6 replies to this topic
dayanchico
dayanchico

Private

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:19 #1

Hi there,

I have been playing Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead for a year now without any problems. However, last week i wanted to try out DayZ mod, i attempted to join a server but after twenty seconds of joining it told me "authentication Timeout". It now happens in every single server i join whether or not it's a DayZ server. I have tried running as administrator, reinstalling three times, deleted it from regedit, i have even installed the latest Beta patch to see if it reduced the error but i have had no luck. I would really like to play the game again as i am a fan of the arma 2 series. I have already Contacted Steam support as i bought Combined Operations from steam but what they told me to do did not work, i also contacted the Bohemia Interactive Staff and they told me the same thing as Steam support. I would Greatly Apreciate your help in this.

Thanks,

Dayan.

I also get the error's "Bad CD Key", "Session Lost", and when i try to start up Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead without Combined operations i get "Error Creating Direct3D 9 Graphical Engine".

Edited by dayanchico, 08 July 2012 - 14:13.

Placebo
Placebo

Retired Über Verwalter

• BI Forum Team
  • 21317 posts

• LocationVisby, Gotland, Sweden

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:45 #2

Did you have a firewall/antivirus activated whilst installing? Do you have the same running whilst playing? We've had a few issues of late where Steam users installed whilst an antivirus was running and it completely messed things up.

Fully retired from all forum/community related aspects so please don't contact me unless it's an emergency and nobody else will talk to you :)

sickboy
sickboy

Colonel

• Members
  • 9947 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:39 #3

We've had a few issues of late where Steam users installed whilst an antivirus was running and it completely messed things up.

AV/FW these days are starting to become worse than the malware they supposedly protect you from :-)

dayanchico
dayanchico

Private

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:40 #4

My firewall and Antivirus are disabled during the install.
And my Firewall is disabled in game.

pipscouse
pipscouse

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 17:27 #5

I got this the first few times I tried to play DayZ then it just stopped and I (to my surpise actually) spawned in a game. I suspect it is server-side overload or something as the DayZ server are packed

dayanchico
dayanchico

Private

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 18:16 #6

ye but it does not only happen with DayZ, it even happens in domination

dayanchico
dayanchico

Private

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:17 #7

the error still persists, any help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

the error still persists, any help would be appreciated.