Lenyoga

Operation SHOCK (Full Mod + Campaign)

Downloading! I just hope I will not be lost because I have never played System Shock :)

I think it's no issue, the intro explains the background a bit. The more detailed stat system, etc., aren't explained, though ... maybe I should have put that in the readme.

Anyway, big release party down at McDonnellzzz tonight >>> https://soundcloud.com/radock/the-facebook-of-sex

OK, I gave it a try and... What the hell is that? :) Really, visual style is so detached from what we know from OFP and it's mods, that one could believe it's another game. I am amazed and astonished by what You've created. I haven't finished the mission yet, but there are some things I'd like to point out:

Spoiler Attack!

-> In the intro the story background infos dissappear a little too fast (that "year logs", or how it should be called)

-> Virtual training parts lack a little more typical "do that". I mean: in first training (and two other) voice says "there's an equipment on the table and a target in front of you" but it doesn't tell you what to do actually. And there's no confirmation that you've done your job. While shooting training is a no-brainer, the hacking training could have some more instruction/narration (I don't know if I've ever hacked the damn thing - even after getting "hacking completed" I still have "hack turret" option in action menu).

-> Also I don't know what to do in the rest of the mission (I've chose the Marine path) - after I found the gun and destroyed the turret, some crazy robot kamikaze runs at me from out of nowhere and takes most of my HP, which makes me die on the next opponent.

Also, it'd be great if "normal" OFP missions/campaigns were not visible in menu - however that's impossible AFAIK.

The UI changes are just gorgeous, sounds/voices & music outstanding (except the reloading sound), the units/objects have top quality!

It fits together so god damn well that I would almost forget that I am playing OFP!

I just cannot complete the mission... seems like Psi is the worst choice for beginning but I like hard & atmospheric missions ;)

Edit: I am also not sure if I understand the hacking properly :/

@krzychuzokecia - just create new folder inside Missions e.g. /Missions/OperationShock

Edited by Akvadakar

I agree with what has been said above by krzychuzokecia in the spoiler.

That's by far the most innovative mod i ever played in OFP :cylon:

there are some things I'd like to point out

Excellent points; I've taken them on my "to do" list as they stand - especially the VR simulation part, that'll need an extended part for an explanation of the MFD system, too. Thanks!

The UI changes are just gorgeous, sounds/voices & music outstanding (except the reloading sound), the units/objects have top quality!

It fits together so god damn well that I would almost forget that I am playing OFP!

I just cannot complete the mission... seems like Psi is the worst choice for beginning but I like hard & atmospheric missions ;)

Edit: I am also not sure if I understand the hacking properly :/

Thanks! Reloading sounds ... I knew I forgot something. And you're right, Psi is the suicide choice -

It's only doable if you either upgrade one skill point in tech and hack security or outrun the last turret while spending the last few precious drops of Psi on healing

I agree with what has been said above by krzychuzokecia in the spoiler.

That's by far the most innovative mod i ever played in OFP :cylon:

Thanks! I'll make use of that emoticon from now on...

(except the reloading sound)

Agreed, these sound generic, and stand out from the awesome* rest.

@krzychuzokecia - just create new folder inside Missions e.g. /Missions/OperationShock

Yup, I know, but I meant to make all the OFP missions dissappear, so they won't show in the menus. My point is that when I'm opening mission list to play the OSh demo I can see that overview pictures of other missions, and they don't fit the theme, kind of remembering me that is still good ole' Flashpoint. :cylon:

*And I mean awesome like it was before the Internet kids: awe-inspiring.

Really great stuff. It really feels like I'm panting and sweating while I run through her corridors... but in OFP!

Some weirdness I've found:

- Some Aphex Twin demon made it to your mod: http://i.imgur.com/gMpDVHG.png

- "This is not a shotgun": http://i.imgur.com/qs2y5Ma.png

Regardless, great job!

Hm, the Aphex Twin thing shouldn't happen ... no idea what happened there, it should be a standard Resistance female face! And the second thing looks like a problem caused by saving and retrying - sometimes magazine and weapon objects don't work anymore, texture animations vanish, etc. I didn't find any good workaround for this yet.

Yep, that blurry head texture is quite puzzling. Looks like the face texture isn't pre loaded...

Great stuff, you made a different game out of OFP. Who would have thought in-door environments could work so well in OFP? Your mod proves it's more than doable. :)

One of those 'game changer' mods alongside Veni Vidi, WH40K, Lega Warz, Lost World, Star Gate, Legend of Madness, ect. It could also serve as template for potential future mods. A Star Wars themed mod for OFP simply must happen... ;)

Yep, that blurry head texture is quite puzzling.

I do not have that bug.

I just do not see model for the Psi weapon & its "ironsights" during the mission (I see it in tutorial though - even the cool "ironsights") - I have empty hands (but animated so they look like they hold the weapon) but I can shoot/heal.

One suggestion - maybe it would be better to remove the "PutDown" animation when you take things from the floor - so you take it instantly without animation?

This is at the very begining? I haven't had this bug.

Yep, at the beginning...do you use OFP or ArmA:CWA ?

ARMA: CWA for me and I do not see that bug.

That's weird. I can't remember if i save/reload before or after the bug.

I do not have that bug.

I just do not see model for the Psi weapon & its "ironsights" during the mission (I see it in tutorial though - even the cool "ironsights") - I have empty hands (but animated so they look like they hold the weapon) but I can shoot/heal.

One suggestion - maybe it would be better to remove the "PutDown" animation when you take things from the floor - so you take it instantly without animation?

The Aphex Twin bug is still a mystery for me too, I didn't manage to get that one in OFP or CWA so far. I'm not sure what might cause the preloading of that texture to fail, but I'll see if some of the more stupid solutions I had in mind might work. The problem with the disappearing weapons happened to me too, after reloading in the game. I need to see if there's a fix for magazine/weapon holders that have been placed before the reload, I'll probably have to write a script that checks all the pickups just after each reload and places them again, if necessary. I'll add an official bug list soon.

I thought about removing the pickup animation, but didn't get to do it yet - it would make sense and seem more coherent than the current system - it's now on the "to do" list too! For now, I need to go to war. With my bed. In a non-sexual way.

The hours of Blender tutorials are paying off. No more messy texturing and imprecise 3d modelling. The pistol is already done and finished, along with sights.

TalonPistol_Blender_zpsxsoqqkfo.jpg

:eek: Will this replace th current one? Looks marvelous. Though I liked previous one because it had that USP-feeling to it (this one is more Walterish P99-ish). Anyway, I wish I could find some spare time to learn how to model and texture! :D

(BTW: Have anyone finished demo mission?)

:eek: Will this replace th current one? Looks marvelous. Though I liked previous one because it had that USP-feeling to it (this one is more Walterish P99-ish). Anyway, I wish I could find some spare time to learn how to model and texture! :D

Yes, this is gonna be the new model for the pistol. Shotgun and assault rifle have been remade too, now it's just the fusion cannon that's missing.

gunsNew_zpsux2xxcyk.jpg

(all posted images below 100 kb)

Nice work Lenyoga.Some really good quality models there.Looks like the study has indeed paid off.

:)

If I had more 3D modeling knowledge I'd already ask you if I could (miss)use your mod for recreating some Doom levels in OFP... ;)

Keep up the good work, this is shaping up to be one of the more interesting OFP mods.

Oh man. Those are nice! I'd ask for your help on making weapons and characters for my mod, but you seem busy with this masterpiece! Well done!

Oh man. Those are nice! I'd ask for your help on making weapons and characters for my mod, but you seem busy with this masterpiece! Well done!

If I was free-er, I'd definitely join in! I'm just really getting into Blender and optimizing my workflow. Modding, customer service and music sadly take their time and toll on my minds, though. I'm stabbing my knee with a steak knife as I'm typing this.

Fusion cannon is finished! Sounds and FX will be reworked, then I'll probably move on the the units and the issues in the demo mission itself.

fcannonWellDone_zpswmzlpcdj.jpg

(all posted images below 100 kb)

Again.Great work.Lots of nice detail without going bananas on the polycount.

So the small display to the left,visually updates the ammo count,yes?

About the blue green area.You could use Blender to paint some of the glow colour

onto the surrounding area.It's a cheap way to sell the illusion of a light source.

:)