Sign in to follow this  

Bushmaster Infantry Mobility Vehicle [WIP]

Almost done

50Cal_01.jpg

after managing to burn myself out as soon as school started im back up and running.

Crows_01.JPG

80% done

EDIT: Sorry wrong images.

f187ac.jpg

c1d565.jpg

Edited by Guest

nice =)

don't forget to include 50mm rounds in Bushmaster 3 payload/config ;-)

Dutch also seems still using more expensive/reliable/quick-firing Oerlikon 35mm guns, from which it descent/copied.

just like how rest of EU rely on it in terms of Army/point AA.

Dutch only have that Bushmaster 3 gun on the CV9035 NL Mk3.

almost completely done all thats left is any details that i cant do in Ndo. Also the edges width seems to get towned down when i render but i will definetly go back and soften them up a bit.

CROWS_PreDetail_01.jpg

CROWS_PreDetail_02.jpg

I will be most likely using this 50 cal in other places so it needs to be accurate thanks for pointing that out. Also, after this gets into arma i will probably put it into udk so i can better learn the engine and i want to add first person animations for manual control so im making it with that in mind as well.

I will be most likely using this 50 cal in other places so it needs to be accurate thanks for pointing that out. Also, after this gets into arma i will probably put it into udk so i can better learn the engine and i want to add first person animations for manual control so im making it with that in mind as well.

Ah, okay then, glad i brought it up then :P

Whats the poly count upto so far on the RWS/M2?

someplace in the hundreds of thousands and well over two-three million for the whole vehicle. Its the high poly :D

Bobman,

You done a great job on this Bushmaster, but I have to ask why have you given it a CROWS 2 RWS??????

Neither the Australians nor the Dutch use it.

So I am baffled as to why you have done it this way.

Could it be a problem with reference material?

This is the PWS required.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n204/jasmils/PWS001.png (113 kB)

Cheers HULL

Edited by HULL_CREATURE
spelling

Bobman,

You done a great job on this Bushmaster, but I have to ask why have you given it a CROWS 2 RWS??????

Neither the Australians nor the Dutch use it.

So I am baffled as to why you have done it this way.

Could it be a problem with reference material?

This is the PWS required.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n204/jasmils/PWS001.png (113 kB)

Cheers HULL

Because thats what he wanted to make?

I am just loving this model! You've made me wanna get back into modeling a bit.. I always wanted to make a Tiger.

Baffled you say?

"In September 2006 the Australian Department of Defence announced that it was modifying its fleet of Bushmasters in response to criticisms from Australian soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. These criticisms include concerns that the Bushmaster's gunner is exposed to enemy fire and the absence of a drinking water cooling system.[23] The modifications will include fitting a CROWS remote weapon system (RWS) to at least some Bushmasters and developing an improved water cooling system."

KaVigCropped.jpg

Hello Bobman,

I'm "baffled" because you have done a very accurate Bushmaster PMV (apart for a couple of minor things and considering its not finished) but the weapon system is incorrect.

The image you posted from MRTF 3 shows the Recon Optical PWS (Protected Weapons Stations) fitted, not the M153 Kongsburg CROWS 2 RWS. It is not used on the Bushmaster PMV.

I have found most of the models in ARMA2 to be quite accurate, and the modellers proud of how accurate they model their particular weapons or vehicles.

It would be a shame to see this one not done correctly.

I'm not criticizing your work, in fact I am very impressed, but if your going to accurately model this vehicle, then the weapon system needs to be corrected.

If you decide to change it to the correct version, PM me and I can help with as much reference you will ever need.

The link I posted in my last reply is the correct system used, and is taken from the user manual for the weapon.

I can not work in the digital world as you do, but I do work as a manufacturer in the scale model industry can relate to the amount of work you have done on this job and how hard it can be to get reference.

Well done and keep up the good work.

Cheers HULL

PS, a nice new ASLAV-25 and ASLAV PC would be fantastic too!!!

not the M153 Kongsburg CROWS 2 RWS. It is not used on the Bushmaster PMV.

The UK's Bushmasters have a Kongsberg RWS (Special Forces). Can't remember exactly if it's the M153 or the earlier 'Protector' version though.

Honestly with the how much we share equipment the crows is being used on some of them and also i talked with the mod lead and he said he would rather have this one.