Sign in to follow this  
slatts

The boozer!

This is a thread to talk about, suggest and review beers, spirits and wines. Be they well known brands, new beers or local ones to your country that you would love others to try. Give a rating out of 10 if you wish.

Recently I had some of this for the first time. http://api.ning.com/files/oTlWvhTWsv-BMk0SQze0aPhRt5okrsj7xzRIEN-l2KAzPDkly6e7T2dNJk*5U*HAdMbF2AuR56tafAT05IAtDTS3nwSeP1ys/guinness_black_lager.jpg

Best described as a lager with a roasted barley giving it a slight taste of Guinness and an Coca Cola like colour. It is very smooth and easy to drink and taste simply great. If you enjoy any lager and/or Guinness then this is a nice change up. If you can get your hands on a few bottles I highly recommend it!

8/10

:beeeers:

120322112219bpicurl.jpg_150x380.jpg

Artemovsk KrimSekt

Don´t buy the import stuff, try to get the original (should look like above).

cheap alcohol

Giesler Kölsch!

It´s main advantage: being cheaper than the very tasty Gaffel Kölsch.

Still giving it a 7/10 because its a local brand, also it didn´t give me a headache this morning!

After the 5th bottle every beer tastes the same anyway :811:

beer_39002.jpg

For an awesome Gin+Tonic, I recommend Hendrick's Dry Gin:

hendricks-gin-41-70cl-.jpg

Bombay Sapphire is a close second. :D

Feck..it's 3 in the afternoon and I feel like swapping tea for beer :D

Or Irish coffee ;)

Well i'm more into red wine, but that must be connected to my genes. But my body prefers beers (not stout though).

Edited by ProfTournesol

Or Irish coffee ;)

Well i'm more into red wine, but that must be connected to my genes. But my body prefers beers (not stout though).

Hate Irish coffee, the 2nd worst thing we exported from here after Jedward. (Sorry world)

My alcohol is tea...

Actually... I do not drink alchohol at all D: never did never will but my friends are saying that our fine polish beer "Tyskie" is good xd

Damn, Guinness Draught is at least 3x more expensive than the normal beer here in germany :O

Send some over plz :3

Recently moved house out of a big town into the countryside, have been used to lagers such as fosters becks ect, fortuneatly the pub is 30 yards from my front door a nice countryside pub, on tap none of the usual. Tried this pictured below for the first time on tap:

2945852608_beb40ce0a7.jpg

For me it was quality great taste nothing to strong, very smooth easy to knock back....very easy :D 9/10

Barman recommended Saxon as similar to fosters, but wasnt the best seemed rather flat!

6/10

What I drink when I´m in GB

449px-Jameson_LABEL.jpg

Quite good to end a long day, or after having a meal.

7/10

What do I drink... Beers from small regional breweries, Whisky, some Polish Vodka once in a while. Not big fan of wine though, but If I drink any that would be homemade speciality of my mother - blue grape wine made from grapes raised by her in the garden. I like German Rhein wines too :)

Another things are... Tinctures - homemade macerations of different ingredients in spirit (for example... cherry, quince, lemon, ginger, walnuts). There are different kinds and recipes and each ingredient has it's own properties. For example walnut, caraway herbal or quince tinctures are very good for digestion problems, while ginger or horseradish tinctures are best medicines for cold. Tinctures are very popular in Poland and have been in use as medicines since centuries. Very easy to make. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nalewka

My every day whisky recommendation would be Teachers Highland Cream. That's old style Scotch whisky with very high single malt content over 40%! We get a really smooth, malty taste at 'normal' price.

72464937.jpg

My boozie of choice is Desperados, tequilla-flavoured lager from France. When it comes to stronger things, it's either Żubrówka, or Finlandia (my girl can't stand Zubrówka...).

Also every year I make some homemade wine (no concentrate, only real fruits), trying to make something different every year, last year it was cherry, this year blackcurrant

If you want something different and something you will allways remember:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5MuKYy5qwaqiy7wWxbIHfl-QZgg5rHd_JW4jtAU1EjE2aB7qO1qHsjE4

Aarlborg Akvavit! (keep it in the freezer)

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

tequilla flavoured lager....oooh that sounds nice, will have to look for some.

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Can any of our BIS or CZ friends recommend anything Czech?

Can any of our BIS or CZ friends recommend anything Czech?

The cheapest beer sold at the Kiosk in front of Naskove #3 IDEA Games HQ is awesome! The best (&only original) CZ beer i've ever had :D

Gotta say, not a big fan of gin.

Ordered a bottle of Desperado that boota mentioned, hope it goes down well ;)

Real men drink only Spirytus Rektifikowany 96% (aka Poland Strikes Back) :D