Rough Knight

[SP] Old MacDonalds Farm adventure.

Old MacDonalds Farm adventure: A farmers Parody

Game version: ARMA2: Combined Operations.

Game Mode: Singleplayer.

Addons: ARMA2 and ARMA2:OA.

Version: v1.03

omf_pic2.jpg

Description:

Old Macdonald has woken up early and has some chores to do. Explore his farm, meet his friends and embark on a few adventures. Interact with the animals as you try to sort out the chaos that the day has brought.

This mission is a parody of the kids song 'Old Macdonald had a farm and is intended to have a lighthearted and comical feel to it. Trouble seems to follow Old Macdonald where ever he goes, as does his sidekick 'Zeke Jimbob' who is always hanging around looking for a new adventure and a bit of fun. I originally made this mission for my kids because my wife didn't really like them picking up guns and blowing away any living thing that moved, but adults will get value out of this no doubt as it is a little different to your usual combat mission. This is more about doing other jobs around the farm [Many with the animals].

SavedByGrace has kindly donated his time and voice to help me try achieve a deeper connection with the characters. He has done a great job with the voices and the mission wouldn't be the same without them.

Features:

* Voice Acting by SavedByGrace. [Huge shoutout here...so many voices. Thanks heaps]

* Auto vehicle entry and exit, so kids do not have to use the "Action Menu". Just stand near the vehicle facing toward it. You will disembark if at zero speed for 3 seconds or more.

* 14 tasks to complete.

* Farm Racing.

* Beat the farm jump record.

* Solving riddles.

* Restricted gun use.

* Loads of songs.

* Use radio [0,0,7] to playback hints of your active tasks [most of them].

Download Links:

Armaholic mirror:

Old Macdonalds farm v1.03 (@)

Arma2Base.de mirror:

Old Macdonalds farm v1.03 (@)

Native Mirror:

Changelog:

v1.03 | 21-Dec-12

* Changed: Implemented improved sounds thanks to SavedByGrace.

* New: Loads of new voices thanks to savedbygrace.

* Changed: Zeke now follows player around most of the game. [Thanks to Hoz's DoFollowUnit script]

* New: 14th objective - - Nucleonic Fertilizer.

* Fixed: helpers still active when barrel picked up and tractor objective has finished

* kill various dir indicators when tasks not active.

* Fixed: Chickens and rabbits could not be picked up sometimes.

* Fixed: Marker missing from race route marker array.

* Changed: Zeke won't wait for music to finish before launching into dance.

* Changed: Obj6 [rabbits] now only active once spray task has been completed or failed.

* Changed: Bus task no longer requires driver seat entry. [Aslo initiates on vacinity and other task completion.]

* Fixed: issue where mission would not end (missing script : ()

* Fixed: Zeke's chickens taskhint now displays correct message.

* Fixed: Flashing in cows task cutscene.

* Fixed: Goats now get dumped immediately when carried to their pen.

* Fixed: Possibility of "Zero divisor error" in hints.sqf.

Required Addons

* ARMA2.

* ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead. [+]

+ Note: Version 1.62 or greater is required.

Work Remaining & Known Issues:

*Please report bugs back here.

Credits and Thanks:

SavedByGrace for his voice acting.

Hoz for his DoFollowUnit script.

Konsky for UPS script.

Jinef & mikey for briefing template.

kill_bis_fnc_dirIndicator script by F2k Sel.

Skeet Machine script by Joris-Jan van 't Land, Pepa Zemánek and NeZz_DK.

Anyone I forgot, I apologise in advance.

Thanks Rough Knight

Edited by Rough Knight
Updated 21-Dec-12

LOL this is great may have to test this and let me son and daughter have a go

There is some strange stuff going on in this mission... :D

Just started playing but so far I had a lot of fun. I'm a huge fan of anything "unusual", and this has a good chance to become one of my favorite unusual missions.

Thanks for sharing. :)

This is amazing - what you have done with a military simulator is both sadistic and fun at the same time. My kids are too young to play this, but they enjoyed the music and the noises!! Nice one, we will be playing again tomorrow!

Anyway, here's a quick vid I did...

Edited by Jedra

So before this mission, your kids were blowing the hell out of chickens and cows?? :butbut: :)

==============================================================

Version 1.01 released

Changelog v1.01 [11-Sep-12]

* Fixed bug where player would automatically warp to target helper during race against Zeke.

==============================================================

So before this mission, your kids were blowing the hell out of chickens and cows??

lol, nothing was safe when they had a gun in their hands. Geneva convention..whats that : P

This looks like great fun. What age are your kids and what ages would you say the game is aimed at?

Looks like fArmA has finally been released after all these years! :cool:

This looks like great fun. What age are your kids and what ages would you say the game is aimed at?

Mine are five (twin girls). They especially liked it when the cows farted! We are going to have a go at rounding up the cows when they come home from school.

Does it have ACE2 support? :D

I don't know about that, but with ASR_AI the chickens armed themselves from an ammo-box and out flanked me...

I'll have to check it out, being a farmer and all. Can you script milking? It's what I'm off to do right now lol

Trying with TPWCAS and it seems the cows are not being suppressed??

Edited by SavageCDN

I keep getting sniped by a chicken,I'm going to camp in the barn until I pinpoint her position.

Lol, you guys are clowns: p

Once you herd the sheep, look out for the goats. Now they ARE hostile.

LOLOLOL, One of the best missions I've played, should have multiplayer support! I actually edited it a bit to have another slot for a player, works fine other than the sound files randomly playing for my friend throughout our play through...

I think it's pretty damn good that you're willing to spend time and effort into making a war-simulator fun for children. :)

Hi Folks,

I made a quick video showcasing the missions tasks [well, most of them]. Thanks Jedra for your video too by the way : )

Howdy folks,

I would like to ask for some ideas for new missions with this project! I am about out of ideas, but a fair bit can be achieved with the Vanilla objects in ARMA2....so Iam all ears : )

I have been busy with real life work so therefore have not looked at this since I released it, but am keen to add more missions if you can think of some.

I do have an update coming up which fixes up the ending [a script gets called that doesn't exist....DOH!!] so I don't think you will ever see the end of the mission : P

Thanks heaps. I may need to pester Savedbygrace again if I can think up any new mission ideas to see if he can help me with the voices.

Also happy to receive any feedback about the mission, changes, what you think should be different to make it more polished.

Thanks heaps.

Rough Knight.

Accurate tractor driving? Drive following a twisty line of cones on the ground.

Tidy the farm .... lots of objects scattered over the area. Tidy them up within a certain time period. Watch out for that naughty chicken however, if it gets close it will cause you to drop the item.

(something based on R3F Logisitics to lift and move objects)

Cheers

Kremator