Sign in to follow this  
Vinsen

What would you like to see in ofp2

Oooh no that's all messed up, left handed people should use left hand on mouse, don't give in to those right handed commmon people wink.gif

So much fun to disturb someone's computer desk by moving it all around smile.gif

Anyways this is OT, I'll now post restrict myself for 48hrs as it's my second offense mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 22 2002,17:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Czesanne @ Oct. 22 2002,09:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's horrible to use the Backspace key to navigate through the command menus - you have to use the right hand and release the mouse.  <span id='postcolor'>

I'm left handed so my left hand never leaves the mouse wink.gif Finally a game for us 10% lefties wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Aparently lefties die younger than right handed people... That's what I heard anyway, dunno if it's true though wink.gif

Grass. I think it would be good if grass was moddeled, so you could hide in it, and just for extra realism. Having bushes is good, but it would be nice to be able to crawl through a field with long grass without been seen. Having a flat green texture for grass is soooooo 20th century wink.gif

It would also be nice when artillery rounds fall to see grass been ripped up and thrown around. Maybe when OFP 3 comes around........

*Edit* Another thing I want, grenades with a time delay that dont explode on impact.

lol grass would just be yet another layer that disrupts your vision for ai to cheat and kill u through smile.gif

maybe a feature that allows you put a vehicle within another vehicle i ahve seen this request a number of times...it would be great to put jeep and motorcycles inside c-130s

Kevin

.I will like more options for infantry movements. Like peak left peak right peak up, take cover, and I will like to be able to switch from taking cover to peak without need to re-aim.

I will like to have more choices for crouch or prone, something like, ctrl will bend your knees, alt will make your upper body "duck", and shift to get your head down. If you hit ctrl and alt, you are prone.. etc. also a jump would be nice. And of course multiple combinations of it too. Like Jump+ctrl+alt makes you dive!, please give the player more freedom of movement in combat.

I will also like to be able to aim and shot freely instead of look freely. Something like having an arrow showing where is that your body is going and the crosshair for the gun, I really don’t see the need for strafe left or right if you have this option not that they would not include it. So you can turn left or right with the keyboard and aim with the mouse/joystick, if you include a go towards were your aiming, and/or a look at where you're going, the last makes more sense to me. I also thing they should get rid of the 3rd person view all together and in its place, include a transparent 3rd person view in the corner of the screen at all times.

Please include a weapons release key, so you could use your hands to open doors, carry crates, go up/down ladders. And use stuff in general by just aiming and fire clicking whatever you want to use, including striping a dead soldier of his gear, maybe a mode for two hands? Switch lefty righty use of your gun/rifle? Nice if you are taking cover on something at your right! Rifle in my right hand, gun on the left hand, it beats the hell out of having to put your rifle in you back to shot your gun.

I will love to see a mission briefing in which you can chose your equipment. From knee pads (lets you crouch faster) to how many water bottles you'll carry. (Get you more stamina). Please include meals ready to eat, first aid kit, an entrenching tool, and all a normal soldier would use/need in battle. And make the only limitation of what can you carry, on your speed/strength in the battlefield. Not a set limit (real life remember?). Also a mercenary mode where you could use both east and west weapons and veacles. choose and edit you uniform and your uniform camouflage pattern.

I would base everything in a point system. From what gear you can choose for your men up to the skill of the men. More skills needs more points. Set a few skills first, like marksmanship, speed, agility, strength, sight and hearing, maybe also stuff like flying, medic, climbing, weapons knowledge. So, lets say you give a soldier 100 points, those points could be used as.. 50 marksmanship, 10 speed, 20 agility, 10 strength, 10 sight and hearing, and 0 everything else. Make all skills something like 100pt max. Better soldiers with better gear are more expensive than regular soldiers.

It will be nice to see a command chain where you can give orders at multiple levels of your side including support. Also if you are in the bottom of it. I will like to be able to order the AI next to me to shot cover for me. or to help me moving an injure guy out of the battlefield or to go with me searching for a bad guy in the Forrest.

I also will like to be able to edit terrain, tunnels and stuff without to much trouble.

That’s about it for now!

Good shotguns, not 7 round bursts from a rifle, good reload animations, all the stuff caiv said! Be able to shoot small arms from windows of vehicles, (he he, just think of a drive by in a hummer with an M60). Realistic loadouts, i.e 36 grenades for the grenadier instead of 3. Be able to switch hands, useful for CQB (not with bullpups though, apart from P90s). Kevlar vests and stuff. Instead of using maps of islands, why not entire countries or even the entire world, that would be good fun (capture the world MP). Although it would take years to make planet earth, doesn't have to be very accurate though. Then we could have Artillery, ICBMs, Supersonic jets, nukes and all that.

What about a campaign which is different every time you play it, you choose your own paths and so on. At the begining you choose whether you want to be in the Air force, Infantry or Armour, maybe others like Marines, Special Forces etc and maybe other countries too. That way you would never get bored of playing through the campaign.

What after todays mp game i want to see most is JIP so we can have massive 100ppl games on sum very fast servers if they exist, i was playni that capture the island map for the first time the last game they played lasted over 70mins, 5mins into the game i lose connection ive now been waiting over 50mins for it to end, with out JIP where stuck with the small CnHs really now team vs teams that last over 30mins i want bigger games that go for many hours. A round on a 64person rtcw server lasted over 15 hours i think.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ Oct. 26 2002,03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What after todays mp game i want to see most is JIP<span id='postcolor'>

You've already requested JIP in this thread, as well as most other threads you come across it would seem, frankly it's tiresome, next time you whine or make comment about the lack of JIP you will be post restricted for 24 hours, next time after that 48 hours, and on and on.

You have been repeatedly asked to drop the whinging about no JIP, hopefully now you will.

I haven't read the whole thread, so I'll just throw in my requests, and hope most of them haven't already been asked

- Ability to swim/scuba in water

- Grenades that bounce (with timers)

- Ability for wheeled vehicles to fire rockets and missiles (current engine restriction)

- Ability to (relatively) easily input custom voices for your character

- Trains (I think they would be great for atmosphere and mission making)

- The mission screen (especially in MP, when selecting missions) to not only display mission name, but also number of players, addons required etc.

- Ability for cargo vehicles (C-130, Antonov, LSD etc.) to properly carry other vehicles, and for people to stand on the deck of a moving vehicle without sliding off

- Melee combat (fist, knife, rifle butt) instituted properly (in a realistic, non-Quake type way)

- AI that will use their weapons more effectively (RPG soldier who will shoot a rocket at a concentration of enemy troops; machine gunners, riflemen and others shooting at helicopters; black ops who will use their satchel charges against armoured targets etc.)

- Ability to order AI to shoot indirect fire weapons (mortar, grenade launcher) at an area (like a grid reference) instead of at a specific target...possibly even with forward observers directing the fire

Well, just a few thoughts anyway. Sorry if some of these are duplications. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Oct. 26 2002,08:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Ability to order AI to shoot indirect fire weapons (mortar, grenade launcher) at an area (like a grid reference) instead of at a specific target...possibly even with forward observers directing the fire<span id='postcolor'>

Me likes that idea. smile.gif

@Caiv, are you insane dude? That would change flashpoint completly and not even make it fun to play.

Major fubars requests i agree with 100%, its just what flashpoint needs to be the perfect game IMO.

And for all the gods sake dont turn it into something mainstream just to make more money.

Indirect fire is a good idea but there would be problems, in the ofp engine now if you are shelled you are pretty much 99% guranteed to die even if you are in a bunker.

Part of speech given to the 8th King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry by commanding officier before the Battle of the Somme 1st July, 1916: " When you go over the top, you can slope arms, light up your pipes and cigarettes, and march all the way to Pozieres before meeting any live Germans."

Before the Somme we shelled the German forces for days but it did bugger all because they were prepared.

In OFP2 i would like to see adequate cover from artillery but to balance things..... napalm! Can't hide from the flames!

Agent orange would be funny as well, turn green, lush everon into barren wasteland in twenty minutes with your trusty herc!

Someone quoted me about shouting and said that muzzle flash always gives away your position, not true.

A 12.7 mm MG on a T80 will always create a small spout of orange flame,

A 5.56 will only create muzzle flash in low light conditions like sunset and sunrise

A 120mm cannon will create a big flame thing and lot's of smoke :-)

In an ambush in daylight with well camouflaged infantry who don't yell at each other "yeehaaa i got one", the enemy will usually die without really knowing the exact source of fire.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Oct. 28 2002,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Indirect fire is a good idea but there would be problems, in the ofp engine now if you are shelled you are pretty much 99% guranteed to die even if you are in a bunker.<span id='postcolor'>

Indirect fire on limited distance is quite possible now in ofp with scripting (since the velocity functions were introduced in 1.85).

oo oo oo i know and it isnt JIP althought.. shhhh

and It is i would like more lines for the target field where u enter this moveincargo pineapple etc, i hate having one line that u have to scroll bak and fowards with long commands. Maybee just an arrow to open a window like a note pad interface or something similar. And also a script maker in the mission editor that can give you a nice wizard like interface and and advanced mode for the ppl that use notepad(jus an example) to make em.

As much as I enjoy this game as is, these items would add to the immersion and make it a little more fun, if that's possible:

* Simulate scratches by taking small damage if running through very heavy brush (and have the guy doing the pain grunts when hurt, increases detection).

* If you continue running at full speed for too long, you pass out for a brief period (no one runs forever, especially with all that gear!wink.gif.

* A carpet bombing plane (without add-ons), or least some type of iron bombs.

* A navigational planning system for pilots they program before take-off so they don't have to keep switching to the map screen.

* A way to assign yourself goto waypoints while playing.

* A REAL engineer soldier that can repair stuff and even build stuff like small bridges, turrets, etc.

* Some sort of built-in resupply chopper that would still be vulnerable, so you'd have to watch when you called it in.

* A plane or chopper with at least a couple of (AA) stingers.

* AA missile-lock detection and chaff.

* Real water with wet-suits and small submersables, etc.

* A SEAL-type boat for quieter beach landings.

* Heli's that are easier to load/unload troops.

* Automated turrets.

* The usual gripes about clipping. At LEAST make it so a AI doesn't "clip" himself out of the towers!

* I'd LOVE to see some tall grass.

From the mission builder, how 'bout a pre-built "mini-base" that comes with it's own minor defenses (see turrets above) and can handle resupply, etc, and has a few vehicles and ammo for the player. In general, more pre-built stuff to help save time - allow us to name and save soldier and vehicle loadouts.

Add a new vehicle unit: radar. Allow us to assign (from mission builder) aircraft that share the radar targeting info. I currently include these in a lot of my missions, but it's an enormous effort on my part. It's GREAT for basing missions around.

Also for mission builder, and this is tougher, but a way to lay out a small airport (even dirt runway), but this would require dynamic terraforming...

Maybe add a combat mode that says NEVER go prone, which would help prevent AI's from falling out of towers, etc.

Even if I don't get these things, I'm still a happy camper...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ Oct. 27 2002,16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@Caiv, are you insane dude? That would change flashpoint completly and not even make it fun to play.

Major fubars requests i agree with 100%, its just what flashpoint needs to be the perfect game IMO.

And for all the gods sake dont turn it into something mainstream just to make more money.<span id='postcolor'>

?? I wonder what is that you dont like? I love OFP. but at the same time, I want a realistic game. a real soldier has a few dosen movements and positions in combat. we in OFP have only 3. is that what you didnt like?..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ Oct. 28 2002,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Indirect fire is a good idea but there would be problems, in the ofp engine now if you are shelled you are pretty much 99% guranteed to die even if you are in a bunker.<span id='postcolor'>

One of the reasons for this is that OFP threats all surfaces like it was flat hard concrete. In the real world the terrain is a lot more "bumpy" this gives infantry more places to take cover. The effect of this is that the lethal range for a shell is lesser for prone infantry than someone standing up. I am not asking BIS to imlement all those small bumps, instead how about assigning a lethal range penalty for all shells against prone infantry based on what kind of ground the soldier is in?

Middle of the road -> No protection of going prone.

Rough terrain -> The shell must almost hit on top of a prone soldier to kill him.

A "I really love the mud" button that causes the soldier to:

-get as close to the ground as possible

-can't really see much other than dirt

-can't fire his weapon

-has increased protection against shells

would also do much to simulate the effect of pinned down infantry.

Vehicle Repair/Soldier Heal:

Vehicles as they are now repair far too quickly. A battered tank can get repaired within miliseconds. It should be so that only minor damages could be repaired, and even those should take longer than one milisecond, maybe 5 minutes to simulate it better. Anything more than a minor damage should be not repairable as in real life it would take a day or two anyway.

Same goes for wounded soldiers. Medics should be able to heal only minor wounds. Any major wound and the soldier would have to go to the field hospital and spend 5-10 minutes there getting his serious injuries treated.

This would let people implement medevac logistics and other things of that nature.

Although it has to be said, advocate, that the opportunity to repair tanks is so rare, it may aswell be instantaneous, otherwise it'd just render the whole repair mechanism too pointless and time consuming.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

A "I really love the mud" button that causes the soldier to:

-get as close to the ground as possible

-can't really see much other than dirt

-can't fire his weapon

-has increased protection against shells

would also do much to simulate the effect of pinned down infantry.

<span id='postcolor'>

I LOVE THIS!!! Also, I reiterate my important ones:

* A navagational system for pilots so they don't have to look at the map all the time or a mini-map on the screen.

* A way to assign yourself waypoints during the game.

* A carpet bombing plane (without add-ons), or least some type of iron bombs.

* AA missile-lock detection and chaff.

* Real water with wet-suits and small submersables, etc.

* A SEAL-type boat for quieter beach landings.

* New combat mode for team AI's: patrol area.

I LOVE this game!