Sign in to follow this  
slatts

The boozer!

Let´s see who knows what this is

Disgusting is what it is. ;)

Disgusting is what it is. ;)

It was said the some people became blind in the XIXth century after drinking too much of it ("green poison"). Now the level of THC has been greatly reduced for modern versions :madtongue:

Gotta say, not a big fan of gin.

Ordered a bottle of Desperado that boota mentioned, hope it goes down well ;)

Desperado is one of my favourite bottled drinks, drank it alot when i was a student. Which also meant some nights ended up been a blur ;). But other than that i do like my Jack Daniels and Coca-Cola :)

It was said the some people became blind in the XIXth century after drinking too much of it ("green poison"). Now the level of THC has been greatly reduced for modern versions :madtongue:

Yeah some researchers bought a few samples from this time. They found out that people didn´t go blind because of THC but because of bad alcohol

Yeah some researchers bought a few samples from this time. They found out that people didn´t go blind because of THC but because of bad alcohol

There is no THC in absinthe - the active chemical is Thujone

That's what they thought until recently, but has since been disproved:

After absinthe was banned, research dropped off until the 1970s when the British scientific journal Nature published an article comparing the molecular shape of thujone to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the primary psychoactive substance found in cannabis (marijuana), and hypothesized it would act the same way on the brain, sparking the myth that thujone was a cannabinoid.

Refer to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thujone

Based on studies that looked only at molecular shape, for many years thujone was thought to act similarly to THC on the cannabinoid receptors, however this has since been proven false

It is a fantastic drink in general, both in terms of what it consists of, how its been produced over the years and the whole ceremony behind it. My local bar has a small collection of absinthe varieties/brands and a stunning glass fountain for the occasion - spent a few too many nights there with my friend the bar tender tasting our way through their selection.

Not at ALL *lmao*

Abused both substances in the past, with widely differing results between the two.

I´ve learned to no longer drink absinthe in company of other people because it somehow makes my brain flip to stoneage-mode.

Not cool - yet, it tastes so damn good :pet3:

edit: Same color, different taste, no stoneage mode - majorcas finest: Hierbas!

17155273.jpg

Available in 3 different flavours (sweet, normal, dry).

In germany you can usually only find the normal (which is fine) and sweet (which is shit).

Edited by Mr Burns

Local brews, I love them. Best way to keep the local markets and producers in the business :)

Black Hope. Black India Pale Ale Beer. Brewed by small brewing company Alebrowar. A bit pricey when compared to other domestic beers (7,5 zloty ~ 1.80 Euro, still good bargain though, when compared to beer prices in other countries ;) ) These guys make beers from quality and selected products and their beers have listed every ingredient. This one has..

Malt: Pale Ale, wheat malt, vienna, Carapils, Caramunich, Carafa

Hops: Simcoe, Chinook, Citra, Cascade, Palisade

IBU: 60

http://i.imgur.com/4pTq39D.jpg

Wow was it? Great! Never had a black IPA before .Excellent long lasting foam head. The taste is pretty complex but easy to catch on every stage. At first it has a roasted stouty malt taste and then bam! A taste of grapefruit comes from behind with hoppy bitterness on the swallow. Wow. The taste is long lasting.

Check out their website to learn more. It's in English. Last week I had "Rowing Jack" from this brewery. IPA beer style. Light, slightly grassy taste with the explosion of bitter citrus taste and hoppy waterfall going down your throat ;) I had several OMG moments when tried it for the first time.

http://www.alebrowar.pl/en/piwa/

And this is what I had in last week. Local Polish beers + two Czech's :)

http://i.imgur.com/cUOshP5.jpg

What brews would go with Arma3? ;)

Slatts, when you say "feck", I can't help but think of Mrs Brown, LOL

Is there still opiate based Ouzo out there?

I prefer beer to spirits, though I have had some strange and tasty stuff. Gammel Dansk is one.

I live less than a 1/4 mile from the Caines brewery, yet havent had any, lol. I prefer the products of Wychwood brewery. Hobgoblin is nice, but may leave you with a headache the next day.

Can any of our BIS or CZ friends recommend anything Czech?

Not Czech, but I really liked Schlenkerla Fastenbier. Imagine that amazing smokey smell of a fancy butchery and then imagine the beer tastes like that.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/263/21704

For a cheaper, day to day lunch beer, I liked Svijany.

http://www.pivovarsvijany.cz/

-A Seasonal BISim QA guy

The southern-american in me loves Jack Daniels, but the my Irish heritage in me loves Jameson. Its a constant battle of whiskey, but I always win regardless.

Lately

made me want to try out Mead. As I knew close to nothing about this drink, I simply went to local liquor shop and bought a bottle of ~9€ Trójniak, opened a bottle, lauched a movie and enjoyed quiet friday evening untill I realised bottle was empty and I was quite drunk for given percentage (only 13%!). Gotta try more someday, Dwojniak maybe, or Viking Blood, cherry mead sure sounds temping Edited by boota

Possibly the best mix and Skyrim and Celtic music ever and even better..it's about alcohol! :beeeers: