the map, so do it. (If you can find a map)

I intend to capture this ingame and that excites me. The structure for this is already present in the version I am releasing today and there is far more on the horizon. So if you have any suggestions, tell me.

Now that my spiel is over it is time for the actual release info:

Dynamic Zombie Sandbox A3 1.0

(Yes it says 1.0... I know the last version was .09, just forget about it... thanks :D)

What's new:

Buildings now play an integral part in the DZS experience.

1. [*=left]A new system of zombie spawning done completely within buildings
    [*=left]New player spawning, within buildings, in their underwear as if they just woke up. (think Rick Grimes)
    [*=left]New zombie sounds, they are a work in progress so please give feedback on them
    [*=left]More stable spawning system
    [*=left]Completely redone file structure
    [*=left]Fixed time sync issues
    [*=left]And a new loot spawning system
    [*=left]You can search the personal effects of dead zombies and players
    [*=left]Cute heartbeat in the beginning
    [*=left]Messages to intro you to the mission

Let me expand on a few of these:Things now spawn as the player moves around the map, and it is all done client side. This includes weapons, vehicles, and zombies.

You can investigate a dead zombie or player's body. Open their wallet and learn their name, their age, and more. I intend to expand this into a whole new task system that also included vehicles and maybe buildings. Everything has a story, it's time to tell it.This update is basically a launchpad for the future.

Disclaimer:

DZS is very much WIP, I mark this as 1.0 because it is a new beginning for the mission and for me.Some things to expect:

• [*=left]Lagginess: There is a vast amount of things being spawned
    [*=left]Occasional errors: Config errors occur a lot in DZS, I'm working on it
    [*=left]Some parameters won't work. This will get fixed soon, worry not

Download:

Steam workshop (automatic updates, I intend to update this a lot):

http://bit.ly/DZSSteam

DynamicZombieSandbox.com (mission folder also included):

http://dynamiczombiesandbox.com/downloads/

ArmAholic Mirror:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18759

http://dynamiczombiesandbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/lootExample-300x168.jpg

http://dynamiczombiesandbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/pileOfBodies-300x168.jpg

Yeah, I'm in college. I could be getting a job instead of this, so if you are feeling kind:

PayPal

Awesome work, and the mission is a lot of fun!

However, there are quite a few problems.

We played 5 people co-op, and no matter what parameters we tweaked, nothing changed on each restart.

- Weather setting does nothing, and weather is not synced, but that's a BI issue I guess.

- One of our guys spawned in full bluefor gear with rifle

- Accelerate time is very confusing, my watch showed 03.30, time accelerated, and then my watch showed 09.30. (And it was still dark)

- Most annoying of all, my character, and sometimes others, seem to swallow clothing. If I choose "pick up" he grabs it of the ground, doesn't change clothing, and it disapears.

(If I choose inventory, I can see the piece of clothing, but not drag it to my clothing slot)

If you can fix these issues, I swear that I will donate for a job very well done. As, despite these bugs, we had a lot of fun. :)

Awesome work, and the mission is a lot of fun!

However, there are quite a few problems.

We played 5 people co-op, and no matter what parameters we tweaked, nothing changed on each restart.

- Weather setting does nothing, and weather is not synced, but that's a BI issue I guess.

- One of our guys spawned in full bluefor gear with rifle

- Accelerate time is very confusing, my watch showed 03.30, time accelerated, and then my watch showed 09.30. (And it was still dark)

- Most annoying of all, my character, and sometimes others, seem to swallow clothing. If I choose "pick up" he grabs it of the ground, doesn't change clothing, and it disapears.

(If I choose inventory, I can see the piece of clothing, but not drag it to my clothing slot)

If you can fix these issues, I swear that I will donate for a job very well done. As, despite these bugs, we had a lot of fun. :)

Clothing issues are centered around the restrictions put in place by BIS. Blufor can't wear opfor clothes, civilian can't wear blufor or opfor, and etc etc. I don't think it's something I can change.

Hey man, thanks a bunch for making this. I'm especially interested in your goal of integrating the random personal information into the game, and making it usable as useful information.

I do have a question and a possible issue however. The question is: what is the 'chase range' of the zombies? Do they follow you forever (it seems so)? Or do they despawn if you put enough space between them and you?

The issue is that if you spawn without a weapon then there are issues with picking up weapons off the ground. Grabbing them from an object doesnt seem to be a problem however.

Clothing issues are centered around the restrictions put in place by BIS. Blufor can't wear opfor clothes, civilian can't wear blufor or opfor, and etc etc. I don't think it's something I can change.

It could be fixed by replacing Blufor/Opfor units in the mission.sqm with civilian units and still leaving their side relation in tact.

Hi,

you've made a great Mission type for Arma 3.

I have only one thing. Please keep your mission versioning clean. There are many confusing version information on different sites (Armaholic, Steam Workshop, your site).

This is really confusing me.

THX forward

Err, we've waited for 10 minutes for FPS counter to go up from 2... nope. We had to shut down server and pick a different mission.

THOSE WHO VENTURE HERE.
DZS is broken, long dead. Find a zombie sandbox elsewhere, if possible...
Good luck.

THOSE WHO VENTURE HERE.

DZS is broken, long dead. Find a zombie sandbox elsewhere, if possible...

Ravage not good enough?

Hi all, 

After far too long I'm returning to work on this and get it released on steam with a working version! Fixed a few of the fatal errors and working on getting out a hotfix this week. 

-Craig

• Like 2

Good Evening!

DZS has finally been updated after years of inactivity. It now runs quite well on the latest version of ARMA 3 with all DLC (yup, go-carts spawn alongside the KAMAZ). 

Quick changelog:

1. Fixed fatal error caused by ARMA 3 platform updates
2. Zombies now will attack sooner after mission start, grab a vehicle fast!
3. Zombies now have blood on their clothes
4. Fixed many non-fatal errors causing log overflow
5. Fixed startup sequence to ensure the mission loads properly every time

As always, download at the Steam workshop:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176185661

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yay! What  blast from the past! DZS was the pioneer zombie SP/MP mission when ArmA3 was still Beta! Thanks, Craig, for  unearthing this undying Classic (all puns intended) =D

Edit: Craig, you´ve managed to Necro´d your own thread, kudos for that (and bringing back DZS, Cheers!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1