2 replies to this topic
Covert_Death
Covert_Death

Corporal

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:39 #1

has anyone upgraded to an FX-8350?????

I'm really curious to see how it performs with ArmA2! i just ordered one the other day to replace my PII x4 955 @ 4.0Ghz.

also really anticipating to see how the multithreading is in arma3

DualJoe
DualJoe

Sergeant

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:55 #2

Depends on your videocard.

Prices are ridiculously low, it's the same as my fx8120 was when I bought it. Evenso if my fx8120 has no problem whatsoever keeping up with my GTX560TI, you should probably be fine performance wise in Arma2.

I looked at the benchmarks at Phoronix and I'm getting tempted to upgrade for those prices, eventhough I'm not having any performance issues.

Ever wanted an improved sea-shader on high detail terrain?
Now's your chance.
Not only will you receive a nicer looking watersurface, but ...
you'll get this one time limited option for framerate improvement added for free!

Don't miss this oppertunity, vote now.

foxhound
foxhound

Brigadier General

• Members
  • 13533 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:38 #3

Belongs here: Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.
There is also a sticky comparisson thread in the troubleshooting section if you think that fits better.
So, more than enough threads for you to choose from, please search before posting.

And Arma 3 related discussions belongs in the Arma 3 section!
Visit Armaholic.com | Visit Carriercommandaholic.com

Developer/publisher policy of modding:
Stolen some work from others? Ported some content from another game? Feel like uploading something which is not yours or breaches someones IP or copyright? Head over to the Stolen Work Support and knock yourself out.
They happily support your activeties and will even proudly share all this questionable content through their social channels making you a famous boy......