Sign in to follow this  
lev

Preorder Bonuses?

Ok no to the ranks, what about some kind of campaign ribbon on one's uniform?

That will be silly too. All that "I want to look different" fetish present in BFs and CoDs has no place in ArmA. Because that will mean locking stuff away - otherwise everyone will have your ribbon on day one through a simple modding.

Good pre-order bonus consists of:

a) discount

b) physical items

Why giving so much...

Simply give them people some "ArmA 3" hat or glasses or something or "Biohemia Introllactive" T-Shirt with it xD, exclusive concept art or something

I see no point of putting a lot of stuff into pre-order box... Small things should make fan's happy.

That will be silly too. All that "I want to look different" fetish present in BFs and CoDs has no place in ArmA. Because that will mean locking stuff away - otherwise everyone will have your ribbon on day one through a simple modding.

Good pre-order bonus consists of:

a) discount

b) physical items

So um...thanks for lumping me in with two groups there. See I was thinking something not along the lines of "I'm different" as much as "he served in <campaign>"

I find it amusing that while a lot of ArmA fans are quick to denounce the bf and cod guys.....they themselves are being just as bad in that they set up an elitist jerk attitude that looks ten times worse than any attitude the cod fanboys ever offer up.

So um...thanks for lumping me in with two groups there. See I was thinking something not along the lines of "I'm different" as much as "he served in <campaign>"

I find it amusing that while a lot of ArmA fans are quick to denounce the bf and cod guys.....they themselves are being just as bad in that they set up an elitist jerk attitude that looks ten times worse than any attitude the cod fanboys ever offer up.

Do not generalize please. Lot's of us don't behave that way.

BTW, hope the preorder bonus will not be this :Oo::

arma_3_limnos_mug_tasse-p168261739509662251enyty_380.jpg

Edited by ProfTournesol

see nothing wrong with that. We are ArmA community, and so shall it stay!

arma 1 as a bonus for pre order arma 3 or something.

except NOT. Why would i want a product i already own since the end of 2006 for a game i preorder in 2012? I am sure i am not the only one who owns every game BI released (or almost every one in my case, i still don't own CC for some reason). I am also pretty sure the vast majority of the pre-orders will come from people that have been around original OFP and Arma franchise for some time, and not from the ones that have just found out about it.

see nothing wrong with that. We are ArmA community, and so shall it stay!

hmm, i always hate when someone like you feels the need to personify this entity called "arma community". I am pretty sure that my own arma community has NOTHING in common with your own.

I like the OP ideas, but I've always been a huge fan of completely aesthetic ingame bonuses as well. Such as camouflages (gun or player camo), maybe badges you could wear on your clothes, etc. Just not stuff that screws over people who don't pre-order and puts too much pressure on doing it, like Nuketown 2025 in Black Ops 2. :rolleyes:

I want a personal signature from the dev's on my pre-order. Greece, make it happen!

except NOT. Why would i want a product i already own since the end of 2006 for a game i preorder in 2012? I am sure i am not the only one who owns every game BI released (or almost every one in my case, i still don't own CC for some reason). I am also pretty sure the vast majority of the pre-orders will come from people that have been around original OFP and Arma franchise for some time, and not from the ones that have just found out about it.

hmm, i always hate when someone like you feels the need to personify this entity called "arma community". I am pretty sure that my own arma community has NOTHING in common with your own.

ow reary? Never said we all the same here, you know. hmm,i always hate, when someone hates someone like me.

How about a free 2014 Calendar.......so I can mark the release date :o:

:clap:

I'd say when you pre-order you get one future dlc(which ever comes out first, small or large)depending if they are planning on making a dlc like they did with ArmA2

I prefer special edition over pre order bonus. And that should have something that doesn't really feel needed during gameplay, like maps (which we could print anyway), cups & caps or whatever. Not something with ingame value they can sell later as a DLC for a quick buck. If it is something ingame, it should come as a freebie patch even if delayed somewhat.

UFO EU pre order bonus was ingame ability to customize units. If this comes later to the rest as a freebie, then I'm okay with it. If they plan to make you pay for it as a DLC, they make me their enemy rather than their customer. Since I'm still on XP I can't even play this yet. Maybe soon.

I'll stick to my original plan:

acciQvXG.png adyzMTwc.jpg

:cool:

Just the game is enough for me :)

Personally I hate all those 'pre-selling' bonuses.. like; get dlc earlier and stuf like that.

For me thats something for noobish EA etc.

It's not like we can run this game at an acceptable framerate on release, even we do it's gonna be filled with bugs anyway.

I'll probably pick the game up after one year when it's like $15 or something.

It's not like we can run this game at an acceptable framerate on release, even we do it's gonna be filled with bugs anyway.

I'll probably pick the game up after one year when it's like $15 or something.

who is "we"? I am pretty sure i'll be able to, especially considering my planned hardware updates ;)

PuFu, that's how bad the ARMA 2 release hurt the brand. :p I'd upgrade were I sure that that'd actually result in a consistent 60+ fps from ARMA 3... thanks to ARMA 2, I'm not so sure. ;) So I'm waiting on the community alpha as such. EDIT: this here is a perfect example of why the guy you were replying to was being perfectly reasonable, and Horus' post in that thread shows another example of what's wrong the current arrangement.

Edited by Chortles

What you're describing OP would be a collector edition. Which is always great for those who can afford the price asked.

Anyway I'm all against ingame pre-order bonuses and day one DLCs, that kind of garbage stuff is a complete no-go for me. I'm even hoping that BIS isn't gonna release any BAF, PMC and ACR kind of DLCs, but rather a couple of expansions the kind of Resistance was for OFP and Operation Arrowhead for Arma2.

Anyway I can't wait to pre-order ArmaIII for me and a friend, I hope the pre-order will be available on both BI's store and Steam. ;)

Edited by dunedain

I would like mine to come with a m67 hand grenade and a pack of my favorite smokes (my choice ofcourse).