Sign in to follow this  
Leaulux

ARMA 3 OPFOR Discussion Thread

I think the scenario is quite realistic now, well more so that the original idea of almost all of mainland Europe having been taken over, and I like the fact that the sides are quite even means we can go back to conventional warfare without a focus on counter insurgency.

I mean I think the idea of Iran doing all of this is debatable but plausible, but I do hope that BIstudio include other faction in the future on the NATO side, like British, German, French and maybe Italy armed forces which are probably 4 of the main European Powers who would be involved in the war; and also other factions on Irans side aswell.

Just out of interest what happened to Akrotiri and Dhekelia on Cyprus, what happend to the 7,000 British soldiers stationed there?

Edited by Babur

Just out of interest what happened to Akrotiri and Dhekelia on Cyprus, what happend to the 7,000 British soldiers stationed there?

That's a good question. Maybe economic issues forced military cutbacks, and they had to pull a portion of them from the island? Therefore allowing the OpFor to capture it, or circumnavigate it?

Fun what if! Can't wait for the maps people will make, maybe someone will make one based on Cyprus!

Edited by Shtebbie
Spelling error

is it true, in arma 3, blufor is no longer identifiably american, but a generic nato entity?

is it true, in arma 3, blufor is no longer identifiably american, but a generic nato entity?

In the Alpha, they are only going to be called "BLUFOR" and since the NATO doesn't consist only of the USA, they won't all wear US flags :)

No word on that. Jay mentioned that for the Alpha the factions are reduced to Blufor and Ofpor status, but I guess it's for testing purposes.

Damn you Pure!

Maybe something like ArmA 2

BLUFOR (NATO) -> US / UK / DE...

When was Blufor ever even just American, in ARMA 2 its was a force containing any faction that was supposedly allied (such as America, Britain, Germany etc...) the same as Opfor (Russia, Takistan etc...), but as I understand it at the moment the Blufor side only contains the American Armed Forces (I want my British Soldiers :( ) and I hope if other Forces are added they show the change in equipment, weapons, uniform and don't just have a generic appearances or a unified list of equipment and weapons (I want diversity :) )

But it is only at alpha :).

id like to see korea or china on american soil. maybe pushing into cali or texas(oil) or northern mexico, there is mountians, desert, city. could be some cool maps. imagine a city battle within skyscrapers. giggity

Edited by strych9
spelling

what'd make a cooler campaign intro? cia black uber secret ninja frogmen ops running 2 ship sdv operation deep into enemy territory on intel gatering, halo insertion, or a little r and r with the principle cast of characters during the clam before the storm, like in operation flashpoint.

also, leader of resistance might be a woman

Edited by johncage

Is there released any background story or simliar concerning the OpFor other than they are from Iran...? Because i tried to look around but couldn't dig anything up...

Edited by Lone.Wolf
typo

Pictures Acquired and added to OP

Edited by Leaulux

OP Updated with new Pictures.

So what do you guys think so far of the OPFOR Faction? I really am enjoying how menacing they look with their "Insectoid" Headgear and their arms/underarmor look very Reptilian with the Scales/Pattern used by Bohemia Interactive.

In the future I hope that we see individual Factions instead of just "OPFOR" that represents every enemy soldier in the world.

I've been loving playing with them so far. Since it seems most of their vehicles ad weapons are (thankfully) being replaced I'm wondering what BI will replace the Namer with...

I don't mind, the KH is a lot cooler than the TAR in my opinion and the Ifrit looks amazing. Most importantly it leaves hope that OpFor will get a real fighter instead of a L-159 trainer!