Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ARMA 2: Community Configuration Project (A2CCP)

So by "source" you mean a showcase of/an article on how some device works that is going to be upgraded?

Like f.e. let's take AN/PEQ-2 which is what's mounted on M16s in ArmA2 (which Defunkt upgraded to work in OA)

So in its case I should add something like this video and a wiki article to the ticket as the said source?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/PEQ-2

And I doubt anyone will complain about flashlights working.

Sure, but your ticket is too generic.

Basically you say: Add IR laser and flashlights to A2 weapons, the alternative ironsights for A2 weapons

and the additional lamp to Javelin optics. Or more just: Integrate ANZINS into the CCP.

Sure at first this sounds reasonable, but it is down each weapon if the changes of ANZINS are actually justified and correct.

So yes, a wiki page, screenshot, video are meaningful sources along with specific descriptions.

Also mixing different topics in one ticket is no good either.

It is either you (guys) or me to do the work - my time to spend on the CCP is limited (also by BI).

So the first one to be done will those with the needed high quality. If or when low(er) quality ones,

will be addressed depends on how long the CCP runs and how much time is to be spent on it.

That's just the way it works. It is for you to decide if and how you want to contribute.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

This is the first time i see this thread,and i have to sa that it's very useful one ... once again ,thanks Kju :D

I think that many bugs related to configs ae already listed,i want to add that there are also bugs related to fire rates of missiles in the game ... this information is particulary hard to find on the internet.

For example : when you use the Apache 64D sodewinders in the game you will notice that you can shoot those 8 missiles at very fast rate (you can shoot 8 of them in less than 1 sec if you're fast enough),while in real life and according to a US navy pilot i have the chance to know,you can only shoot 2 of them at nearly the same time. but can't find any sources on this !

I noticed also,that in the game ,some weapons lock on things you can't see (javelin for example and saclos ones),this should be changed to allow them only to lock on things you can see (if there 's no ticket on this,i will make one).

Concerning missile warning: the A10 and SU25 should have them,what they shouldn't have is the "radar lock" warning.

@ Kju

The point in my CIT ticket (I'am Ulanthorn) is that it WORKED untill BAF was released and integrated into the 1.57 patch. The two USMC aircraft without flares is just a typical example how BIS sometimes upgrades the old stuff a bit half hearted. (All other russian and USMC units got upgraded in patches afterwards, the T-90 was the last one to get OA upgrades in 1.60) The point is: this is a feature that got broken in a patch and was nevr resored and now e have to use a MOD to fix it but this mod is not accepted by most MP servers...like most mods that fix this game.

Same with secondary sights on the black G36 rifles that worked in ArmA II 1.0 and never was reintroducedafter the problem was fixed in OA, most people simply don't play the game long enough to know what features got broken or removed instead of beeing fixed.

I just say: A.I. "chat" conversation and peport system for ArmA II units in OA...it was "fixed" by removing it in 1.54 and it never was reintroduced.

Edited by Beagle

Beagle I am not sure why it got broken, but I assume it was due engine changes to introduce better technology (features).

The CM system now requires definitions for ammo, weapon and vehicle. Probably those were not done for (all) A2 assets.

The CCP can sort this, but as said before some basic sources need to be supplied and not just a (personal?) "wishlist".

For more details on the system and config parameters see: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/12692

Overall I doubt very much BI brakes things on purpose. However you all want to see new features and improved systems too.

To me it is comprehensible why BI is focusing on their most recent game(s) or even more on their new game(s).

Of course "we all would like to see A2 content upgraded to full OA standards" (and for both to A3 eventually), but thats not easy,

a lot of work, and for many aspects not practical (as a commercial entity with limited resources and to make sure you can pay your people).

(the only solution I can see is HQ packs as DLC - workload to do them possibly outsourced to external developers)

In any case the CCP offers you (the community) a way to get the situation at least on the config level fixed and improved.

I would think it should be clear enough why the process needs to be like it is (otherwise ask for clarification).

What you make out of this opportunity, is up to you guys.

@ becubed

Best in the ticket(s). Unless the CCP gets its own subforum at some point, one thread will easily become too messy.

Stringer, Igla, Strela and RBS-70

The same as above for aerial vehicles. They can disable helicopter instantly, but sometimes even three missiles aren't enough to completely destroy them. So AI wastes lots of missiles on already disabled helicopters and it's also hard to get credit for destroying them.

MANPADS have a small warhead, and speaking about Soviet army experience in A-stan many helicopters survived one or even two hits by MANPADS missiles and landed (and then evacuated) or even were able to reach their airfields and land. Speaking about western choppers I suppose they can also survive after a single hit and at least make emergency land. The missile must explode just near the chopper to disable it. In other ways many times choppers were able to fly back to the base and return to service after some days of repair.

Edited by Spooky Lynx

kju, you are free to use my addon andy_mags if you think its suitable for this project. I give you full rights to my work.

Excellent initiative from BIS and glad that you kju is the lead on this!

andersson

@ andersson

Thanks a lot!

@ WattyWatts

Thanks for creating the tickets. I am out of business for a few days.

So dont be confused by the lack of response so far.

@ Guess Who

If you look at related, its on the list.

However atm its pretty low prio given it does only affect some, and it takes quite some effort to fix.

If you want to see it looked into quicker, the first step would be screens of all IGUI sizes (probably also with all screen ratios)..

;2250408']

@ Guess Who

If you look at related' date=' its on the list.

However atm its pretty low prio given it does only affect some, and it takes quite some effort to fix.

If you want to see it looked into quicker, the first step would be screens of all IGUI sizes (probably also with all screen ratios)..[/quote']

Thanx for clarifying. It's not high on my priority list; I just didn't notice it on the list because that list is huge!

Dev-Heaven Ticket

I don't know if this a bug or a missing definition at all but it's one of those "Seems like an unfinished feature"-things.

In ArmA you can hear the sound of your gun centered at all times, no matter what direction you're looking at.

Lets say, I'm shooting in front of me and while shooting I take a look to the right.

In reality, I'd obviously hear my gun from the left, in ArmA however the sound stays centered.

"Fixing" this would be great.

Btw: Thanks for your offer!

Edited by LAxemann

Please check: CCP: 2012-11-09 Test version release

Especially to see the first batch integrated into the next beta patch and everything in the upcoming 1.63,

it is vital to have as many people test and confirm the changes.

If beta or far worse the full patch ends up with issues due to the CCP, BI won't be happy. :(

;2250864']Please check: CCP: 2012-11-09 Test version release

Especially to see the first batch integrated into the next beta patch and everything in the upcoming 1.63' date='

it is vital to have as many people test and confirm the changes.

If beta or far worse the full patch ends up with issues due to the CCP, BI won't be happy. :([/quote']

- OLD: T90 is a paper tank ... a lot of tickets about this on CIT.You can find everywhere on the net that T90 sustained 7 RPG hits during tests.

- Fix KH29, it just goes straight on locked targets,you need to look at the target to get the hit.

- AI tanks seem to have possibility to shoot two successive rounds (tested with abrams),high fire rate maybe related to (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/63053)

- Thermal and zeroing for BMP3,tunguska,T90 and BTR90 maybe ? :D

- I'm not sure but,tunguska now is less accurate or flares are more effective ? i was flying at 700 m altitude over 4 tunguskas shooting me,i dodged all missiles ...

- Tunguskas and Linebackers need to use their missiles even more at ranges above 1000 m.

- Internal view for GRAD's gunner is missing (press 0).

I hope BIS will add some kind of calculated impact point on the HUD of planes when you have those free fall bombs maybe something similar for canons ... if this gets released with 1.63 ,playing in veteran would be like a WW2 game.

Still testing ...

Edited by On_Sabbatical

- Something is wrong with sidewinder !

Seriously dude, you're going to have to be WAY more specific than that.

Wait dude,i need to find it first ... updated first post ... it was bad operating mistake !

Edited by On_Sabbatical

;2250864']Please check: CCP: 2012-11-09 Test version release

IFV gunners are dumb again. They don't engage close by targets clearly identified as hostile. Tested with M2A3, M2A2 Bradleys and FV510 II Warriors against Infantry, BTR-60s, UAZs ... Worked fine in the first test release.

;2251340']Sample mission?

No, during regular gameplay.

One other thing though:

I can live with having no "TAB LOCK" anymore in single player. But when you're in the commander's position in a tank now, you don't have any target/lock cursor anymore; but that is the only indication/confirmation if your AI gunner has aim at his designated target. This is problematic at best and gameplay changing as well. This goes also for dual seated attack helos like AH-1Z or AH-64 for hellfires. For IFVs/APC this is not a problem, because AI gunners are firing the weapons on their own. Not so in a tank with the main gun.

I vote for re-evaluation before implementation.

It don't dismiss your impression. However the test missions indicate otherwise.

So either other aspects cause this (by the mission/addons) or you mean something different altogether.

Also the CCP does not make gunners act on their own - there is a big difference if the vehicle has a commander or just a gunner.

It terms of locking for non guided missiles:

• No change for cadet and regular.
  • In veteran you can even activate AutoGuideAT now. Only Expert is always without.
  • (FnF or even all) Guided missiles by air units are not affected.
  • You can assign targets via 2-x targets menu.
  • You can assign targets via command cursor (attack X).
  • You can assign targets via RMB (reveal + lock target key action).
  • You need to watch the main gun angle/gunner to align with the target.

It certainly would be nice if someone made an addon that makes the gunner

say something like "on target" in vehicle chat (+ as audible report)

once he is ready to fire and you as commander can give the "fire" command hereafter.

So unless I am missing something, you only have to look more closely how it works.

Thanx for replying.

1. Close range dumness of player commanded AI gunners:

Seem gone. Couldn't repro it today with the CWTS test mission nor in regular gameplay. Must have been on my side.

2. I actually didn't know you could activate AutoGuideAT in veteran now. But it's not AT missiles I'm talking about. It's with tanks and there main gun and you as a commander don't know when he has aquired a designated target. In IFVs/APC the gunner fires the weapon on his own, without a direct fire order; that's why there is no problem. I really like your idea for a mod making the gunner say :"Target aquired!" Just like the infantry does when you assign a target. So anyone? :cool:

General feedback:

What I have tested so far is mostly infantry and IFV gameplay. And I really like what I see. The Bradley is a real killer machine now. Against infantry and technicals/wheeled APC it is a real blast. And with the working TOWs you have always an ace up your sleeve against armor. The Warrior is a tank killer now. One salvo AP rounds from the CWRS rips a T-55 apart. So thumps up from me. This really improves the gameplay by a lot.

You are welcome :) It needs people like you to test, try, give feedback and discuss.

ref 1) good to hear

ref 2) one can script a somewhat working system with aimedAtTarget and cursorTarget

(if RMB or command cursor is used - not for 2-x targets menu).

One might be refine it when also key actions are taken into account

(remember the cursorTarget when the target command is given).

If someone could get assignedTarget to work, that would make it work easily and nicely.

Yes the tweak by Oden and CMcD, along with some ammo cost tweaking is sweet :bounce3: