• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Tay-uk

Tay-uk

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Since the official Ironfront forums are down I have taken the liberty of creating a new fan forum for the purposes of continued Ironfront discussion.
Feel free to use them as you would have the official forum.

Links to Gunters Mission Repsitory and to these BIS forums are also on the site.

The forum also includes a chatroom, so things can be discussed live with other forum users.

Ironfront Fans Forum

I hope it proves of use to fellow Ironfront fans.

Thanks

Tay-uk

(p.s. I am still hoping the official ones come back on-line)

#2 .kju -PvPscene-

.kju -PvPscene-

Brigadier General

• Members
  • 12275 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Just curious - so dont get me wrong and kudos to your efforts.

Why not just use this forum?

Current active projects: None :(

Maintained/assisted projects: IFA3, Blitzkrieg

Help: Got a crash? Report it! What is the RPT log file?

#3 Tay-uk

Tay-uk

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Good question and I can only answer it for myself, I just feel more comfortable in my own home to speak, as good as these forums are, (and I use them often as i am also an ARMA player) they are not dedicated to Ironfront. My hope is to try and get back to something similar to what we had not 7 days ago, where the official forums were a place to go for us to call home ;) besides, the new forum has a chat feature, which is nice.
But then again all the above is just what I think, if it takes off, great, if not then so be it.

(without the official forum I feel like I've lost an arm, I am just trying to grow it back :) )

Edited by Tay-uk, 02 March 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#4 Jinzor

Jinzor

Sergeant

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'd rather just use this forum tbh:

1. All the sub-forums are already laid out, similar to the AWAR/X1 IF44 forums.

2. The BIStudios IF44 forum is just part of a larger forum; the rest of the BI community is here discussing ArmA II/OA/ArmA III/ToH, they can come in here freely as well.

3. The BIStudio forums already have a lot of activity and a lot of active moderators.

There's no point making yet another when there are already three different ones; Deep Silver IF44 forums, AWAR/X1 IF44 forums (which are now down, not sure if they will come back) and then this one. It'll split the community even more.

#5 .kju -PvPscene-

.kju -PvPscene-

Brigadier General

• Members
  • 12275 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

cheers. in my view you make a lot of good points Tay-uk. if one has a good community and moderators, a separate place makes it somewhat special and more comfortable.
personally i am not a fan of the BIF - especially not the concentration, but I gave up and am no longer will to spend the time trying establish our own PvP forum.

Current active projects: None :(

Maintained/assisted projects: IFA3, Blitzkrieg

Help: Got a crash? Report it! What is the RPT log file?

#6 OMAC

OMAC

CWR² Mission Developer

• Members
  • 2090 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

There's no point making yet another when there are already three different ones; Deep Silver IF44 forums, AWAR/X1 IF44 forums (which are now down, not sure if they will come back) and then this one. It'll split the community even more.

I agree. We need cohesion to make finding info easier. The situation is confusing enough as it is.

#7 Tay-uk

Tay-uk

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

I appreciate your views, but I have created this forum as a replacement for the one that is no longer there and for the reason I have stated above. I for one don't appreciate the rug being pulled for under me without so much as a word of warning as is the case with the official forums.
I am no online community expert, but in all honesty I can't see any reason why this would split a community, I have always used the official forums, and in most instances had this forum opened and the armaholic forums opened at the same time trying to find information that I may want, It has never been a problem.

Edited by Tay-uk, 02 March 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#8 W0lle

W0lle

Lieutenant Colonel

• Members
  • 8235 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

No forum expert? Well then you sooner or later will have a lot of "fans" posting there. I'm just not sure if it's the sort of posts you would prefer to have. :)

#9 Tay-uk

Tay-uk

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

I almost agree with you Wolle, and your point taken, but I'll take my chances in the cut throat world of the gaming forum for now.
The new forums are not quite at the stage of "have you tried the search feature?, thread locked and scheduled for deletion" yet, but all being well there may be a time :)

#10 W0lle

W0lle

Lieutenant Colonel

• Members
  • 8235 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Sounds like a fun place, guess everyone can do as he please then. I heard from people that they prefer a streamlined forum where not every day another "how I make a paradrop" thread appears.

But your forum, your call. Good luck with it.

(6) No Piracy* -You must not post links to illegal downloads or copyrighted material such as movies and music.

That IF44 logo in the banner... uhmmm you may think about that again. Just sayin'

#11 OMAC

OMAC

CWR² Mission Developer

• Members
  • 2090 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yes, I also wish the best of luck to you and your new forums, Tay-uk! :)

#12 Tay-uk

Tay-uk

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

That logo can be changed no problem, but since it was freely available on the internet I will wait until I am officialy asked to remove it, at that point I shall change it no problem. I am however glad your taking an interest though, you are helping no end. But what I am not so sure about is why your taking such a high horse stance to the whole issue, I think I get it, you don't like the idea?
Besides don't you have enough work moderating this forum? no need to concern yourself with the new one.

Edited by Tay-uk, 02 March 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#13 -EVO- Dan

-EVO- Dan

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1262 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

I probably wont be joining, I have had it with IF now and have uninstalled it. The lack of support and dev silence has annoyed me too much. If you still need scripting help, feel free to PM me here though.
My custom missions:
TOH - COOP5 Operation Pegasus http://forums.bistud...eration-Pegasus
TOH - COOP Convoy attack (both Hinds and stock versions) http://forums.bistud...O-Convoy-Attack
A2CO Multi-mission Template http://forums.bistud...048#post2182048
Basic Vehicle respawn script (A3 Alpha) http://forums.bistud...272#post2389272

[EVO] Multigaming Clan is recuiting at ts3.evoclan.net

#14 Jinzor

Jinzor

Sergeant

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Dan;2309132']I probably wont be joining, I have had it with IF now and have uninstalled it. The lack of support and dev silence has annoyed me too much. If you still need scripting help, feel free to PM me here though.

I don't think I'll be joining either. I've given up on my plans for that D-Day Campaign for IF44. AWAR/X1 can go fornicate themselves, I'm moving to I44 to do my WWII-setting missions/campaigns, like I knew I should have done months ago.

#15 W0lle

W0lle

Lieutenant Colonel

• Members
  • 8235 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Public discussion about how we moderate the forums here removed, also irrelevant posts about the engine.

Stay on topic or leave the thread, easy eh?

#16 raptor90

raptor90

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Public discussion about how we moderate the forums here removed, also irrelevant posts about the engine.

Stay on topic or leave the thread, easy eh?

Become a "Internet Forum Moderator" and feel the really...

#17 Bobcat26

Bobcat26

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Thanks Tay-UK,,, I'm There !

#18 Tay-uk

Tay-uk

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Glad to have you aboad Major :)

#19 Mateush

Mateush

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

I am not their member but i am very close to the very IF developers - AWAR, the sad truth is that the Iron Front has been canceled by investor. Everybody just has been forbidden to talk about it. I dont know why has such decission been made, but i know that the whole AWAR team is very sad about it as they put many years of their lifes into its development and managed to build fantastic community. They were and still are very happy for every player who enjoyed their game. But not all future is dark as AWAR is working on a differend project, differend game, and i have faith that their future is bright.

#20 NoRailgunner

NoRailgunner

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • 4688 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Guess the publisher canceled any official further work on IF because the release was too buggy and "only patching" doesn't make money/profit.... One could ask why they need to do it so silently - just afraid of mistrust and falling sales?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users