BETA v0.1 RELEASED 1/1/2013
[table="width: 500, align: center"]
This simple add-on provides the British Army Bowman Radio System for use with British Armed Forces units and vehicles. Using the ACRE system, API and code base this addon can be dropped into any mod folder deemed appropriate. Fully compatible with ACRE of course! ACRE is required.
* Three Man Pack ACRE Radios and Three Portable ACRE Radios all with fully functioning GUI
UK/PRC-343 Personal Role Radio (v1.4)
UK/PRC-CLR 2W Commanders Lightweight Radio (Harris 7800S-TR)
UK/PRC-354 5W VHF portable radio
UK/PRC-325 15W HF man pack radio (Harris 5800H-MP - similar to PRC117f)
UK/PRC-355 5W man pack radio
UK/PRC-356 16W man pack radio
* One Airborne ACRE Radio
UK/ARC-341 10W VHF airborne radio for air-ground communication (40W amplification)
* BAF, UKF and VCB Vehicles now contain rack mounts and already included radios!
UK/VRC-357 (UK/PRC-355/356 Vehicle Mounts)
UK/VRC-358 (UK/PRC-356 Vehicle Rack (20W))
UK/VRC-359 (UK/PRC-356 Vehicle Rack (50W))
RT/1744 (UK/ARC-341 Airborne Radio (40W) in the Merlin/Chinook/Wildcat /Harrier)
* Dynamic lighting effects on dialog including
Dialog is darker when experiencing low light levels
Dialog includes NVG effect to maintain immersion
Back-lit LED display to enable in low-light environments
* Fully functioning Bowman GUI
Select from 10 preset channels
Select 10 different ComSec keys to secure comms
Select power range
View GPS information
View Time information
Turn radio on or off
* Increased/realistic pack capacities/weights for man pack radios
* UI is only working correctly with 16:9 aspect ratio, 16:10 is slightly off, 4:3 and 5:4 suffer from vertical offset - working on fixing this
* Dynamic lighting isn't always quite correct level of lighting
* Man pack and radio models not included yet
All CREDIT to Nou, Jaynus and the rest of the ACRE team for an awesome mod. The code is covered by the IDI/ACRE copyright and EULA.
Thanks to Red, Friznit, Gunny, OREX and VCB for testing/technical advice
* CBA - Community Base Addons (not included)
* JayArmA2Lib (Included with ACRE)
* ACRE v1.4
* NOTE this does NOT replace or affect any current ACRE radios
* Unzip folder into your root Arma 2 folder
* Files are installed into @Bowman folder
* TUP.bikey provided for MP server play
* Can be found here
* Please post any issues to this thread.
* You should note that the radios often require line of sight so please don't post if you are having radio transmission/reception issues etc. Check the documentation for expected ranges (and note these are maximums in best possible conditions with the highest power settings, correct frequencies and line of sight)
* You can download Bowman Radio System v0.1 Beta here
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Edited by Tupolov, 01 January 2013 - 11:49.