cimalex

Project 82 The Falklands/Malvinas war mod Work In Progress - Pics

After I was disappeared for a long time (RL issues) I'm back...

We might have soon some nice good news and more things to show.

Stay tuned...

Good news indeed, ill be contributing to this now.

If this mod gets the Krinkov/Spetznaz/Chechen/IRA attention to detail then I'm drooling.

Good news indeed, ill be contributing to this now.
I am thinking your CWR2 British Troops could be perfect for an 1982 Scenario ;)

I am thinking your CWR2 British Troops could be perfect for an 1982 Scenario ;)

You thought right. Im giving them to Cimalex for him to "winter" them up a bit. Short sleeves were a no go in the Falklands :p

This is funny, earlier today I was thinking about how great the CWR2 units would be for the Falklands mod and sure enough what do I find on the forum :D

I've been on some kind of Falklands kick for the last month, watching lots of videos and reading everything I can find. I'm really excited for this.

Cimalex,

You thought right. Im giving them to Cimalex for him to "winter" them up a bit. Short sleeves were a no go in the Falklands :p

Any chance you can obtain permission to use/modify Lennard's 19 backpack variants, so you can outfit Col Stagler's units with proper bergens? Like this:

_a2_sas_w_bergens_inserted.jpg

William

Im trying to direct Cimalex to move more into cooperation with CWR2 as if this mod has CWR2 as a requirement, it will eliminate the need to make many new assets.

Yeah I can see that being a really good idea actually, should that happen I would assume the CWR2 team might also be able to direct some additional members to assist Cimalex and those already working on the project with him as well. That would certainly speed up content creation and benefit both sides.

Yeah, it would save myself and Cimalex alot of time on weapons and assets if we were to use the ones included in CWR2, and add the ones relevant to P82.

Some pictures of the skyhawk.

skyhawkdistraction.jpg

skyhawkdistraction1.jpg

PD: Cimalex i hope you read this, i couldnt send you a message throught the forums cause you got your message box full, delete some old message!

Hi to everyone !

Sorry for my late reply, due to RL issues...

Thanks to NZDFCrash and colonel stagler now I have two UK troops set of models, and one for the argentines, I and the other guys of the team have to decide if it's possible to move more into coop with CWR2 like stagler says (we could save time and time on weapons, textures etc...).

Should not be a bad idea to become a partner of this great mod, who knows...

Anyway (I know that this is not the right place/forum) I need some help from you guys to finalise the island and troops, so if you can give me a helping hand.

Sadly Travis/Dragula our island artist is out from the scenes due to RL and Rabidus has some troubles with his PC.

To Foxtrop: Yeah you are right dude, Now I've deleted many of the old messages so you can write me a PM, and yeah again, you are doing a great work with your argentine forces warbirds!

I'm planning to release your Pucara as soon I have finished testing and found a decent argentine pilot.

Thanks to NZDFCrash and colonel stagler now I have two UK troops set of models, and one for the argentines, I and the other guys of the team have to decide if it's possible to move more into coop with CWR2 like stagler says (we could save time and time on weapons, textures etc...).

Should not be a bad idea to become a partner of this great mod, who knows...

Glad to hear that you are moving in co-op with CWR2 i think that will defiantly speed up the mod, as CWR2 already have alot of weapons and vehicles created which you can use :)

I was fucking about with Port Stanley the other night, not working on it just looking, the version I have seems to be going well but needs more work. You really forget how barren and bland the falklands is.

As I said goose I wasnt working on it. Im not part of the P82 mod team, I just have access to their stuff because I am a contributor, but yes I think they are basing it off the A1 island.

AFAIK yes, Cimalex is probably just chilling like everyone else for the festive period.

some new been test new island for P82 full size Falkland, it big but it barren as colonel said so it not to bad, great to fly around.

You guys might want to contact the RWO guys over in the User missions thread.

They have now released half a dozen campaigns and they're all of a very high quality.

So they're quickly becoming experienced with the challenges of modelling real-world conflicts with the limited island/arms/units of Armaverse.

I'm hoping that the barren nature of the Falklands will help P82 advance as other mods out there seem offer most of the weapons.

Apart from the island, maybe the units themselves are also proving time-consuming?

Personally I'd love this project released perhaps more than any other.

I'd even pay for it if it were sold as a full price DLC (€20?)

thank mate, I think the same. Falklands in news too, my have it ready for round 2. I have very great feel on the map, Wish I could find a old military map it.

I wish I could help but the largest map that I could find was this one:

http://4photos.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/falkland-islands-map.png

Which sadly lacks any topographical relief, which I imagine is the key detail that a military map would offer.

This one is half the size of the first but offers more detail/

http://www.vidiani.com/maps/maps_of_south_america/maps_of_falkland_islands/large_detailed_road_and_elevation_map_of_falkland_islands.jpg

This is once again more detailed but lower resolution:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Falkland_Islands_topographic_map-en.svg

Have you tried Google Maps/Earth?

Hi Gents,

dragula is working on a new Falklands/Malvinas map now, hope you'll get some pics soon, looks he have redone completely the islands from scratch using A2 buildings and more over...

I will try to complete my addons during my (limited) freetime.

Hope to show you something soon.

Cheers