Photo
- - - - -

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (In the future)

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic
bobtom
bobtom

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:46 #1

Watch:

x3tedlWs1XY

Takes place in the future, 2025. So there will be a lot of unmanned things.

The plot seems to revolve around some enemy faction taking over all the unmanned things and taking out Los Angeles this time.

Upsized Quadrotors also seem to be a very prominent element.
My Twitter = Here|I'm "Craig" ingame| http://www.dynamiczombiesandbox.com
Posted ImagePosted Image

maturin
maturin

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5727 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:48 #2

Good news about the future setting. It's an indication that the industry realizes how tapped-out modern war is, as a basic for all these samey grey shooting games. It's a more honest setting for Black Ops' absurdity, without betraying anything like Ghost Recon.

Even ArmA is doing it, obviously.
My Chernarussian Civil War SP missions:
Enfilade Ambush
Autumn Siege

GRS
GRS

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:00 #3

A friend showed me that trailer. Not interested. Actually not such a terrible concept but......

nodunit
nodunit

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • 4354 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:00 #4

Another COD woopdy doo. Also don't bring up Arma3's future setting in comparison to this, much less when it showcased a future setting before this and is not as balls to the wall as this, nor is it as sci fi as the others.

Edited by NodUnit, 02 May 2012 - 08:03.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
https://www.paypal.c...G.gif:NonHosted Alternate donate url if the above does not work.

Flash Thunder
Flash Thunder

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2278 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:07 #5

Too bad Arma 3 and Other games will keep me occupied.

This new approach looks dumb too me. I laughed when I saw the horses what did everything get EMP'd?
*HAF 922 Cooler Master case
*ASUS Maximus VI Gene Republic of Gamers Motherboard
*Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell @3.8ghz
*Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 @1600mhz
*EVGA GTX 970 4GB VRAM
*Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD
*Corsair 850Watt PSU modular
*ASUS PB278Q 27' WQHD LED 2560x1440p PLS @60hz

NoRailgunner
NoRailgunner

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • 4688 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:26 #6

Like publishers/game devs did WW2 theme to death they will probably do it with future and superfuture setting. Where is the creativity or innovative gameplay/design with only profit and customer retention ruling the decisions? On the other hand just look at US market and see how many people just like + buy such simple shooter games.

Mr. Charles
Mr. Charles

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1837 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:26 #7

COD4 rehash #5 :rolleyes:
Posted Image

hellfire257
hellfire257

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1267 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:20 #8

I keep thinking maybe they'll surpass COD4. Maybe they'll come up with something the sets the bar as high as COD4 did. Maybe they'll come up with something innovative.

Every damn time they prove me wrong. I guess this is what happens when the majority of your audience is made up of mouth-breathing idiots - you can get away with it.

It looks like COD4 will always be the best COD.

evil_brownie
evil_brownie

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:16 #9

Much like previous ones, no thanks...

@Flash Thunder
+1 On the horses thing. I thought: What the? what is this? A flashback to an old western?

Maio
Maio

• 2964 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:55 #10

Fancy trailer :) Horse riding is a game play element... diversity... it helps keeping things fresh to a certain degree. It will still be a rail shooter, I don't expect anything fresh out if it.
Oh...and why did they have to bring woods back to life...

alwarren
alwarren

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2641 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:06 #11

Walking robot combat machines in 2025? No way. It took fifty years and counting to replace the M16 rifle, it will take at least another 50 years to replace the human element. Sure, technology is advancing, but the time between research and actual deployment is long, and will also be dictated by need. Why would you need walking battle tanks when the other side still uses T-55?

Apart from that, it's CoD. That means that you cannot go for a minute without something exploding.

Good thing ArmA 3 is coming :)
Posted Image Posted Image
Join the Community Upgrade Project (thread website)

STALKERGB
STALKERGB

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:39 #12

Looks alright, but then I think that about every CoD these days. Pretty good mindless fun...

But still, horses! :)

Motion Capture that Horse!
STALKERGB ♪♫ FYI AFK IRL... (Very slow to answer these days...)

British Infantry for ARMA 3

British 3 Rifle MTP ARMA2 - Twitter with updates on WIP: @Mat_Kav

krycek
krycek

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1166 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:42 #13

I sometimes believe I'm watching some kind of joke whenever a new Cod is announced,but then I realize that millions of people actually pay for this shit.Damn it I forgot to shut off my brain whenever I watch a new CoD trailer,now I have to judge it for what it is.
Mucho grande explosions-check
Linear driving\riding\piloting-check
Press button and something awesome happens(trademark from Bioware)-check
Respawning enemy waves unless you advance-check
We just need some new advanced gameplay mechanics like AI opening the doors for you and auto-aim...oh wait they already introduced those,wonder whats next.
Instead forking 50$ for this crap better watch some Michael Bay flick,it's really the same and you won't feel guilty for encourage them to produce this "game?" every year.

jacknorrisuk
jacknorrisuk

Corporal

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:46 #14

I lol'd at the mechs and the horses...
It looks terribly thought-out. 2025? Basically one decade away. That level of technology is either 2050+, or just never.
I'm just so glad that BIS didn't envision the near future to be SO DARN CAMP. And cliche.

I haven't played any COD games since the first one, which I got for Christmas and completed by Boxing day; was left thoroughly disappointed!

Maio
Maio

• 2964 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:54 #15

Ok... it seems they are trying to change a thing or two:
http://pc.ign.com/ar.../1224070p1.html

tonci87
tonci87

Colonel

• Members
  • 9554 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 13:56 #16

Ok... it seems they are trying to change a thing or two:
http://pc.ign.com/ar.../1224070p1.html

No they are not, that´s just PR BS. The gameplay will be the same, you will get a few new gadgets, that´s about it.
Posted Image Master of testing for a better Arma and well, for science.
Teach the AI how to drive. Teach AI Tank drivers to turn their front towards the enemy. Give us supression effects for AI . Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. More Civilian assets. Females. Weapon resting. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have.

Mr. Charles
Mr. Charles

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1837 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 14:24 #17

I lol'd at the mechs

Get your hats, gentlemen. We're going to town on mechs!
Posted Image

Slatts
Slatts

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3414 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 14:44 #18

this is the final nail in the coffin for the COD spin offs...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Slatts_modding
PhotoBucket album: http://s296.beta.pho...ro-man/library/

Slatts & HydroPump - Brothers in ArmA since 2002

Help fuel the Monster fund! And in turn, help me create more free content!
https://www.paypal.c...d=VBKWN4UGDL676

metalcraze
metalcraze

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5157 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 15:33 #19

It's like CoD became a parody of itself.

Walking robots? Horses? Hahaha
ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Guess two years post-release aren't enough to make ArmA3 at least half as dumbed down.

maturin
maturin

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5727 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 17:06 #20

Too bad Arma 3 and Other games will keep me occupied.

This new approach looks dumb too me. I laughed when I saw the horses what did everything get EMP'd?

The horses were the only thing I liked about the trailer. It's probably inspired by the invasion of Afganistan. The Northern Alliance and Army special forces charged Taliban BMPs and Shilkas on horseback, under cover of airstrikes. It was on the way to take Mazar-e-Sharif. You can read about in some book called Horse Soldiers or something.

So eat crow, everyone.
My Chernarussian Civil War SP missions:
Enfilade Ambush
Autumn Siege