cimalex

Project 82 The Falklands/Malvinas war mod Work In Progress - Pics

Hi to everyone, especially to our team mates Konyo, Travis, Rabidus and the other guys who support the mod. We are proceeding rather fast, and you can see now the first result of many hours spent in research and modelling as well as porting to A2 old but good addons made during the entire BIS gaming history from Ofp to A1 and finally to A2. Here we can see the first pics of the Port Stanley map by Nicholas Bell for MLV Mod to A1 that have been ported to A2 under finalisation by our artist @Travis: A2_Stanley4.jpg Where we can show the Catholic church of Stanley with argentine troops chatting and waiting something. The next pic shows a nice view of the bay in front of Port Stanley, nice view of the docks and surrounding residential area. A2_Stanley3.jpg While the next depicts a view of the Streets of the commercial area http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n339/CimaleX/A2_Stanley2.jpg (105 kB) and finally the mounts (or better, hills) that surround and protect the capital of the Falklands area, note the typical harsh terrain where the argentine troops had sto dig in and stay for two months, waiting the british task force incoming. A2_Stanley_Mounts.jpg The last pics show a bit of our work in progress with Konyo's Westland Wessex under test developing opening doors and pilot windows. P82_Wessex_02.jpg Rabidus first step with his Harrier GR3 / Sea Harrier duo P82_Harrier_GR3.jpg again Konyo testing inflight his nice Wessex chopper P82_Wessex_03.jpg and finally mine & Travis O2 efforts making some nice argentine and british troops using the best of our, Pedagne Mod and Vilas soldiers donated with obvious permission for the purpose, british para next: P82_Paras2.jpg basic argentine infantry with M1 WWI helmet P82_argentine_mg.jpg and again british paras with their typical maroon beret: P82_Paras.jpg Don't forget our logo - Project 82 wallpaper: http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n339/CimaleX/Project82.jpg (156 kB) If anyone wants to cooperate with our historcila related mod, we are still recreuting, everyone is more than welcome ! By CimaleX

The last pic:

Konyo has just finished his Westland Wessex chopper in green pattern.

After he will a rework of Scout and Gazelle; more british helo are on the move !

Project82Wessex.jpg

Rabidus work will follow soon.

It's nice to see another effort to bring this theatre into Arma2.

In which way is your team connected to previous Falklands/Malvinas mod teams from Arma and Ofp?

That stuff looks fantastic. Especially the terrain. Nice work!

Looking great. I think back to the Ofp days and loved the Falklands mod for Ofp.

Ansering to those who ask about connection with previous Ofp in the Flk and old MLV mods, well we pratically are working on the heritage of those great mods porting some of old addons to A2 and making new others.

Curiously as I said several times in this forum, apart the islands there's plenty of old FLK and MLV addons ported to A2 but with other mods, it's quite a shame because the history behind the Falklands conflict is very interesting, and in my opionion infuenced in many ways actual warfare.

The Westland Wessex depicted here and ported to A2 by Konyo is a nice addon of old MLV times, I received the Mlods from the guy who made the mod years ago, and now thanks to skilled addon maker like Konyo, Travis and Rabidus (without counting other like Arremba from pedagne mod and CBFASI or Trouble who gave indirect full support) those old toys will revive to A2...

P82_Wessex_06.jpg

Here another nice pic of the Wessex:

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n339/CimaleX/P82_Wessex_05.png (132 kB)

Recruiting in our P82 Mod is still open, if you want to join and help us...

First off I'm rather happy to see someone picking this up again. I was part of the original FLK team and CBFASI is still a good friend and it rather nice to see a lot of the old stuff being recycled. My only question is are you going to upgrade them to ArmA2/3 standards? Specifically creating "destroyed" buildings and RVMATS?

Also I dont know how accurate you want to be - and I feel a bit crap pointing this out - but that's not a Wessex as such. Its CH-34 Choctaw. The Westland Wessex has a different nose, well the three versions specific to the Falklands 82 era (HAS.3, HC.2 and HU.5) each have different noses and other less prominent differences to each other. All are visibly different. I can give you schematics for them if you like.

Hi RKSL Rock,

yes you are right, being more specific on this issue, this is a CH-34 not a Wessex, anyway for problems of time available, skills and lack of proper resources (Mlods) we have just been able to port this nice bird from Ofp to A2 with the great work of Konyo, who alone was able to start the Mlod I received from old MLV artist (it was a lone guy who before A2 started, under my pressure sent me the whole production 'cause I wanted port all to A1) to A2 with quite all gauges working.

30 years after the war celebrations in April, I had that foolish idea to port the old Ofp and A1 stuff into A2 before A3 is out, some chaps responded and now we are working on this mod.

The quality is rather basic but OK, if compared to your and other top addon makers, anyway the result looks good, now in the island @Travis is replacing some old Ofp era buildings with chernarus houses and so on.

A lot of work have still to be made, and porting the whole 1982 Ofp in the Flk is a pure illusion, you were a team of professionals, and the results are still actual and visible after years.

Anyway every effort, mlods or gifts or whatever you can give to our mod, are more than welcome.

Thanks for your reply that gave a lot of visibility to our mod.

CimaleX the coordinator of the P82 Falklands/Malvinas war Mod

Well If you need any reference material i still have a large library from the FLK days. Including the complete magazine series covering the war from the mid 80's. I'd be happy to scan anything you need.

I withdraw any offer of help.

As for the FLK Team being "professionals" perhaps some of us went on to become "professionals" making content on the side for VBS etc but I promise you that at the time we were all amateurs all clumsily ploughing on. All trying to help each other work it all out. Honestly though most of the work was done by just three people: CBFASI did the bulk of it including all the ships and terrains. Col Klink and Footmunch provided the next largest contributions with the rest of us providing little bits to fill the gaps.

After nearly 10 years in this game series there is still so much i cannot do on my own. Without the help of my friends I wouldn't be able to get my own stuff in game and working. Don't run your own efforts down. I'm definitely looking forward to playing with what you produce. I'm sorry that i cant really help you. I'm already massively over committed with real life, work and RKSL/IAP stuff.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

One of the massive effort you could make for this mod, should let me know how to find the modeller who made the A-4 Skyhawk, because I cannot find anyone that could release the Mlod.

If I need some more references (that you could scan from your magazine store) I will PM you soon.

Thanks for interest and effort.

Cheers

One of the massive effort you could make for this mod, should let me know how to find the modeller who made the A-4 Skyhawk, because I cannot find anyone that could release the Mlod.

If I need some more references (that you could scan from your magazine store) I will PM you soon.

Thanks for interest and effort.

Cheers

Theoriginal author was Col Klink. He granted limited permissions to some people and then left the community. I haven't seen him online in a very long time now. I'll try emailing him for you but i dont know if he even uses this email address i have anymore..

Great to see you guys develop this mod. A couple of days ago I just watched a documentary about this war which definitely an expedition war model.

And can't wait to see some stuff about Argentina Army.

This mod looks better and better. Excited to see the outcome of your work :)

Nice work guys, if there is anything I can help with, jut let me know.

Thanks for all positive feedback guys.

Help is always welcome 'cause we are few and work with some limitations.

Hi YorT and other community mates,

If you have really time and want give us some help making things like editing, finishing, texturing and config our stuff please PM me.

Actually we need an artist who help me finishing argentine and british troops, as well as finishing some vehicles and porting to A2 some old Ofp and A1 files.

After Col. Klink who is the author of the nice A-4 Skyhawk left the community, we might also looking for a modeller who starts pratically from 0 a new A-4 Skyhawk.

Or if Col Klink release his Mlod, we might need to update it.

We have currently finished a Wessex (ex Chocktaw) chopper and are actually making the Sea King series.

Stay tuned for incoming video and pics.

I know Wld427 has an A-4 Skyhawk in PRACS and I'm pretty sure IceBreakr has that same one in Lingor.

You might want to hit up Wld427 about the A-4.

I loved OFP's Falklands mod and I look forward to Arma 2's one. Good job guys!

yea!!! I cant wait! nice job!!! Looking great

i was part of the Malvinas war mod for a1 as a missions builder and if you like i would be more then happy to make missions for you onces you are readly for some missions been built to release with the mod look forward to hearing from you

a few of my missions

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4521

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10279

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6112

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12714

plus many more

Edited by Lightninguk

I thought I recognized some buildings, boy some of them look really old now.. (in IT terms they are ancient !!!)

I will see what I can do about some bits and pieces to help. but I forget things very easily.