Sign in to follow this  
Richiesaurusrex

"Bad serial number given in setup" Error (Tried everything)

So whenever i try to start up ArmA 2 OA, it gets the the "Bohemia Interactive" screen, then it shuts down and i get an error message saying "Bad serial number given in setup" :mad: .

This does not happen for ArmA II.

I just used the game to play DayZ btw, had been playing that for about a week before i got this error.

I get when i try to launch DayZ and when i try to launch ArmA II OA.

I have read dozen's of threads about people have the same problem as me.

I have read about numerous so called "fixes" but none of them worked for me, so if anyone knows of any other ways to fix this problem, please tell me?

Fixes tried:

Re-install both ArmA II and ArmA II OA

Verify game cache

Run everything as Administrator

Run ArmA II BEFORE launching ArmA II OA

Go into Regedit and delete the Bohemia Interactive + Bohemia Interactive Studio folders (wouldn't let me delete the ArmA II OA folders)

Try to copy the ArmA II "KEY" Binary code in regedit and paste it into the ArmA II OA folder (wouldn't let me do that)

Go into Regedit and delete the Bohemia Interactive + Bohemia Interactive Studio folders (wouldn't let me delete the ArmA II OA folders)

Try to copy the ArmA II "KEY" Binary code in regedit and paste it into the ArmA II OA folder (wouldn't let me do that)

Aha you might be having the same issue (and thus solution) as another guy I chatted with this week, he managed to fix it and I asked him to write out his steps which he did:

1, Run REGEDIT

2, Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

3, Expand Software

4, Expand Wow6432Node

5, Expand Bohemia Interactive Studio Not Bohemia Interactive

6, Click ArmA 2 OA, If you only see 1 file named "(Default)" And type REG_SZ then,

7, Right click the ArmA 2 OA file and go to Permissions

8, Left click YOUR USER, NOT! Users

9, After selecting your user click on Advanced

10, Yet Again click on your username for your pc and click on edit

11, In the drop down menu select This Key and Subkeys

12, You will see allow and deny make sure all allow boxes are ticked then click ok

13, you will be taken back one Dialogue box, Click Apply and OK and the same again on the

next dialogue box.

14, Now you should see 4 files sat in your ArmA 2 OA folder, Names, "(Default)" "Data" "Key" & "main"

15, Now play your game hassle free

Give that a try?

Edited by Placebo

I'll give that a try, i am currently re-installing (for the 132947th time)

I'll let you know wether it worked or not, if it works i'll dive infront of bullets for you in DayZ XD

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

By the way when i expand Software i see the Bohemia Interactive+Bohemia Interactive Studio in there, all i have in Wow6462Node is the "Windows" folder, does that matter?

Are you using 32bit or 64bit windows? That would change the location of the correct key:

32bit Windows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2

In Main entry, path will have Program Files

64bit Windows

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2

In Main entry, path will have Program Files (x86)

Are you using 32bit or 64bit windows? That would change the location of the correct key:

32bit Windows:

64bit Windows

my Wow6432Node has a folder Microsoft in it btw, not windows and well since i have the stuff in the Software folder i think i have windows 32bit

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

32bit Windows:

64bit Windows

my Wow6432Node has a folder Microsoft in it btw, not windows and well since i have the stuff in the Software folder i think i have windows 32bit

Well the same fixes above from 5 onwards would apply once you find the correct location.

OH MY FUCKING GOD MAN?!?!?!?! I FUCKING LOVE YOU, yeahh thats right, i fucking love you bro XD no homo.

If any moderators read this, please make sure EVERYONE who has the same problem as me to check this out, IT FUCKING WORKS WHOOP WHOOP?!?!?! :yay:

You're the best man

Yay :) I'll send the link to the guy who wrote out the steps to let him know he helped another poor soul :)