Sign in to follow this  
anton-korduan

Mysterious function-building on Lingard

Hi there!

Yesterday I discovered something really fascinating: On Lingard is a hidden building that

a) is not visible on the map

b) has a function button

c) is different colored than every other building

I was really astonished, as I found it. In my game Lingard was on snow (is always snow on Lingard?) - every building is blue/white with snow on it. Not that one! It was brown/bronze-colored and the windows where glewing yellow. On the roof is a satelite-antenna. AND on the front is an red control-panel like on the other buildings with function! When driving there with a walrus, the mouse-cursor turns to a hand - also as like the other funktion-panels. But using it (clicking) makes a *beep*-sound, like this is not allowed now.

Then I had an idea... I searched every corner of the whole Island if there is another building. And YES, there is! Between two high mountains there is a bridge. A bridge? Where does it lead to... jup: it leads to a hitten door (covered by rocks). But this has no button or anything... no entry for a walrus.

After that I tryed to "hack" the first building (with the function key) - to effect.

Then I concquered the Island (hacking the command-centre) and tryed again the mystical-function-building. No effect.

At least I tryed to destroy it. Not possible!

So my conclusion: Think this is a remain from the ego-shooter part of carrier-command.

What do you know/think about?

PS: I tryed to take a screenshot - but the Windows-Shortcut (Alt+Print) does not work. How do you make screenshots from the game?

Edited by anton-korduan

Then I had an idea... I searched every corner of the whole Island if there is another building. And YES, there is! Between two high mountains there is a bridge. A bridge? Where does it lead to... jup: it leads to a hitten door (covered by rocks). But this has no button or anything... no entry for a walrus.

?

I have seen this one myself. My thoughts was that it must be a part of the campaign in the final game. Final game will include 'human' FPS play also, right? People might enter that door.

Remember that the full game will contain many more features than the beta.

At the very least, it will be possible to research tech that will make your vehicles better equipped to handle difficult terrain, such as tundra. (If I recall correctly.)

Remember that the full game will contain many more features than the beta.

At the very least, it will be possible to research tech that will make your vehicles better equipped to handle difficult terrain, such as tundra. (If I recall correctly.)

Yes, yes! I think at the moment, in beta, our vehicles seem to be completly equipped with the trerrain/weather-stuff. I never got any problems in snowy or rainy enviroment for example and the symbols are all fully displayed. This will be different in the original game, I think. I also remember that these are things we have to produce/acquire.

Edited by anton-korduan

PS: I tryed to take a screenshot - but the Windows-Shortcut (Alt+Print) does not work. How do you make screenshots from the game?

First go into windowed mode (ALT+Enter - toggles between fullscreen/window), then take the screenshot.

First go into windowed mode (ALT+Enter - toggles between fullscreen/window), then take the screenshot.

or press "F7" and check your Documents/CarrierCommand folder

I have seen this one myself. My thoughts was that it must be a part of the campaign in the final game. Final game will include 'human' FPS play also, right? People might enter that door.

Yes, it is related to the campaign. ;)

Yes, it is related to the campaign. ;)

Okay, dram - thanx.

I thought by myself that the door is for the campaign... but the second building also?

Okay, dram - thanx.

I thought by myself that the door is for the campaign... but the second building also?

Both the door and building.