Photo
- - - - -

Will you update beta version as bugs get fixed?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 moondrift47

moondrift47

Private First Class

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 19:56

I was wondering if as the bugs are fixed, or at least the big ones, will you update the beta? I just thought it would be good as the updates may fix one bug but uncover another which we won't find till the full release?

#2 KKrzy

KKrzy

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 00:56

I was wondering if as the bugs are fixed, or at least the big ones, will you update the beta? I just thought it would be good as the updates may fix one bug but uncover another which we won't find till the full release?

They mentioned this on the main website saying it may not happen, but September is a far time away and they may just release something. Though, do not hope for any NEW content, but they may. Just wait and see and keep checking back I guess.

#3 Dajunka

Dajunka

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 16:59

I really hope they do upgrade the beta, especially were the controls are concerned, it's very difficult to play when your left handed. :)

#4 Liquidpinky

Liquidpinky

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1565 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 18:00

Would be nice to have it working on triple monitor systems now too. :)

The Dummehs guide to running Arma2 within a RamDrive or on multiple HDDs

Spoiler

#5 Gazzareth

Gazzareth

Sergeant

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 18:08

I suspect that we will see an updated BETA, although it probably be after they have ironed out all of the major bugs first.

G

#6 Dajunka

Dajunka

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 18:08

Yeah! This game was made for eye infinity, it would be out of this world.

#7 St!gar

St!gar

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 22:57

The very idea of not updating the beta as it goes along sounds completely insane to me.

#8 Jedra

Jedra

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2048 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:33

The very idea of not updating the beta as it goes along sounds completely insane to me.

Also totally contrary to what they normally do - I would also find it very strange if they didn't.
Jedra's Addons
Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

#9 Dajunka

Dajunka

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:10

Has anyone tried downloading the beta again recently to see if there has been a version change?

#10 MadDogX

MadDogX

Mindless F@nb0!

• Moderators
  • 9049 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:18

Has anyone tried downloading the beta again recently to see if there has been a version change?

If there were an update, they would have announced it.

Gigabyte Z97-HD3 Motherboard | Intel Core i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz | NVidia GTX 970
16GB G-Skill Ripjaws 2133MHz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | be Quiet! 750W PSU

#11 Dajunka

Dajunka

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:48

If there were an update, they would have announced it.

But....but, just say that they hadn't, and that they keep the beta up to date.

#12 JM0N

JM0N

Private First Class

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 20:09

For CRIPES sake isn't this the whole reason why we're participating in the play & contribute system ?

To find the bugs & have Bohemia repair them and then have us retest it when they have ?

There are some pretty large game busting issues with the BETA as it stands - not being able to save games, game freezing, random crashes, AI glitches etc. etc.

If Bohemia fixed them all at once and then issued the game to GO GOLD without proper testing of these potential fixes .... well.......I think this game would get panned by the public in general which would be an epic shame because I believe Carrier Command could be the GOTY if done properly.

#13 Dajunka

Dajunka

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:26

I believe Carrier Command could be the GOTY if done properly.

ATM it has many bugs, graphical glitches and a zhitty control system. But when these are fixed, then.....

Without any shadow of a doubt.

Edited by Dajunka, 26 April 2012 - 10:41.