Sign in to follow this  
Mouse90112

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead Launching Issues

I recently bought ArmA II: Combined Ops over Steam so that i could play DayZ. I am able to play ArmA II fine, but when i go to launch Operation Arrowhead I get the error "No Entry bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow" then it goes to "Error Compiling Pixel Shader PSSpecularAlpha:0" I have done everything suggested in this forum and many other. Running as admin, restarting, running as admin from direct .exe. Nothing has helped me.

(Please Note: I checked numerous pages on this forum before posting to make sure it wasnt previously answered.)

Try deleting "ArmA2OA.cfg" in the ArmA2 folder in your documents.

I'm fairly certain i deleted that file, i tried running OA again and still the problem persists. Do i need to do another step? Or am i missing something?

I'm fairly certain i deleted that file, i tried running OA again and still the problem persists. Do i need to do another step? Or am i missing something?

Did you try to start ArmA2 (then exiting) before starting OA ?

Yes I ran ArmA2 and quit from the main menu then tried again. Anything else i could try?

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Oh and on a side note i have tried to verify my cache via Steam but it say something along the lines of one item failed to verify and will be reaquired. Idk if that may help us solve this.

I would just uninstall and then restart your PC. Once restarted, install again.

One last thing, i mentioned that i got it to play DayZ but i havent installed it or any other mods. And a few other forums mentioned a driver from Nvidia but i cant find it.

My computer specs are:

Windows 7 64-bit

Inspiron 560

4 GB RAM

Pentium ® Dual Core CPU E5400 @2.70 GHz 2.70 GHz

Im not sure where to go to check for a graphics card.

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

I am on a desktop if that has anything to do with it and ive played other games before like minecraft without and issues, not sure if thats relevant but its as much as i know.

your modline or modlauncher setting is faulty. best use a launcher app

Where can i get a launcher app to use?

He said he didn't install any mods.

Where can i get a launcher app to use?

If you've deleted your ArmA2OA.cfg, it would have cleared any issues such as that. A 3rd party application is completely unnecessary.

Ok well i took your advice Nicholas and restarted everything ArmA II is currently downloading through admin and all, but im afraid that i might be missing a graphics card or something im not sure how to locate that.

Ok well i took your advice Nicholas and restarted everything ArmA II is currently downloading through admin and all, but im afraid that i might be missing a graphics card or something im not sure how to locate that.

If ArmA2 works for you, you've got a graphic card.

You said that you can play ArmA II though, correct? Make sure you launch ArmA II before installing and launching ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead.

Gotta love when multiple people try to troubleshoot a single problem...

ok well its gonna be a few hours but guys i really appreciate the help, i spent my last bit of money expecting a great game and ive spent two days facepalming in front of my screen going through endless forums. Even if it doesnt work i still appreciate the help, but keep and eye out lol so just incase it still doesnt work i can get some additional help. Thanks guys:)

Gotta love when multiple people try to troubleshoot a single problem...

You're among them AFAIK.

Ok well ArmA 2 just downloaded and it says data file too short addon/buildings, any advice for that?

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Never mind on that previous thing i followed another thread, and i was able to fix THAT problem lol, who knew i would have to go through all this frustration just to kill a few zombies.

Try Six Launcher - see: http://dayzmod.com/su.php

Could you just read his posts and at least try to solve his problem, thanks.

Ok well ArmA 2 just downloaded and it says data file too short addon/buildings, any advice for that?

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Never mind on that previous thing i followed another thread, and i was able to fix THAT problem lol, who knew i would have to go through all this frustration just to kill a few zombies.

Could you elaborate and tell us how you fixed your problem ?

I verified the game cache for ArmA 2 and every time before on both games i was told that it failed to verify and it had to reaquire but it did nothing, this time when i did it it went through and stopped at 100% and my game seemed to redownload again but ever so faster, and ArmA 2 works again.

After ArmA 2 got installed all over again i pulled it up and played around in boot camp for like 5 minutes, then i closed it down and installed OA. When OA launched i got the same error with the bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow but the next error message was data file too short so i verified the integrity of the cache again, and when i tried the next time it went back to the original Pixel Shader issue, so it seems im back at square one.

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

P.S. When i verified the integrity of the cache it stopped at 100% and never said it was finished it just reinstalled the game so IDK what the deal there was.

Bloody hell you're not lucky...so it still doesn't work ? Always running as administrator (right clicking on the icon) ?

OMG guys i finally got it lol to be honest i dont know what worked persay but i restarted the computer after i got a bad serial number given in setup and it finally launched. Thank you so much for the help, I truly am appreciative!:yay:

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

Ok well i have everything set up i just need to access the Combined Ops but when i try to launch it from steam and the direct link both as Admin i get the Cmd Prompt box then it disappears really quick and nothing happens, ive looked at a few threads but none of them seems to know what to do besides running A2 and OA first, but ive already done that. Any help?!?