Fogu

Reshmaan Province v.0.80 beta

Awesome map bro, and performance is great, the other most important aspect... nice work :)

Thank you guys for the feedback. I am glad you guys like it.:D

Plz tell us about some trees or stones in the middle of a road etc;-)

Its really hard to check everything ^^

I take a look on the "be wf" mission when i have the time....

Another thing Fogu, are you using arrowhead rocks or A2 rocks. The rocks seem to stand out very starkly against the terrain they are part of. Id recommend talking to McNools about his rocks on Aliabad or Hazarkot because they blend better with the terrain.

Thanks for appreciating the feedback.

Ill go looking for rocks in the road tonight :)

@Colonel

OA rocks and thx for the info I check it out.

VERY nice map indeed, congratulations on the release. Nice big cities. I expect to play in Single Player and just wondering if there are any issues with bushes, shrubbery etc. where the AI has an advantage for spotting? Reason for me asking is that some of the more lush maps are more PvP oriented , since you will be fried going up against the AI as they can see through the foliage better than you.

I understand that this map is not that lush , but just wondering if your choice of bushes etc. was made with this in mind?

Thanks,

OP

Edited by Old_Painless

I would like to see an overview image of the map. does anybody has it?

I would like to see an overview image of the map. does anybody has it?

Check the OP, just under the vids. ;)

Very impressive work! Lakes, villages, airbases... Very cool. Thank you. Awesome performance as well, couldn't stop flying over it this afternoon.

Check the OP, just under the vids. ;)

I did . it is down!

Wow, such an awesome map. I just finished the 1st mission of my campaign in Zargabad...but I think I am going to totally rethink it and do the rest of my missions on your MAP! Awesome, there are not alot of maps with rivers in them. People generally go for an island or something. This is quite unique. However, since I love rivers so much I have two nitpicks that is your choice to take into consideration or not. Extending the river across the whole map instead of having it start and end within the confines of the map would be a) more realistic (rivers usually flow into larger bodies of water and just dont randomly end), and b) enhance the strategic effect of bridges, damns and other river crossings (since there is no other way to go around them). If you were to ever reconsider moving the main capital city anywhere it should be on the banks of the river (yes, yes I know I am obsessed with the river!). Think about it, you are a Islamic lord in the middle ages founding cities in a desert region, where are you going to found your city? Close to the water of course!

Other than those two suggestions which is nothing more than something to enhance an already legendary map.

Thx panda123 for creating the mission ;-)

@Texkaz extending the river is nearly impossible, because there is a huge altitude difference from north to south. :p

Just got a chance to poke around Reshmaan, about to jump back in, but let me just say how impressed I was with this one. It's huge and yet so full of detail-- the marketplaces, the narrow urban streets, the robust vegitation and varied terrain.

I'm hoping this release is close to stable and will not be seeing any drastic changes because I want to start working on something (couple things actually) for it soon!

EDITS:

+ Derya marketplace is frickin awesome looking, if only civvies would populate it naturally

+ Sa diyah is beautiful and authentic, love the narrow avenue and the construction site!

+ Water shore lines are smooth, not jagged, really looking like a lake or oasis.

+ Kallista is majestic and has a nice ancient feel, love how the town is built around the mosque.

- Dershad airport is across the street from a gigantic mosque? I'm totally ignorant but doesn't that seem sacrilegious?

- Is anyone else experiencing lag in the editor itself? Zooming in/out and panning is really choppy for me. Could it have to do with the size?

- I'm also experiencing CTDs when previewing, but this is likely because I have the Six Updater running in the background.

- I almost feel like Usaimah and Farhannah could use some walls or fencing, the buildings look a little lonely, maybe it's just me.

- Found a floating market stall in Ghadir near the southern bend of the main road.

Edited by h34dup

Awesome map! Mountainous parts, green parts, arid parts, the river, the towns...all very well done.

The only issue I've found so far is with the north airport. If you have aircraft on the south side of the base, they will taxi straight through the dirt and across the runway until they reach the north side....then they will make use of the taxiways. Havent tried the south airport or the one by the city yet. Do you think you would be able to make it so the planes you the south side taxiways as well? Thanks

Wow, if this is a beta then the 1.0 is going to be absolutely incredible! I just set myself up with a teleport script and spent a few hours exploring - it's wonderful to have a new enormous map to discover things on.

My only suggestion is for reeds along the shoreline of the various water bodies.

Thanks so much for this gift to the community VesMen and Fogu.

Awesome map! Mountainous parts, green parts, arid parts, the river, the towns...all very well done.

The only issue I've found so far is with the north airport. If you have aircraft on the south side of the base, they will taxi straight through the dirt and across the runway until they reach the north side....then they will make use of the taxiways. Havent tried the south airport or the one by the city yet. Do you think you would be able to make it so the planes you the south side taxiways as well? Thanks

As a potential solution to this, you can make the north airport essentially be two runways. Keep the one you have now and then make another that is offset .1 m south of it and then for the taxi-on / taxi-off use coordinates that would allow aircraft on the south side of the base to get onto the runway. You will be able to see two runways on the ingame map but the lines will be close together.

Just a heads up on the fencing around the airports, or the central one at least (at work, forget name)

The AI cannot navigate through the gaps in the fence, it seems they ignore it completely and end up camping on the fence line.

Hi Fogu! awsome map! Thank you so much.

I am glad if we can download this by Six Updater. Because easy to share with friends.

Started working on a campaign for this map, hoping it will be relatively stable aside from the noted minor fixes!

Started working on a campaign for this map, hoping it will be relatively stable aside from the noted minor fixes!

Yeah no big changes, only some fixes and some more villages and stuff along the roads.

Some radio antennas more military bases, maybe some changes in the satmap, more keypoints....:)

So i have to write Sickboy a pm to get this island to the six network??

And a big THX for the Feedback guys.

Yeah no big changes, only some fixes and some more villages and stuff along the roads.

Some radio antennas more military bases, maybe some changes in the satmap, more keypoints....:)

So i have to write Sickboy a pm to get this island to the six network??

And a big THX for the Feedback guys.

Yeah probably :)

Thx panda123 for creating the mission ;-)

@Texkaz extending the river is nearly impossible, because there is a huge altitude difference from north to south. :p

Yeah I was suggesting making the altitudes compatible and extending the river valley. Whatever you worked so long on this map you just want to get the final version released now so it is a moot issue.

However, something more practical. I discovered a problem with the dam near Ghadir...er I guess all dams in the ARMA world. You cant cross them with your AI tanks. They just cant do it. AI vehicles or men of any type. This is because the dam is a series of houses and ai doesnt like walking across the top of houses. So I dont know if this is doable...but if you could extend some road or natural terrain ontop of the dam objects it could trick the ai into being able to cross the dam.

Also I can't wait to finish my campaign which features your map.

Edited by TexKaz

Hey,

first of all, this is one of the best maps I've played so far. My clan uses it on it's official server now.

But there are a few bugs I've got to report:

- The AEG(ArmA Electrical Grid) doesn't work properly. 1. You can't destroy any of the power poles and when you destroy the transformers, nothing happens. The near by city and the base just keep shining like a christmas tree.

//Edit: Scratch that. I'm an idiot. I should've read the whole starting post including the ToDo-list first.

- Sometimes there's a bug with the initialization. My (Ace)-Selfinteraction-Menu doesn't load properly and I can't interact with other objects like satchel charges.

- Sometimes it keeps teleporting you back to an position near your car. It always happens when you exit a vehicle. You can't fix that and once it happens, every civilian and enemy keeps getting ported back too.

Does someone know a solution for those things?

Greetings,

Truls

//Edit: I forgot to say that we play the MSO-Version of Reshman.

Edited by Trulz