AZCoder

Gambit Royale FDF Edition

Greetings,

Sorry, I don't mean to put you on the spot with the question but........

will you continue to make SP/Camp missions for A2 even when A3 is out and kicking about?

I just really don't know what to do about this. I don't want to "waste" my time making more missions if no one is going to play them. I think you know what I mean by this.

regards.............kk

AZCoder, im glad that not only i have this "bug" :) and good that there are some solutions how to fix that. But think how many missions can be broken becose of that (in most cases missions with captives etc).

@Kommiekat

Don't worry about A2, this game will life many years after A3 will be released,not all will buy A3 becose they dont like it, they have PC's that can't run A3 and many other things.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

I remember that i play OFP from 2001-2008 so now i will prabobly play A2 to ~2016 or more ;)

Kommiekat, not to answer instead of AZCoder, but if OFP was played well through Arma 1 and Arma 2 and is still played, I think that given the maturity and fan base of Arma 2 you can rest assured that your missions will also be played well into the Arma 3 era.

Kommie we're really on the same boat here :D But considering that A3 is still Alpha I doubt people will hop onto it directly, let's not even talk about multiplayer. So I'd say continue making mission but at the same time make missions for A3 once it's out. :P

I will definitely finish Dark Tides for A2. Even the official CSLA campaign is not out yet, anxious to play that, and that mod is still growing. Although I have no interest in the future setting of A3 (it was the old Cold War feeling of Chernarus that appealed to me), I will get the A3 alpha to see what's what. We still have several months before a final polished A3 product is out. After Dark Tides is completed, I am not sure what I will be doing. For one, I want to spend more time in DCS World, I still can't fly the Blackshark very well and I want to master the FC 3 aircraft, so far I'm only decent with the F-15. I'm sure I will be patching Dark Tides, and maybe a another new version of Gambit (noooooo.....just joking). And based on the state of the A2/A3 community, I will start mission making again, just don't know which game at this time :D

So, soo good campaign! I had a great time playing this man! Thank you for this one!

Thanks, I really do appreciate these comments :)
Dark Tides (the sequel) is still under production. It looks like a Summer release instead of Spring. I had some minor surgery last month (nothing serious) and a few other things going on that are causing delays. That said, I have essentially finished the first part of the campaign --- it's in 3 parts, but all will be released as a single campaign --- and about half of the 2nd part is done. I have also enlisted the help of Nettrucker for some of part 3, partly because he has experience with large scale battles, and I'm more of a special forces guy :D Dark Tides leans more toward pitched battles and less of the spec ops (over all).