Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Yeah, maybe that's what he meant, though I don't see how a board game hurts the economy... Maybe if it makes people buy fewer computer games? :) To stay a bit on topic, I'm getting a "Out of memory" error on the Thorn Tree mission, just after the "defend" task is completed. Anyone knows why that happens, never had any such problem before. I'm using the Steam version of OA.

I got that error a few times also at the beginning (Sprocket version). Never tracked down what the problem was, but after a mission restart or two, it hasn't happened since. I always play with the most recent OA beta patch...

Thanks OMAC, guess I'll have to replay the whole mission and hope that the error will not still be there.

Hello

Thought i leave some feedback on this DLC. I actually really like it, the bootcamp mission is(feels) of higher quality and i had a really good time playing the campain. The units look really good and the sound is alot better(my oppinion). The bigger downsides are the visual issues as LOD delay when turning + grass flickering, but except that, the new maps are pretty good. Dont know why but it some times feels like they are more realistic, no idea why (maybe better colors?)

Well worth it, i say :)

It's about damn time. :D Now if only my garbage internet connection can hold out while it downloads...

For anyone wondering, as was said a number of pages back, you will probably have to add "-mod=ACR" to the launch options under properties on steam. That was the only way I could get it to work.

Will comment on the DLC itself when I have a chance. It looks pretty cool so far. Map is small, but I like it.

Alright, it's finally on Steam, hooray!

BIS: You could have done a better job communicating to Steam users.

Is it just me or did the AI get even more stupid?

I bought the ACR expansion but i cannot get it to work. I added "-mod=ACR" to the launch options and have tried starting it in many different ways but when it still does not work. in the add-on section of the main menu it says ACR but i can find any of the content anywhere in the game. also on steam it says i bought it in the store but it isnt in my library. I reset my computer and everything but i still can not find any of the content anywhere. Is there something i missed?

edit: considering i cant even find any of the files on my hard drive i dont think it downloaded

Edited by arbiter178

I bought the ACR expansion but i cannot get it to work. I added "-mod=ACR" to the launch options and have tried starting it in many different ways but when it still does not work. in the add-on section of the main menu it says ACR but i can find any of the content anywhere in the game. also on steam it says i bought it in the store but it isnt in my library. I reset my computer and everything but i still can not find any of the content anywhere. Is there something i missed?

edit: considering i cant even find any of the files on my hard drive i dont think it downloaded

You need to run Steam as administrator and then launch Operation Arrowhead - it should then install the DLC.

I got it today, and played for a good few hours. I must say I'm a bit disappointed by the maps. I expected a bit more than just cut-outs from maps we already knew by heart. I must say, though, that the map based on southern Chernarus (forgot the name) does feel a lot like a new map due to the summer theme. There's a whole different vibe going on, and I like it.

Things I do love are the new weapons, the character models (dem SF Recon guys), the vehicles, and the shooting range 'minigame'. I've also played the first mission of the new campaign, and although it had its moments of Arma weirdness, it made for some good, infantry-based fun. All in all, I'd say so far it's worth the 10 euros I spent on it.

I'm part way through the first mission. My biggest complaint is this obsession with four man teams. I doubt they'd send in only four guys to do that. I also preferred the fall setting of cherny, but the summer does provide a new feel as mentioned. I really like the units and vehicles. I agree. $10 well spent.

I think four man teams are optimal for a single player campaign. Small enough to control easily, but big enough to bring a lot of firepower, and to continue the mission even if one or two men get killed. Sure, in real life, or if playing against human enemies, you'd want maybe a platoon or company for those kinds of missions, but controlling all of those people would be very difficult in single player. And I much prefer a four man fireteam to the two man teams you had in PMC.

Edited by Johan S

Yeah, I think the 4-man squad works pretty well as far as gameplay is concerned. I've never liked micromanaging my squad much in single player missions, so I think having many more AI teammates would just make things more tedious.

Also, am I doing something wrong or do the ambient modules (ambient vehicles, civilians, etc.) not work on the ACR maps?

Edited by Degtyarov

Also, am I doing something wrong or do the ambient modules (ambient vehicles, civilians, etc.) not work on the ACR maps?

You're doing nothing wrong, they just don't work. There are no town centres, so the ambient civ/vehicles don't know where to spawn.

I don't get how an 8 man squad is any harder to control than 4. The menu is already complicated as it is, the only difference is that you can select more units. The game already uses so much of the keyboard I don't see why it's such an issue. Say what you will, but the constant use of four man super-teams and cheesy filter effects (I'm looking at you Eagle Wing) just screems "generic shooter." (I remember when everyone ripped DR to shreds over the night sky effect, but when BIS does the same thing to EW, it's suddenly awesome.) So long story short and to avoid further ranting, I'm still very pleased with this DLC, but I personally find the 4 man squads to be more of a pain than larger ones. One man goes down and you are now at 75%. I really doubt any GOOD military, like ACR, would send in four soldiers, in a barely protective vehicle, with no support, to scour an entire countryside filled with an an unknown number of heavily armed hostiles. I much prefer the missions where you have enough guys that you can split off into groups and have the ai achieve one objective while you take the other group to another. But, whatever works I guess. I'm happy to have some content that is more unique than the usual US/Russia/Middle East. I think the ACR and BAF units are really cool.

I really doubt any GOOD military, like ACR, would send in four soldiers

Maybe not to patrol a country side, but 4 man fireteams are pretty standard.

A fireteam is a small military unit of infantry. It is the smallest unit in the militaries that use it and is the primary unit upon which infantry organization is based in the British Army, Royal Air Force Regiment, Royal Marines, United States Army, United States Marine Corps, United States Air Force Security Forces, Canadian Forces, and Australian Army. Fireteams generally consist of four or fewer soldiers and are usually grouped by two or three teams into a squad or section.

I know quite well that fireteams are standard. ;) But using a lone fireteam to traverse a country side, engaging hostiles, and hunting a wanted man with no support is not standard. I'm no military strategist, but I would have liked to have at least double that and some type of armored or armed vehicle. I'm still very much enjoying it; it just feels so limited. "Here's a Mclaren, but don't go over 20mph." It's only the first mission though, I still have to find out where it goes from here.

Edited by GRS