Fogu

Reshmaan Province v.0.80 beta

Lions of Kandahar, the Campaign I was working on (see my sig for the thread) is almost ready for release! Another week or two before a public beta.

I spent a lot...and I mean a LOT of time on the hills to the east of Dilshad (Ishfaaq sits at the foot of the main "hill" I think it's called "Nur" which I've made into Sperwan Ghar, the decisive landmass that dictated Op. Medusa in 2006). All in all, I never ran into any major bugs, the AI seems to handle all the roads I've got them on just as well as a BI-released map. Hats off, I'm really excited to be releasing this Camp, I think a few more people will be spending a lot of time in Reshmaan Province in the near future!

I did notice in the village of Usaimah there is a pair of houses on a raised stone/brick platform, and the platform is missing it's siding (the 3D portion is invisible) on the opposite side of the one facing the road. I can provide a screen as I continue to test the Camp if needed. Not a big deal, none of the two bugs I've seen in the villages are that bad, in fact it may be one of the model configs you noted was mission in the Known Issues section of the last release.

Fantastic release, thanks for this awesome contribution to the community! Proud to be giving it a substantial chunk of content!

Update-- Lions of Kandahar is now out! 12 of the Campaign's 13 missions take place on Reshmaan Province, check it out, hope you enjoy:

Download from Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18194

Alternate Mirror #1: http://www.armaholic.net/colombia/scenarios/campaigns/LionsOfKandahar-v05-beta.rar

Alternate Mirror #2: http://www.h34dup.com/uploads/arma/LionsOfKandahar-v05-beta.rar

Big thanks once again to the MAD team for creating and releasing this fantastic island!

Edited by h34dup

Hi Fogu,

Great Map, as Highead said on the 1st Page it works well with MSO. I have a quick question for you.

AS part of the MSO Devlopment and for VCB, I create an online dynamic map using the data from the PersistentDB. I have managed to create one of our Reshmaan MSO, however the only image I could find is pretty naff. Just wondering if you have a better large High Res one you can send over to me so that I can make it much better?

Cheers Mate, well done on a great Map.

Gunny

Hi Fogu,

Great Map, as Highead said on the 1st Page it works well with MSO. I have a quick question for you.

AS part of the MSO Devlopment and for VCB, I create an online dynamic map using the data from the PersistentDB. I have managed to create one of our Reshmaan MSO, however the only image I could find is pretty naff. Just wondering if you have a better large High Res one you can send over to me so that I can make it much better?

Cheers Mate, well done on a great Map.

Gunny

How's this? (Size: 52mb Compressed, 103mb Uncompressed Format: JPG (The PNG Copy was 320mb..)) I would have reduced the size but going from 20481x20481 to 4096x4096 loses a lot of detail :P

And i've seen the VCB MSO tracker so i figured you'd want the highest res so you can do what you need with it.

How's this? (Size: 52mb Compressed, 103mb Uncompressed Format: JPG (The PNG Copy was 320mb..)) I would have reduced the size but going from 20481x20481 to 4096x4096 loses a lot of detail :P

And i've seen the VCB MSO tracker so i figured you'd want the highest res so you can do what you need with it.

Great map Scarecrow, could you please explain how you created it?

I can't download this every link says unexpected end of archive halfway through the download.

Hi everyone. I made a printable tactical map for this island. Optimal print size is 80cm*80cm.

See : 

705029DSC0004.jpg

You can PM me if you want the file :) !

• Like 1

On 30/8/2016 at 9:14 PM, GamerOnkel said:

a version or fix for arma 3 would be nice

I agree, its not popular map, but for me is great, I like more that others, zargabag, etc.

Can you @Fogu donate to CUP or other user to continue supporting map? :tounge_o: