Sign in to follow this  
weewaa

Direct chat not working possible reason here

Hi i opened a ticket on your support website and it was closed. He said to come here. Anyway i cant see others peoples direct chat when i play oa or co but they can see mine, i can see direct chat fine when i play arma 2 standalone. Now i use a three USB dongle modem and i think that is the problem for some reason or another. Maybe someone may have some insight on this if the USB dongle causes problems. Any solution other then cable internet is welcome. I would change my internet provider but this is whats available to me in my area at the moment, thanks.

Start by clicking on the start button and then type in "Firewall". Click on "Allow a program through Windows Firewall".

2je4vpg.jpg

Make sure you see ArmA and all of it's addons in the list. Make sure they have been checked as shown in the image. If you do not see them, click "Allow another program..." If you do see them, you can skip the last step.

dcshfl.jpg

Once you click on "Allow another program...", another window will pop up. This will have a list of many programs you have installed on your computers. You should see ArmA in this list, if you do not, you can browse for it. Click "Add" once you find and select ArmA.

f0av4y.jpg

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Please let me know if this did or did not solve your issue.

I'm getting this too. The firewall idea doesn't seem to work as I already got them checked in there. :(

EDIT: I'm using the latest beta patch too by the way.

Thank you for the very detailed response :D

I will let you know how it fairs out once i confirm with some random players if can see there direct chat.

Grunt what type of internet are you using, if you dont mind me asking? :) Im using a three usb dongle myself.