This script enables vehicles to be equipped with a Shot Detection System. The system is currently only able to detect RPG shots within 300m of the vehicle. The system will display a visual representation of the direction that the RPG was fired through the means of a clock-face and text stating the direction in clock-bearing.
The system is based after the Boomerang Shot Detection that is currently in service around the world today. The script does not represent the system as true to real life, but uses it as a basis to work from.
This script is ACE ready and will detect the various RPG projectiles included by the ACE Mod.
- Add ability to detect rifle and other hand-held weapon shots
- Look into possible JIP issues
- Create Soldier mounted version with appropriate images and functionality
- Create non-vehicle based version for placement as a base defense system
- Make Boomerang model and turn into addon??
Scripting by Blackpython (Base script) & Hawke (Dialog)
Audio by Unkl and Blackpython
Images by LowSpeedHighDrag
Found in the ReadMe.txt in the file.
(Please do not mirror without permission!)
Edited by Zephyrdark, 15 April 2012 - 02:43.