the rules are simpler, they cover wider range
and are less annoyance for all involved parties (us, content creator and the service)
1. Download attached document " Bohemia_Interacttive_Youtube_approval_new_2013.PDF "
2. Fill the date, name
3. Write email, include Your website, YT/Vimeo etc. channels (if You have more than 10k users and 100k/work views then mention it in bold)
4. Use subject named [Audio&Video Monetization]+your subject text
5. send to following email(s) to me (yours lovely Community Manager )
and copy to our PR staff
6. NOTE: this is one way process (don't expect us send you anything) !
you announce to us with the signed document (+details filled) then you tell Youtube etc. you did that + link them to post #1 in this thread
the PDF text contains
'BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE' as (“THE LICENSER”)
GRANTS TO '…..................................................................................................................................' (“THE APPLICANT“)
A PERSONAL, NON-EXCLUSIVE, NON-TRANSFERABLE LICENSE TO USE AND DISPLAY GAME CONTENT
AND TO CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS BASED UPON AUDIO & VIDEO CAPTURE / RECORDING
(“THE WORK“) OF (“THE CONTENT”),
FOR A WORLDWIDE COMMERCIAL USE OF (“THE WORK“) BASED ON FULL, DEMO VERSIONS OF
"POUND OF GROUND", "ALTERNATIVA", "THE FISH FILLETS 2", "PAT & MAT", "MEMENTO MORI",
"ARMA: COLD WAR ASSAULT", "ARMA: COMBAT OPERATIONS", "ARMA: GOLD", "ARMA 2", "ARMA 2: FREE",
"ARMA 2: OPERATION ARROWHEAD", "ARMA 2: COMBINED OPERATIONS", "ALPHA PRIME",
"ARMA 2: BRITISH ARMED FORCES", "ARMA 2: PRIVATE MILITARY COMPANY", "ARMA 2: REINFORCEMENTS", "ARMA 2: ARMY OF CZECH REPUBLIC", "ARMA 2: FIRING RANGE", "ARMA 2: COMPLETE COLLECTION", "TAKE ON HELICOPTERS", "TAKE ON HELICOPTERS: HINDS", "TAKE ON HELICOPTERS: REARMED",
"TAKE ON HELICOPTERS: NOISECONTROLLERS", "CARRIER COMMAND: GAEA MISSION", "ARMA 3",
"TAKE ON MARS",
,(“THE GAMES”) FROM (“THE LICENSER”), UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
1. (“THE LICENSER”) IS INFORMED BY (“THE APPLICANT“) ABOUT ANY (“THE WORK“) RELEASE CONTAINING (“THE CONTENT”) BASED ON (“THE GAMES”) (IN CASE OF SERIAL, CHANNEL ONLY 1ST INSTANCE NEEDED)
2. (“THE LICENSER”) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AGAINST TO (“THE WORK“).
IN THAT CASE (“THE APPLICANT“) AGREES TO REMOVE THE (“THE WORK“) IN QUESTION
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (TAKING NO LONGER THAN 60 DAYS PERIOD).
3. (“THE LICENSER”) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THIS LICENSE AT ANY TIME AND
(“THE APPLICANT“) AGREES TO NOT RELEASE ANY ADDITIONAL (“THE WORK“)
4. (“THE APPLICANT“)AGREES TO INCLUDE INTO EVERY (“THE WORK“) AND IT'S DESCRIPTION
THE FOLLOWING NOTICE:
" This video was created using games from Bohemia Interactive. "
" '%Game's Title%' is a registered trademark of Bohemia Interactive a.s. "
" See www.bistudio.com for more information."
5. IF (“THE APPLICANT“)'sINCOME FROM (“THE WORK“) CONTAINING (“THE CONTENT”) BASED ON
(“THE GAMES”) IS HIGHER THAN 1 (ONE) THOUSAND EURO (EUROPEAN UNION) OR 1 (ONE) THOUSAND USD (REST OF WORLD) PER MONTH THEN (“THE APPLICANT“) MUST INFORM (“THE LICENSER”)AND
OBTAIN A NEW APPROVED LICENSE BY (“THE LICENSER”) (THROUGHT NON-PUBLIC DOCUMENT)
6. (“THE LICENSER”) DOESN'T GRANT (“THE APPLICANT“) ANY LICENSE TO COMMUNITY MADE CONTENT!
(“THE APPLICANT“) MUST SEEK TO OBTAIN SUCH LICENSE FROM THE COMMUNITY CONTENT CREATORS!
Example of use:
You record video of Your 100vs100 battle on server and want upload it to Your Youtube account
(monetizing is paid by Google for ads shown etc.) this license approval can be used for passing Google's rules on the granted rights
you make audio and/or video using our games content or our media content and then want get or get profit off it ?
you need to have or obtain license approval
any text related work (e.g. story set in ARMA's universum needs extra approval/changed license etc.)
You don't need re-edit and reupload already uploaded videos, you will lose Your YT view counts etc.
You don't need to wait for us to reply, the must key is fill the form and send it to us ...
so we are aware of Your existance
if You need acknowledge from us please send us another email asking for it explicitly
and define if you need it as document or just email
Non-profit a&v cases stays same as until now !
This doesn't cover anything from user-made content,
for that You need obtain approval from the respective IP owners.
HTTP download: http://downloads.bis...al_new_2013.pdf
the PDFs are now obsolete too ...
Edited by Dwarden, 18 February 2015 - 10:38 AM.
more clear title, 2013 July update