Sign in to follow this  
rubberkite

WARFARE BE2 *Rubber Ed*

It would be good to get some addon units into there - I like adding unusual units (by this I mean little used publically) for instance it would be good to see mods like Iranian Forces and JSDF in warfare as well as some of the more manly special forces stuff.

If it's easy for you to document the scripts that need changing to port to a new island that would be good (for example I am not sure if the towns are generated from the config or manually placed in an array) - it would save me some time digging through the code and bugging people in the forums!!

I will be out of home all the week end so I made this little tutorial so if u want u can start and try ;)

first add a call to your addon core file:

Common\Init\Init_Common.sqf

case WF_A2_CombinedOps: {
	/* Gear Core */
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core_Gear\Core_Vanilla_G.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core_Gear\Core_Arrowhead_G.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core_Gear\Core_BAF_G.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core_Gear\Core_PMC_G.sqf';
	/* Class Core */
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_ACR.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_BAF.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_BAFD.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_BAFW.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_CDF.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_CIV.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_DeltaForce.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_FR.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_GUE.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_INS.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_KSK.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_MVD.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_PMC.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_RU.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_Spetsnaz.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_TKA.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_TKCIV.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_TKGUE.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_TKSF.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_US.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_USMC.sqf';
	[] Call Compile preprocessFile 'Common\Config\Core\Core_RNG.sqf'; //-- MASSI RANGER DESERT CAMO

Common\Config\Core\Core_RNG.sqf

/* Infantry */

_c = _c + ['mas_ita_unit_des_aa'];
_i = _i + [['','',1840,6,-1,2,0,0.95,'Rangers',[]]];

_c = _c + ['mas_ita_unit_des_at'];
_i = _i + [['','',1540,6,-1,2,0,0.95,'Rangers',[]]];

_c = _c + ['mas_ita_unit_des_med'];
_i = _i + [['','',340,6,-1,2,0,0.95,'Rangers',[]]];

_c = _c + ['vehicle="mas_ita_unit_des_sl";	'];
_i = _i + [['','',325,6,-1,2,0,0.94,'Rangers',[]]];

_c = _c + ['vehicle="mas_ita_unit_des_dem";'];
_i = _i + [['Engineer','',310,6,-1,2,0,0.94,'Rangers',[]]];

_c = _c + ['mas_ita_unit_des_snp'];
_i = _i + [['','',345,6,-1,2,0,0.96,'Rangers',[]]];

_c = _c + ['mas_ita_unit_des_snphv'];
_i = _i + [['','',385,6,-1,2,0,0.97,'Rangers',[]]];

_c = _c + ['mas_ita_unit_des_tl'];
_i = _i + [['','',455,6,-1,2,0,0.98,'Rangers',[]]];

_c = _c + ['mas_ita_unit_des_gl'];
_i = _i + [['','',555,6,-1,2,0,1,'Rangers',[]]];

_c = _c + ['CLASS NAME of unit/vehicle'];

_i = _i + [['name if u want replace','image if u want replace',price,time to build,factory index,upgrade,upgrade,skill,'Group Name in GUI',[]]];

* My release doesn't use upgrade tree, but if u create with also upgrade (watch other type of unit to use same upgrade level) the core file that u will create can be used also for Warfare BE standard and other modded versions.

result:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/EnVfXYxdhsc0n5f5ePmThNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

this quick tutorial is to allow u to start the creation of core file open one like core_us.sqf that is completed with all

vehicle and also static defences

this will add unit to ( GUI )

for starting slot - u can simply replace mission.sqm playable slots

and check the file:

Client\Module\Skill\Skill_Init.sqf

for adding the class name on the class skill array ( to allow special features/actions of classes )

WFBE_SK_V_Engineers = ['USMC_SoldierS_Engineer','MVD_Soldier_TL','US_Soldier_Engineer_EP1','TK_Soldier_Engineer_EP1','CDF_Soldier_Engineer','Ins_Soldier_Sapper'];
WFBE_SK_V_Officers = ['FR_Commander','RUS_Commander','US_Soldier_Officer_EP1','TK_Soldier_SL_EP1','CDF_Soldier_Officer','Ins_Commander'];
WFBE_SK_V_Medics = ['US_Soldier_Medic_EP1','US_Delta_Force_Medic_EP1','RU_Soldier_Medic','TK_Soldier_Medic_EP1'];
WFBE_SK_V_TeamLeaders = ['US_Soldier_TL_EP1','FR_TL','TK_Soldier_Officer_EP1','RU_Soldier_Officer','RUS_Soldier_TL','US_Delta_Force_TL_EP1','TK_Special_Forces_TL_EP1','CDF_Soldier_TL','Ins_Soldier_2'];
WFBE_SK_V_SpecsOps = ['GER_Soldier_Scout_EP1','FR_Sapper','TK_Special_Forces_EP1','Ins_Soldier_2'];
WFBE_SK_V_Spotters = ['US_Soldier_Marksman_EP1','USMC_SoldierS_Sniper','RU_Soldier_Spotter','MVD_Soldier_Marksman','RU_Soldier_Marksman','RU_Soldier_Sniper','US_Soldier_Spotter_EP1','TK_Soldier_Spotter_EP1','TK_Soldier_Sniper_EP1','CDF_Soldier_Sniper','Ins_Soldier_Sniper'];

Thats all for now, I will explain u how to add also new weapons in loadout, and also how to add custom addons unit to occupations forces.

The first things that u can do it's to create the CORE file with all unit and prices, when this is ready you are at good point :)

Ask my additional info if u need, ( I will be back next monday )

Cheers

Rubber

That's excellent - enough to get me started - have a great week - hope it's pleasure and not business!

That's excellent - enough to get me started - have a great week - hope it's pleasure and not business!

It's for pleasure ;) Thanks

I forget 2 things

1st remove comment on file

version.sqf

/* DEBUG */

#define WF_DEBUG 1

so u have debug mode on and u can build everythings istant, onmap click and no damage u can test everythings faster ;)

and in mission.sqm u have to add the required addons ;)

( about build time on my screenshot it's 1 because on debug mode all build time is set to 1 second ) so u don't have to wait 50 second for barracks and 6 second for each unit, just instant :)

have fun and send me the files when u finished

cheers Rubber

version.sqf

About mission on more islands, I would like to port it soon, if u want to help I can write step by step what need to be changed.

Hi Rubber,

I replied earlier to your Visitor Message, that I'm interested too to port your stuff on some other maps/islands. So if any help needed, just lemme know!

Hi Rubber,

I replied earlier to your Visitor Message, that I'm interested too to port your stuff on some other maps/islands. So if any help needed, just lemme know!

Great ! more help, is better! :)

I put a lot of effort in 1 Island this means lot of attention for details, so what I "dream" is also other porting in other map will be done with same attention for details.

Strong point and city depot are placed in "strategic" locations, and use different kind of bunkers, with some static defence and fortification around.

City layout vary from full town to berserk setting ( 33 to 4 ) and all layout got his territorial neighbour definition...

example:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/x0F7Y6GYIYr-YnsHwZ55FdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/z8TuN89TPpy8cJcSiEnMitMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gewjIIZ9Nk5Ayv2N4ACRBtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/YJbfoenSYbxzKKp_vFf2mdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

a section of: Common\Init\Init_Neighbors.sqf

case 0: {//--- Berserk Airport
			LoyManara setVariable ["neighbors", [Anar]];
			Anar setVariable ["neighbors", [LoyManara,FeeruzAbad]];
			FeeruzAbad setVariable ["neighbors", [Anar,Rasman]];
			Rasman setVariable ["neighbors", [FeeruzAbad]];
		};
	};
};
case "zargabad": {
	Qeslaq setVariable ["neighbors", [shahbaz, Zargabad]];
	Shahbaz setVariable ["neighbors", [Qeslaq, Yarum]];
	Yarum setVariable ["neighbors", [Zargabad, Shahbaz]];
	Zargabad setVariable ["neighbors", [Qeslaq, Yarum, Nango, Azizajt, HazarBagh]];
	Azizajt setVariable ["neighbors", [Zargabad, Nango]];
	Nango setVariable ["neighbors", [Zargabad, Azizajt, HazarBagh]];
	HazarBagh setVariable ["neighbors", [Zargabad, Nango]];
};

so, I don't want to "just" place stuff and say mission runs on islands x y z,

I would like to check details and test territorial link, before release, and create an "official" packages with Island ported with aligned "quality" standards.

So more people helps will be really welcome.

I will try to write a step by step guide for people that want to "join" the group

with a progressive release with different part so u can start to work sooner.

ok after a while I updated my release with some nice changes:

BUILD 011

- PARAM No advanced air Fixed tweaked improved:

0 FULL AIR WAR ( all aircraft and Sam system available )

1 No Advanced Air ( F35 Av8 Su34 Rapier / TorM1 will be unavailable )

2 Only transport Helicopters ( no advanced air / sam system / combat heli )

- Tor M1 & Rapier now can be purchased also in Airports Hangars ( u need airfactory and param full air war )

- F35 back with increased price

- Su39 now is called Su39 on Airport Russian unit list

- Su39 price increased

- Resistance/Occupation Param: HARD - NORMAL

Hard: (best for 20+ players)

Normal: (More PVP - Less Server load ) * also good for games with lower amount of players

default changed to normal instead of hard ( this should lower time spended vs AI and will increase PvP time and also make the server runs smoother, for who like the previous build 010 AI amount just change to HARD)

- less AI to Commander more to officers/team leaders ( Commander +3 - Officers & TL + 5 )

( commander have also repair action so I decided to swap squad size bonus )

- HUD - GPS - OSD (On/off buttons) added to warfare menu GUI

- new button/font ( on warfare menu GUI extra buttons )

- Price increased for mine and satchel charge

- Backpack Manager can now manage also Mines and Satchel Charge

- Vehicle Crew Hud list fixed/improved

- GPS zoom level tweaked

- GPS/Players marker arrow direction work also when in vehicles

- increased supply truck delivery reward ( 100$ x Current Town SV ) a good reward!

- Town SV value and relative occupation/resistance group improved now:

Small Town 40 Sv

Medium Town 60 Sv

Medium Town Tank 80 Sv

Large Town 100 Sv

Huge Town 140 Sv

- Supply increase ratio lowered ( to give more reason to use Supply truck ) ( was +5 min now is +3 min)

- Town reward tweaked according town size: 250$ x SV MAX

40 sv = 10.000 $

60 sv = 15.000 $

80 sv = 20.000 $

100 sv = 25.000 $

140 sv = 35.000 $

- Changed starting day from April to June, and added param ( sunrise-sunshine) for starting time

- medic undeploy tent action delay 30sec ( from 60sec) ( in case of mistake less time to wait for remove tent )

- added the Delta Force Marksman to skill init class array - now it can spot like other marksman

- minor tweak to desert texture replacement reduced a bit the red level of some skin

- added German KSK to recuitable soldiers in BLUFOR Barraks

dowload link: http://www.mediafire.com/?i4uynoltucqbwta

the package contains full changelog txt and some background from 1st loading screen.

Thanks mate, I need to improve the peace time marker and function soon because we have always problem with people that doesn't know it.

I will release build 012 soon, maybe will be the last one based on 2071, Benny is working hard in WF3 and will introduce new network system, new gui, new city occupation/resistance, in 2072, so my next work will be the integration of new features... lot of work at oriziont...

The nice news for build 012... it will be out soon, peace time system improved, and will be released also on other islands/map

What islands can we expect it to be on? Sahrani is a wonderful island that I have myself, but not many due to its size.

oh please Celle 2,Nogova;Everon;Malden. :D

What islands can we expect it to be on? Sahrani is a wonderful island that I have myself, but not many due to its size.
oh please Celle 2,Nogova;Everon;Malden. :D

All island that u wrote will be released

it's just question of time ;)

build 013 - C...

build 013 - S...

build 013 - I...

I will release to public 013 this week, first I need to test all new stuff on 012, we usually do that in BoB server,

and 013 will have fix / tweak if needed before public release on forum/armaholic page.

Rubber, played with you a few days ago, just wanted to say that I love your game mode! I really think it's how Arma2 is meant to be played on multiplayer!

Had a quick question on supply trucks, how do I use them to gain supplies and money? I can't figure it out. Thank you!

Rubber, played with you a few days ago, just wanted to say that I love your game mode! I really think it's how Arma2 is meant to be played on multiplayer!

Had a quick question on supply trucks, how do I use them to gain supplies and money? I can't figure it out. Thank you!

Thanks a lot,

We need player for upcoming tournament if u want u can play with us ( but not as commander hehehehe )

About supply truck:

When a side capture a Town the town start to increase it's Supply Value ( Current SV ) +3 each minute

With supply truck each deliver increase the town +10 sv and give a reward that I've tweaked because in build 012 was too high

now in build 013 ( I will release to public today ) it's bit less. (75$ x Current SV x2)

so if u deliver a supply truck to a town with 60/120 u get 75$ x 60 x 2 = 9000$

if you have 2truck :) second will get 75$ x 70 x 2 = 10500$

and u get also more money*min and supply*min because your side got more Total SV ratio - instead of wait the +3 SV/min without trucks

In standard Benny Edition supply truck are disabled if param set Supply system to TIME, my version is different and u can use supply truck to speed up, that's is easy if town is far from "frontline" of war but after with enemy close will be more difficoult to deliver a supply truck to city depot....

To reload the supply truck you have 3 options:

1 send close to HQ ( you will receive a hint: supply truck is full loaded ) * I modded this hint in 013 - build 012 and BE is showed only if player is driver of truck.. now is displayed also with AI

2 send close to Service Point

3 send to a town with higher SV

if u have a town 80/80 u can just move truck from town 30/60 to 80/80 then back, u don't need to move Truck back to HQ/Service point

so

using supply truck will boost your SIDE supply / money ratio per minute, and give reward to players that use supply truck ( a very good $ reward )

Feel free to ask everythings it's not enough clear for u

Cheers

Rubber

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

BUILD 013 released

changes:

BUILD 013

- New loading screen

- supply truck delivery / supply truck reload hint always displayed also with AI driver

- supply truck reward on delivery is lower than 012 ( Current town SV * 75$ * 2 )

- GPS Zoom now can be tweaked

u can use custom keys 15 - 16 - 17 or Warfare Menu GUI buttons (+ | - | auto )

with zoom auto on u change the base factor of zoom, but zoom still change when your speed change

with zoom set to manual is always fixed and u can adjust with custom key or gui buttons (manual fixed ratio)

BUILD 012

- improved Peace time look and funcionality

( now PT marker is more visible and also timer is displayed on map, if your side discover the PT all client will see marker and timer, also AI can discover if a town is in peace time, this is important in previous build when u send AI u don’t know if town is in PT or not, now also AI will inform your side about city status ( marker and timer )

- Entering enemy town in peace time now display a Hint

- Peace time over in friendly or enemy town will be announced with a hint

- supply truck reward on delivery increased ( Current town SV * 100$ * 2 )

a small note:

Assign control for custom key 15, 16, 17 if u want to use zoom without enter the warfare gui menu

key 15 zoom in

key 16 zoom out

key 17 change zoom level to manual/auto

when in Construction interface those custom key can help you a bit ( those key works also in standard Benny Edition )

key 15 repeat last build defense ( really useful for build fence or wall around structures )

key 16 auto man defenses ON/OFF

key 17 sell fortifications / or static defenses

download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dyyg7j7f92tj6cl

Would this be ACE compatible?

I went trough the whole thread but to no avail. Also, is this version SP friendly or its meant for PvP only? Cheers!

Would this be ACE compatible?

I went trough the whole thread but to no avail. Also, is this version SP friendly or its meant for PvP only? Cheers!

Hi Bee ;)

I don't know if is compatible with ACE, not tested, maybe a bit of work is needed to make mission ACE compatible, BE for example have a dedicated version for ACE. At moment I have no free time to test and release an ACE version maybe with ArmA3 ACE ;)

About SP I think that u can enjoy it, but you have to tailor the starting parameter for better game

turn on Ai commander

turn on Ai squad

increase player squad size ( remember with FH u will have 2x )

increase a bit starting founds

then I think you can have fun also in SP.

Best esperience will be using JSRS audio, and ASR_AI

Have fun ;)

Cheers

Great version of Warefare Ed, we played it all weekend and had a blast! :yay:

Any chance of getting some other maps as well like Chenerus, Zargabad, and etc?

Great version of Warefare Ed, we played it all weekend and had a blast! :yay:

Any chance of getting some other maps as well like Chenerus, Zargabad, and etc?

YES I will try to release soon!

Build 014 Released

you will find a surprise in the 7zip file...

http://www.mediafire.com/?33lkdi226md986i

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

little spoiler... 3 pbo in 7z file :)

WOW! This is great, thanks again!

I am happy each time I see a new server running my edition :)

I have ported on Lingor, it's ALpha but it's playable I will release soon

The first Island that u will request I will try to release togheter with next alpha public package... so who will be the first?

(don't ask Celle2, Saharani, Isla Duala ( those are already on the way ;))

Build 014 Released

you will find a surprise in the 7zip file...

http://www.mediafire.com/?33lkdi226md986i

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

little spoiler... 3 pbo in 7z file :)

Hi Rubber, i have enjoyed your mod very much. our clan is moving to arma2 OA and we like the rubber ed. What do i need to down load to put it onto our server. Also how do i put it onto the server?

Hi Rubber, i have enjoyed your mod very much. our clan is moving to arma2 OA and we like the rubber ed. What do i need to down load to put it onto our server. Also how do i put it onto the server?

Mission can run without any addon so u need only mission PBO file that are included in the 7zip package linked here or in 1st post.

If you want to enjoy the better AI you can run in the server @CBA and @ASR_AI

I see you playing in BOB server some time so you know how the ASR_AI works ;)

It's optional but I really suggest u to run mission with them. I also included custom config in the mission with really good result with massive firefight from far distance with a more real accuracy and more smart ai behaviour.

You can use Six Updater to download CBA and ASR_AI on your client then you can upload the folder on server

or u can download from Armaholic:

CBA: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231&highlight=CBA

ASR_AI: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12105

last tip, play with JSRS audio mod it's really great audio much better than default arma one ( for this u just need key on server key folder)

have fun and good luck with your clan

;)

Rubber, after playing your BE version for a while I have a recommendation. Please include FLIR in heavy vehicles and helos for both opfor and blufor. A player on a mountain top with a javelin, smaw, etc is so much more powerful then the heavies, I think the FLIR would be a nice balancing act.

Rubber, after playing your BE version for a while I have a recommendation. Please include FLIR in heavy vehicles and helos for both opfor and blufor. A player on a mountain top with a javelin, smaw, etc is so much more powerful then the heavies, I think the FLIR would be a nice balancing act.

Hi mate

it's easy just ask to enable thermal weapons by parameters on startup