Sign in to follow this  
shinkicker

Bulldozer failing to start

On my third clean install here and cannot set Oxygen 2 to launch Buldozer.

Every time I attempt to start Buldozer I get "No entry for .CfgWorld"

yI9iT.png

My options appear to be set up right.

I have the latest version installed '2.5.1'

My P Drive is present and working well from what I can see. This is where Buldozer is (as a result of the default install).

Here are my options:

q7015.png

My P Drive:

http://i.imgur.com/DMksl.png > 100KB

The nearest I have found to solution is someone said to check if there is a config.bin in the bin folder. I only have a config.cpp, but there is no other mention about where to get this file from?

I am can't of stuck now and keen to try modeling, but this is just not wanting to happen right now, so any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Max Power

edit, sorry, see you confirmed 2.51

How did you get the CA folder made?

Any chance you overwrote data in the BIN, DTA & CORE folders?

Did you change the .cfg file?

-----------

Dozens of Buldozer threads, just thread title search "buldozer" in ArmA1 and ArmA2 editing

Edited by [APS]Gnat

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems, shinkicker, but please keep your images under 100 KB. Thank you.

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

Hi Gnat,

I used the armap script on devheaen which auto finds your install and un'PBO's everyt

I did try replacing the BIN folder to remedy the issue, but no luck. I took the bin.pbo and extracted it (using cpbo) to the root of my P drive.

Gnat;2251313']edit' date=' sorry, see you confirmed 2.51

How did you get the CA folder made?

Any chance you overwrote data in the BIN, DTA & CORE folders?

Did you change the .cfg file?

-----------

Dozens of Buldozer threads, just thread title search "buldozer" in ArmA1 and ArmA2 editing[/quote']

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

ok, narrowed it down now. It starts fine with a clean P drive, its once I have run Arma2P.2.5.1 that it starts to complain and crash out. Would that be a corrupted file in ca/*.pbo?

Maybe someone here can explain the full actions ArmA2P does .......

But what I would do based on your recent info.

Start with the clean P and before using ArmA2P I'd protect all your directories like Core, DTA, Bin but renaming something like Xcore, xDTA etc

If I remember correctly theres only ROADS in the CA directory at this early stage. They should need protecting as they shouldn't be causing the issue. If its more than Roads, maybe protect those with a rename also.

Then run ArmA2P

Now check if you have new DTA, Bin, Core etc directories. If you do, try renaming them to zDTA, zBin etc then grab your original xDTA etc and rename back to original.

Check in the CA directory for something similar.

Hopefully that keeps Buldozer working.

aram2ptool if i have made a island and used this and the beta patch then you have to clean and re install bi tools 2.5.1 then arma2ptool 2.5.1 or the island wont open for you it has to see the beta if used in original creation of island set up i have passed islands to mates to get started and this is why they couldn't open it un till they were on the same level as I was with beta and arma2ptool

you should end up with many folders in the ca folder the whole game sits in there model wise in, there should be 3-4 other folders data core docs and a wrp folder for config files you need to place in your terrain folder of bin.pbo to work doors and ladders on buildings

Gnat;2252171']Maybe someone here can explain the full actions ArmA2P does .......

But what I would do based on your recent info.

Start with the clean P and before using ArmA2P I'd protect all your directories like Core' date=' DTA, Bin but renaming something like Xcore, xDTA etc

If I remember correctly theres only ROADS in the CA directory at this early stage. They should need protecting as they shouldn't be causing the issue. If its more than Roads, maybe protect those with a rename also.

Then run ArmA2P

Now check if you have new DTA, Bin, Core etc directories. If you do, try renaming them to zDTA, zBin etc then grab your original xDTA etc and rename back to original.

Check in the CA directory for something similar.

Hopefully that keeps Buldozer working.[/quote']

Thanks you so much!

That was it.

I don't know why, but ArmA2P was deleting the 'core' directory,

> if exist p:\core (rmdir /s/q p:\core )

EDIT: Just noted your also the guys whose tutorials I am following, You should sleep well tonight knowing you helped some limey on his way to using oxygen 2 :)

Edited by shinkicker